ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Packing For Deployment

Go down 
+2
FIELD STATION 42
Professor Gangrene Fan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Riverside Rhodes
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Riverside Rhodes

Packing For Deployment Empty
PostSubject: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 9:27 pm

Trying another test upload, this time a pic of the team getting prepped for a mission.
Packing For Deployment Dsc01310

BAMComix, Didier and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 10:07 pm

I’m really liking this picture of the team getting prepped for a mission. Looking at this picture is making me think now what kind of mission is the team going on mmmm.

Riverside Rhodes likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2021 11:41 pm

Organized yet full of stuff; bordering on cluttered yet not cluttered. Very "military" looking scene! Nicely done!

I'm digging the safari outfits on the right, there!

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 1:25 am

Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
I’m really liking this picture of the team getting prepped for a mission. Looking at this picture is making me think now what kind of mission is the team going on mmmm.
Thanks TRF. This was an outtake from an idea I had quite some time ago after watching the movie Congo. The plan was to have the team and gear dropped into the jungle. Unfortunately, I never got beyond the "packing the gear in the hangar" stage, LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 1:28 am

Great figures and heaps of nice props too!
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 2:04 am

LeStryge wrote:
Great figures and heaps of nice props too!

Thanks, LeStryge. Finding/making props & set dressing has always been one of my fav parts of the hobby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 2:36 am

Riverside Rhodes wrote:
Thanks, LeStryge.  Finding/making props & set dressing has always been one of my fav parts of the hobby.
Then we are of a like mind here RR!
I too enjoy that aspect.
I eagerly await seeing more of your constructions.

P.S. Is your current avatar something of a "Mini-Me", or just a favourite figure?
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 3:03 am

LeStryge wrote:
Riverside Rhodes wrote:
Thanks, LeStryge.  Finding/making props & set dressing has always been one of my fav parts of the hobby.
Then we are of a like mind here RR!
I too enjoy that aspect.
I eagerly await seeing more of your constructions.

P.S. Is your current avatar something of a "Mini-Me", or just a favourite figure?

Re: avatar, a little bit of both, LeStryge, LOL. He's got a little more hair than I do though. It's the Ernie Pyle figure but I always thought he looked a little bit like a combination of ADA Skinner from X Files and Rear Adm. AJ Chegwidden from JAG, so of course I named him AJ Skinner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 3:41 am

Riverside Rhodes wrote:
Re: avatar, a little bit of both, LeStryge, LOL.  He's got a little more hair than I do though.  It's the Ernie Pyle figure but I always thought he looked a little bit like a combination of ADA Skinner from X Files and Rear Adm. AJ Chegwidden from JAG, so of course I named him AJ Skinner.
Now THAT is an amazing co-incidence!
I have just purchased the Ernie Pyle figure and converted it into my Mini-Me because it was the only head sculpt I could find that even remotely resembled me! The lower face particularly.
In my case I had to add some more hair, ....(well not all that much!) and now it's dressed suitably and seated amongst my other figures t see if any visitor twigs that it's supposed to represent myself.

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 4:24 am

LeStryge wrote:

I have just purchased the Ernie Pyle figure and converted it into my Mini-Me because it was the only head sculpt I could find that even remotely resembled me ... and now it's dressed suitably and seated amongst my other figures t see if any visitor twigs that it's supposed to represent myself.

And when were you planning to show us this mini-me-sterpiece?

Planning to or not, let's see it! Please?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 4:37 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
And when were you planning to show us this mini-me-sterpiece?
I'd hardly call it any "masterpiece" of likeness as the bodily proportions are somewhat incorrect, particularly the legs.
I await somebody to identify who it's meant to be without any prompting. That would confirm that it at least bears some resemblance to myself.
This should not be all that difficult as visitors do like to look through the figures I have out on display and it's certainly dressed in clothes that I would wear, sitting in a small cane chair holding a margarita. Clues....clues!
A 1/6 scale Tiki Bar is in the making that would provide a suitable setting for the figure. That is if it passes muster and I don't disassemble it through disappointment and start over.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 7:43 am

Brilliant set up! your Joe's look ready for anything! bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 11:58 am

Mmmmm...margaritas...a Joe after my own heart, especially if he's also chowing down on some conch fritters at the tiki bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Riverside Rhodes wrote:
Mmmmm...margaritas...a Joe after my own heart, especially if he's also chowing down on some conch fritters at the tiki bar.
I do have the most wonderful Tiki Bar here as some sort of compensation for selling my former large home.
I dare say it's the only Tiki Bar in the whole area and has become the scene of some pretty interesting gatherings.
People now dress accordingly, .....plus I can lay claim to making great margaritas,....and Mai Tai's to! drunken drunken drunken
(See posts elsewhere in Off Topic.)
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Super pic of your figures , very interesting set up and figures .

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 6:28 pm

Thanks Chip.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Fantastic shot and set-up RR!!!

Really like how you have it laid out and thanks for posting here.

Brian
cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 10:30 pm

Thanks Brian.  First picture I've uploaded here.  Easier than I thought it would be Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Packing For Deployment   Packing For Deployment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Packing For Deployment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: G.I.Joe - America's Movable Fighting Man - 1964 -1969 / Adventure Team 1970 - 1976 :: Joe Random Images-
Jump to: