ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Empty
PostSubject: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 5:33 pm

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Reserv10

Well well, here we go on a long time coming. It was 2001, that year I first became a 12" - 1/6 collector...this marks My 20th year Anniversary! Long story short, I was looking on the web and saw there was like this big bang of 12" activity from companies and I was hooked. I mean from collecting smaller figures from Wrestling figures, TMNT, X-Men to Movie Maniacs it was a big jump for Me not only size & price but also display. I mean The figures are very realistic with tons of articulation and real clothing!.

When I first saw The Reservoir Dogs figures at various web stores I was like, oh wow, their really cool. So I was thinking about getting them. I hadn't seen the movie before. If your not familiar with this classic, it's a fantastic crime thriller that is very gritty & has violent action by Quinton Tarantino. CLICK HERE to the wiki page to know about it! I wanted the figures but I had to see the movie first, I rented it at Hollywood Video when video rental places still existed (I miss those days, Red Box and Netflix screwed all of the good times up with all of this digital stuff and today's young generation doesn't know the half of it) Rolling Eyes  So, I watched movie and I got the figures, THE WHOLE COLLECTION! So who are these figures made by? They are made by PALISADES! These were such an up and coming company with many terrific lines such as their great Muppets, 12" Final Fantasy movie figures (I never did collect The Muppets nor FF) and awesome Resident Evil figures (I have the whole collection of Palisades' RE so stay tuned for that). They were competing against the likes of McFarlane & NECA and due to that, constant quality issues among financial debacles, they went out of business in around 2006. Rolling Eyes

I got all of these guys from a really good web store in Texas that had great selections, prices & CS. Their name escapes Me at the moment but sadly they are no longer in business for over a decade unfortunately Rolling Eyes These guys were only about $35 a pop Shocked That was a great deal back then and if you look at today's insane market's prices, it's utterly pathetic how it is now. I miss the old days, I truly, truly do Rolling Eyes

So here we go with the 12" Reservoir Dogs figures. The head sculpts are superb. They were sculpted by SOTA which was Jerry Macaluso's great company (I knew him when I was a customer when he first started SOTA but more on that at a later date Idea ) and Plan B Toys also provided support for the line as well. I loved the likenesses, this is during when realistic sculpts started appearing more and more which really IMO it was a mystery of how quickthis upbringing horizon wasn't really seen in the 90s. I mean there was some great sculpts in the 80s especially the 90s but IMO the only sculpts that come as real as these were Playmates' Star Trek & McFarlane's X-Files & Movie Maniacs. The newer tech was being altered & upgraded by such sculptors like Mcfarlane's Four Horsemen whom would later do excellent work for NECA & Mattel of all companies. I don't know how many people noticed this then like I did but I still really find this to be rather odd how it all got better all of a sudden Shocked  The clothing is great and so is the many accessories. The quality is great but the bodies are kinda loose and I don't dare change the alternate heads. I misplaced the great artwork packaging though. Now later on there will BE A GRAPHIC SCENE!!!!! IF YOU KNOW RESERVOIR DOGS THEN YOU'LL KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT AND MIGHT BE SURPRISED THAT PALISADES ACTUALLY MADE THIS A DISPLAY OPTION!

OK, here we go!

Mr. Blonde: Played by great villain actor Michael Madsen. He uses a taller body since the actor is the tallest of the whole group @ 6 foot 4!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_blo11
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_blo10

Mr. White: Played by the talented Harvey Keitel, look at that great likeness!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_whi11
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_whi10

Mr Orange: Played by good Tim Roth, another tremendous likeness!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_ora10
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_ora11

Mr. Pink: Played by funny Steve Buscemi, yet another good likeness!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_pin10

Mr. Brown: Yep, its's Quinton Tarantino, the director of the movie!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_bro10

"Nice Guy" Eddie Cabot: This figure was a ToyFair exclusive Exclamation Played by the late great Chris Penn, good likeness and I love the big, more chubbier body to fit the character and I love that jacket & denim. He is the son of Joe Cabot.

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Nice_g10
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Nice_g11

Joe Cabot: Played by late great actor Lawrence Tierney. Like his son Eddie, he uses the chubby body. I love his clothing and he has a great likeness which arguably the best one. I believe this the first and one of the few if not the only official figure of Lawrence Tierney!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Joe_ca10
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Joe_ca11

Marvin Nash: Wow, Palisades knocked it outta the park with him, the head sculpt is marvelous and I love his utility belt!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Marvin12
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Marvin13

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 5:34 pm

SPECIAL GALLERY

The Display Stand & Handcuffs

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Stand_16

Accessories

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Access11
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Access10
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Access12

The Extra Heads: I used to pop them off and on but they are rather difficult for Me now so I just prefer the characters to be they way they are!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Altern10

The Backdrop: So this is what I used for the background in My displays. This was in the packaging and it's a good thing I kept it after all of these years Smile

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Backdr10

Copyright

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Copyri31

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 5:36 pm

SCENES!

Father & Son

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Father10

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Reserv11
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Reserv11My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Reserv11
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Reserv11My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Reserv11

The Ear Scene! Oh yeah, Palisades gave Mr. Blonde the good'ole razor-blade and Marvin's decapitated ear! I depicted this quite well if I do say-so Myself Shocked

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Marvin11
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Marvin10

Accessories

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Access13

OK Moving on..............

Group Shots!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Reserv12
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Reserv13

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 5:40 pm

SUPER SPECIAL GALLERY!

The Boxes/packing! --->These pics are not Mine <--- I just edited them together to show how great they were. Look at the art, the 5th panel and all the rest! These were still the days when you bought action figures with great packaging for cheap prices and you DIDN'T FEEL LIKE YOUR BUYING THE PACKING ONLY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  Shocked

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Boxes_10
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Boxes_11

Palisades Comparison: Here is Palisades' other great figures I got around the same time in 2001/2002 and believe Me it was a very good time for action figures! That's Mr. White along with The Tyrant, Albert Wesker and the Zombie Cop!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Palisa11

Sideshow Comparison: So after My discovery of 12" figures I got a lot of great ones when Sideshow was a great & original company in the 2000s and not this follow suit with the rest of'em generic disappointing business , believe Me when I say it, it makes Me really so freakin' Mad about these companies now Rolling Eyes So here is Mr. Orange with Highlander's Connor MacLeod & Friday the 13th's Jason Voorhees!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Palisa12
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Palisa10

ALTERNATE REALITY! WHAT THE HECK Shocked Tim Roth meets his alter ego, General Thade from 2001's Planet of the Apes, one of My all-time favorite movies! I find it strange and quite weird that Palisades made a Roth character and so did Hasbro at the same time in 2001 and nearly 10 years after Reservoir Dogs came out in 1992 Shocked

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_ora12
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_ora13
My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Mr_ora14

THE CONCLUSION!

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Reserv15

So there you have it, that is My entire collection of 12" Reservoir Dogs by Palisades! I do not have any by the other companies, I just wanted these then and that was that. So I hope you enjoyed all of My hard work to showcase to you. Comments about My pics & commentary or even questions please Smile

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 5:56 pm

BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:
... and you DIDN'T FEEL LIKE YOUR BUYING THE PACKING ONLY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

Oh, man, I know, right? So many figs these days come in layers of boxes - nice boxes with fantastic artwork, but still... it's just cardboard boxes!

Maybe finding boxes inside boxes inside boxes is considered part of the "play value"? Rolling Eyes

Reservoir Apes? The Planet of the Apes pics cracked me up! Then I saw what you did, there – same actor, different roles – which made it even funnier!

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 6:01 pm

Thanks SCU Smile Its the companies, IMO its a way for the consumer to pay more Rolling Eyes I'm glad you got it Very Happy If you noticed how My showcases are I do that type of stuff a lot Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 11:56 pm

A truly impressive collection. You must feel so glad that you managed to buy all of it.
Great figures, well dressed and all commemorating that famous movie and its characters.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 6:03 am

Great figures Brandon!

There was a 1/6 surge of figures around 2000, and unfortunately I missed it,
as I was in a hiatus on my hobby at the time.

Luckily, a couple or three years later I was back into the hobby and finding
a ton of Joes and 21st Century on ebay. I collected a lot during that time.

But I never saw the Resevoir Dogs on the market.

I bet those are going for big dollars these days! Some Joes from that time are.

I hate it that I didn't know about the 1/6 scale boom during that time, I could
have gotten figures for a bit less in cost than a couple of years later when I
found out and was buying them.

That's a great collection!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 6:10 am

TNshooter wrote:

Ah yes, ...the old "why didn't I buy that back then" syndrome.
I have suffered from that myself!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 6:18 am

LeStryge wrote:
Ah yes, ...the old "why didn't I buy that back then" syndrome.
I have suffered from that myself!

I would have bought them on the shelf if I had known at the time.
I found out about them a couple of years later.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 7:44 am

Very cool Brandon, and terrific to see them again bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 8:47 am

LeStryge wrote:
A truly impressive collection. You must feel so glad that you managed to buy all of it.
Great figures, well dressed and all commemorating that famous movie and its characters.

Thanks LeStryge Smile Yes, it felt great back then. Looking at it now, I am very grateful that I did get them because now, if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to get them now just not because I couldn't afford it but also Joe Cabot is the rarest figure & hardest to find of them all! I mean most of the other figures are still readily available and while some are still at decent prices but if you are mostly a completist like Me then not able to find Joe is big prob Rolling Eyes  

TNshooter wrote:
Great figures Brandon!

There was a 1/6 surge of figures around 2000, and unfortunately I missed it,
as I was in a hiatus on my hobby at the time.

Luckily, a couple or three years later I was back into the hobby and finding
a ton of Joes and 21st Century on ebay. I collected a lot during that time.

But I never saw the Resevoir Dogs on the market.

I bet those are going for big dollars these days! Some Joes from that time are.

That's a great collection!

Thanks a lot Daryl Very Happy Shame about that were late for the 1/6 big bang but you did get back into however and got some great stuff Wink Yes, I am very glad that I was able to experience how cool and fun it was back the, getting into 12" figures was a completely new additional hobby for Me that was much better than I had expected. Oh it's a terrible feeling really when you regret not figures in the past for whatever reason, I've been there more times than I'd like Rolling Eyes Like I said to LeStryge, Joe Cabot is the rarest figure & hardest to find of them all! Most of the other figures are still readily available on eBay and some are at decent prices but if you are mostly a completist like Me then not able to find Joe is big prob :ro If you are lucky enough to find him, I would imagine he would be the most expensive and most sought after so he probably be grabbed right away.

Blondeactionman wrote:
Very cool Brandon, and terrific to see them again bounce bounce

Thanks a lot Dal Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!   My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Reservoir Dogs Collection by Palisades!!
Page 1 of 1