ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Been holed up in the shed for a while

Go down 
+5
BAMComix
TNshooter
Kimono Troop Command
Chip
FIELD STATION 42
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Been holed up in the shed for a while Empty
PostSubject: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 6:42 pm

Most of these naked guys have been holed up in the shed for quite some time... far too long! Certainly pre-Covid.

So, as I had six 21st Century woodland camos and six Cots shoulder holsters knocking around doing nothing, I thought I'd start putting together a little troop, here's where we have got to so far. Four have been at Tom K HQ since around 2013/14, the Sea Adventurer and the VAM EE arrived within the last couple of years or so.

Been holed up in the shed for a while Pxl_2011

Been holed up in the shed for a while Pxl_2012

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 7:13 pm

affraid Stuck in the shed starkers since before the pandemic??

If you're not in the 'in-crowd' at TOMK HQ than you literally are out in the cold!

Still they look great in their new camos! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 8:04 pm

Very encouraging to see such a fine team of vintage figures back in uniform and armed for adventure!

At least this time, when thy go back in to storage, they’ll be on call and ready for action!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 9:47 pm

Cool Squad, but one has to ask what they were up to being naked in the shed together for so long? Been holed up in the shed for a while 1f61d
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 11:40 pm

They look really good now , glad you found the time to kit them out and show us , great looking team .

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 12:25 am

Let's just say they look a damned sight better kitted out than they did starkers.
Am I the only one who finds the sight of unclothed Joes.....somewhat odd?
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 12:31 am

LeStryge wrote:
Let's just say they look a damned sight better kitted out than they did starkers.
Am I the only one who finds the sight of unclothed Joes.....somewhat odd?

Nope. There's something extremely disconcerting about a group of bearded men standing around naked, and none of them having a....dangler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 12:33 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Nope.  There's something extremely disconcerting about a group of bearded men standing around naked, and none of them having a....dangler.
My point exactly. They all appear so masculine in the face but they seem to be waiting for somebody to hand out the short-arms!
At least the "blue pants" avoided this unhappy situation.
Personally I think it looks far more crude than if they were...."anatomically correct" as it is sometimes so coyly put.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 12:39 am

Let's just say I find them a lot better looking and less disturbing with their BDU's and shoulder holsters on.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 6:11 am

Great looking team TheOneManKid. The 21st Century uniforms look to fit vintage figures
very well.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 8:40 am

Very cool Ralph! they all look great! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 11:41 am

Outstanding work. A great looking team cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 1:06 pm

Many thanks everyone for your comments, it's much appreciated... most of these guys are rescue Joes and Action Men, apart from Ginger, who is all original apart from new hands. and the blonde Action Man, who has been reflocked and also has new hands, but body perfect. The reflocked EE head was bought off eBay and fitted on to a sharpshooter blue pants body, the other bearded adventurers are all rescue heads with bodies assembled from spares. So, a lot of passion went into putting this bunch together.

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 11:27 pm

I certainly appreciate your passion in carrying out such a task, and the very impressive results speak for themselves.
I'm curious where you get so many identical uniforms and kit?
Do you order them all at once from a supplier, or do you search the net diligently for as many matching pieces as you can find?
They all look very similar in appearance, so I'm suspecting they are all new, yes?
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 2:39 am

Sharp dressed troop!!!

cheers Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 8:10 am

LeStryge wrote:
I certainly appreciate your passion in carrying out such a task, and the very impressive results speak for themselves.
I'm curious where you get so many identical uniforms and kit?
Do you order them all at once from a supplier, or do you search the net diligently for as many matching pieces as you can find?
They all look very similar in appearance, so I'm suspecting they are all new, yes?

Those 21st Century BDUs were surplus from China and very cheap, I have seven sets in all, but Tom K has a set to himself, for when he goes soldiering. They fit the vintage Action Men and GI Joes pretty well, slightly long in the leg, but that doesn't matter with tall boots. I also have a couple of extra pairs of GI Joe 40th tall blacks heading to Tom K HQ soon, so they'll all have matching boots in the end. Gotta work out some head gear and accessories next. Oh... the Cots shoulder holsters with Beretta hand guns were bought back in 2014-ish, in the early days of collecting, in fact to build a team of six. Some projects can take a while to put together at Tom K HQ!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 8:14 am

Thanks for that info!
Always interested in HOW other hobbyists go about their collecting.
All too often we see the very impressive results but rarely do we get the back story of how it all came into being.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 8:03 am

LeStryge wrote:
Thanks for that info!
Always interested in HOW other hobbyists go about their collecting.
All too often we see the very impressive results but rarely do we get the back story of how it all came into being.

I can do more back stories on how different parts of my collection were put together, if that is interesting for everyone?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 8:24 am

TheOneManKid wrote:
I can do more back stories on how different parts of my collection were put together, if that is interesting for everyone?
Count me in for one!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 4:15 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:

Especially tales of the ones who weren't deemed not quite attractive enough and faced the wrath of Tom K's golden gun! lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 7:22 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
TheOneManKid wrote:

Especially tales of the ones who weren't deemed not quite attractive enough and faced the wrath of Tom K's golden gun! lol! lol!

Shhh! Don't tell everyone about Tom K's mental health issues! Wink

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 8:16 pm

LeStryge wrote:
TheOneManKid wrote:
Count me in for one!

Make that two votes cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been holed up in the shed for a while   Been holed up in the shed for a while Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been holed up in the shed for a while
Page 1 of 1