ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge

Go down 
+2
TNshooter
FIELD STATION 42
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 7:26 am

LeStryge wrote:

But now I'm wondering if the name of your new bloke could intentionally on your part be shortened to “Mondegreen”?

Razz Mondegreen it is!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 8:13 am

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 G7PcVY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 8:25 am

I know.....I know....

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 SluawG
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 8:48 am

LeStryge wrote:
Excellent shots Daryl, ....and some great pieces too! cheers

Thank you LeStryge!

But not near as interesting as your character!

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 8:56 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
You call a guy with a helicopter backpack carrying a portable rocket launcher “boring?”
You must lead a much more exciting life than I do, that’s for sure!

Dave,

I certainly don't live an exciting life. Your photo with a bi-plane, and
Lestryge's steampunk photo with a dirigible, are far more interesting
than the simple items I have. That's why I consider them boring. They
are figures out of packages, no special work to make them what they
are. Not like the work the two of you have done.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 8:59 am

LeStryge wrote:

Great photo LeStryge!

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 10:10 am

LeStryge wrote:

This picture is totally out of this World or I should really be typing this picture is totally out in space Laughing.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 10:12 am

LeStryge wrote:
I know.....I know....

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 SluawG

Okay this picture is totally cool Dave. The flying space bike and female alien totally suit together perfectly. I’m really liking this picture.

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 11:58 am

Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
Okay this picture is totally cool Dave. The flying space bike and female alien totally suit together perfectly. I’m really liking this picture.
No Alex, ....I know it looks very like one of Dave's pics, but this time it's actually one of mine.
We both have the same Astra Nova figure.
Thank you for your comment on my "out of this world" pic!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 12:17 pm

In retrospect, it was a pretty good idea not to limit this to Earthly types......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 12:37 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
In retrospect, it was a pretty good idea not to limit this to Earthly types......
Sorry if I didn't conform to your original idea. I do tend to go off on a tangent, and strange as it may seem, I don't have any orange jumpsuits....
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 pm

The original idea was that there had to be something in the photo that identified the figure as a pilot. That's all.  I did not want people posting pics of Luke Skywalker in his bathrobe saying "Hey! I'm a pilot."  It could be a uniform or uniform items, googles and scarf, or whatever craft they pilot.  Aside from that, anything goes.  I had assumed there would be a lot of old Joes out there with their orange flight suits, but was wrong.  What I got was much more creative.  The point was simply to give members a chance to post their pics and show off their collections. All the better that we have so many unique figures that folks put a lot of thought and effort into.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 4:04 pm

Toxic Robot Fan wrote:

I understand why you might think this was one of my photos, Alex… but it’s not! Shocked

The Monster High Invasion of the AMMO Forum is well underway! Mwah hah hah hah hah! Twisted Evil

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 4:07 pm

I'm kind of hoping we might soon start seeing some of the Sisters of Little Mercy Flying Nun Squadron figures appearing soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 10:53 pm

I'm kind of hoping we might soon start seeing some of the Sisters of Little Mercy Flying Nun Squadron figures appearing soon.
Sister Bertrille maybe?
Although she needs no vehicle.....just her cornette lol!
Aerodynamically unsound of course, but.... Question

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 IPkAI1

Thanks for suggesting such an open topic that provided some of us the opportunity to run with it!
A lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 2:05 am

LeStryge wrote:
Sister Bertrille maybe?
Although she needs no vehicle.....just her cornette lol!
Aerodynamically unsound of course, but.... Question

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 IPkAI1

Thanks for suggesting such an open topic that provided some of us the opportunity to run with it!
A lot of fun!

I'm just surprised no-one has posted a photo of The Doctor with his TARDIS.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 12:33 am

I'm just surprised no-one has posted a photo of The Doctor with his TARDIS.

There's a BIG HINT for YOU, BlondeActionMan! bounce

But... I'm actually here... now that my Internet connectivity has been restored...

... as an aside, it's a bit disconcerting to discover how essential Internet connectivity has become in my life. After being disconnected for a mere three days, during which time I was able to avail myself to at least a limited version via phone tethering to an iPad, I became painfully aware of just how much of my business life and social life requires adequate Internet connectivity! Like... pretty much everything I do has an Internet component!

Where was I? Oh, right... Laura Neville's new cap, and Lt Montague "Mondegreen" Wintergreen both appeared during my enforced absence, so I was unable to promptly and properly comment.

Laura smokes? Of course she smokes, as in, she's absolutely smokin' hawt! Top that off with a femme fatale noir-era cigarette with a suggestive curl of smoke, and... it's Double Indemnity: the War Years edition! Step aside, Stanwick, Turner, and Lake - Miss Neville is on set!

If there were a male fig, a male character, worthy of the attention of Laura, that fig and that character may very possibly be embodied in the form of Flight Lieutenant Montague "Mondegreen" Wintergreen (did I hear that correctly?)! What a positively dashing rogue! On another forum, someone commented that Monty reminded them of film actor Stewart Granger – and all of a sudden I wanted to slightly revise Monty's military style in to a safari kit ala King Solomon's Mines. To me, it looks more like another actor from the same Golden Age era, Robert Ryan. Whoever this fig may look like, he's absolutely devastating and the epitome of style and class! In fact, I see potential trouble a-brewin'! Monde... I mean Monty Wintergreen is so deucedly good-looking that even Commodore Sir James Bond-Fleming might very well become jealous... and with good reason!

On a positive note – having created such a ruggedly handsome and stylish character, you will have no further need to consider the absurdly expensive DiD WWI British Officer MacKenzie set!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 2:36 pm

Speaking of which Dave, where is that whole escadrille of cute little female aviators I seem to recall seeing on your Flickr proflle?
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 9:00 pm

Pulling pitch in the 21C Hughes 500D while Jane keeps an eye out for traffic.Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Img_1112
Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Img_1113
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 9:06 pm

Great images! Thanks for sharing!

Riverside Rhodes likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 9:40 pm

These are really cool pictures Riverside Rhodes.

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 10:34 pm

NAM Little Bird Pilots and crew .

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 3up

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Pilot3

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Heli-pilot6

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 10:51 pm

But where are their surfboards?
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 11:03 pm

Nice looking ship, and figures, Chip. I can almost hear the bugler blowing the cavalry charge to announce takeoff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 11:23 pm

Great camera angles there Riverside Rhodes!
And Chip, that gunner is determined not to run short of ammo!
Excellent composition!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flyboy (or girl) Challenge   Flyboy (or girl) Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flyboy (or girl) Challenge
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next