ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Empty
PostSubject: How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?   How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 11:33 am

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?   How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 2:49 pm

Too Much Very Happy

FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?   How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 3:43 pm

Time, effort, thought... and money! Don’t forget the money! Embarassed

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?   How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 3:45 pm

Not as much as I would like.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?   How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 4:12 am

I'm finding myself lapsing in to "the dolldrums" these past few days. I'm suddenly not caring about any aspect of the action figure hobby. In fact, the sheer number of figures, and the associated crap that keeps piling up, is starting to grate on me. The amount of time and money I have wasted on little toy figures is becoming annoying. Not being able to find things I'm looking for, or spending an hour searching for some little bit of painted plastic, is increasingly frustrating. I'm feeling tempted to bin a bunch of it, or to post it up on eBay... but either of those actions would require an investment of time and energy I am not presently willing to make.
pale

It's probably a temporary feeling, so knowing that, plus a general sense of malaise, will likely keep me from doing anything rash. But really, I am suddenly not caring at all about most of the doll action figure junk I've accumulated.

Maybe, considering all my whining, I should change my user name to S**** S******.  Razz  I don't think that name is being used at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?   How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 6:58 am

Dave...Dave, ....calmez-vous!
Rest assured we have ALL at some time or other felt exactly the same way. I know I have!
Do not, repeat DO NOT do anything rash such as getting rid of stuff whilst in this frame of mind.
You will INVARIABLY regret it.
Just give things a break for a while.
Do something else instead of "the figures". Put 'em all away in tubs where you can't even see 'em.

Could take a week or two, maybe even a month or more, but I guarantee that something will once again arouse your interest, you see a site maybe that would work in scale and you'll think "Now I've got just the thing to set that up!"
That's if you haven't gotten rid of it!!!

Sure down the road a bit you may want to "prune" your collection, but do it in a better frame of mind.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?   How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 9:09 am

Dave,

I completely agree with LeStryge!!

Burnout in the hobby is common. Before I joined here I was in a four year burnout.
But I didn't get rid of my collection.

And I'm very happy I didn't!!

Sometimes we get in a rut, whether we can't find inspiration, or find we can't get
new stuff. Finding new stuff helps to keep our interest.

I have seen on other forums, where members decided to start liquidating their collections,
and later regretted it.

I have too many projects in my collection. Time is a factor. Some projects I have had for
years (I still have some HOF figures to change onto CC bodies) and some newer projects,
recent vintage Joes to fix up, which I'm not getting to as fast as I would like.

And although I have some past female figures (not seamless) I want to outfit them.

Do you have some past projects you haven't finished?

Maybe some projects you haven't gotten to yet?

Most importantly, don't get rid of what you have. Put them in storage and wait, if you still
feel burnout. Don't get rid of them, because I know from experience, when you get out
of burnout you will regret getting rid of figures.

Just put them aside if you need to. Take a break. In time, you will regain your interest.
And if you dump any of your collection, when you regain your interest you will regret what
you dumped.

Just relax, read what is going on in the boards, eventually you will get a renewed interest.
But in the meantime, I hope you will not dump your collection. I have seen on other boards
where people thought like you and dumped their collections, later to regret it.

So please don't do anything rash.

Some of us get a bit weary from time to time. Sometimes it's because of 1:1 life. Stress can
cause us to lose interest in our hobbies. It's happened to me.

But, just know that we are behind you, if you need to talk send me a PM. I'm here for you.

Daryl

FIELD STATION 42 likes this post

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?   How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 6:29 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Not as much as I would like.

Ditto!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby?   How much do you invest in time, effort and thought into your figure hobby? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1