ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Incriminating old photo comes to light!

Go down 
+5
Kimono Troop Command
Professor Gangrene Fan
gibri
JohnnyE4
FIELD STATION 42
9 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Incriminating old photo comes to light! Empty
PostSubject: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 6:15 pm

While the misuse and abuse of KO figures was accepted in the past, times have changed and such things are now apparently frowned upon in today's PC culture. No one will admit that for us kids, those pocket money priced, rip-off figures were the ultimate in cannon fodder. SKJ's finest have always denied any wrong doing in this area until this old photo has recently come to light..

Incriminating old photo comes to light! 1-Copyb

Joe and Hank banged to rights 'questioning' a KO prisoner sometime in the early 1970's!

...Not really! Shame on anyone who believed this obviously faked pic!

A mate of mine has bought a holiday home down the coast and I'm renovating it for him. The place hasn't been touched since the 60's/70's and is a real time capsule of original retro features.

Check out the cooker.

Incriminating old photo comes to light! Cooker

It has to be 50plus years old and still works perfectly (how long do modern ones last?). I couldn't miss the chance to get a few retro pics of it with the guys.

Incriminating old photo comes to light! Melt
'Joe what's the melting point of KO plastic is Fahrenheit?'

Incriminating old photo comes to light! Oscar
'Ok ok quit with the amateur dramatics! Everyone knows the pics are fake so you won't be winning an Oscar!'

Incriminating old photo comes to light! Last

After a hard day interrogating KO figures, Joe and Hank relax with a beer!

Incriminating old photo comes to light! Cheers

That sink and pillar taps are just like just like the ones I remember us having when I was a kid!

Incriminating old photo comes to light! Taps

It is going to genuinely pain me to gut the place and update it. If it was mine I think I'd try and keep it as original as possible and enjoy the 'stepping back in time' feel that would add to any stay there...but my mate isn't stuck in the past like I am so the place is getting modernized.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 6:22 pm

That first pic had me completely fooled! I thought it was a paper print you had found in a family album from when you were a kid!

I'm with you - I would absolutely leave that place looking as it does! It is truly a time capsule from an era when life was, in many ways, better!

Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 6:37 pm

now thats a Hot Tub lol!
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 7:35 pm

Not retro, it's real old, not fake old...

I hate to remember how many new stoves/washers and driers we have bought in the last 20 years.

Brilliant pics, Steve! You had me fooled.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 7:35 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 8:11 pm

Brilliant Steve! Always great too see what the boys have been up to! boy do I remember stuff like that from when I was a kid! if that cooker is off to the dump, you should reclaim that top piece for a dio piece bounce .
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 9:45 pm

Very amusing
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 5:11 am

Wow!

If your friend doesn't want the cooker, and it still works, maybe take it out and
sell it as an antique?

And I'm curious about the KO figure. Will you tell me what it is?

Years ago I found a GI Joe body at a flea market, it had a KO head on it.
I have yet to identify where the head is from, what brand it is.

And in the meantime, very cool photos and story! lol! lol!

Daryl

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 7:10 am

Well I've heard of "bunny-boilers".....but........???
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 12:42 pm

But, the whole purpose of a KO figure was for canon fodder or destruction of some kind, wasn't it?

I noticed that all the cooking rings are switched to Off, is that because they hadn't start the KO melt plastic soup yet?!

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 6:19 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:

I noticed that all the cooking rings are switched to Off, is that because they hadn't start the KO melt plastic soup yet?!

It was only a modern re-enactment of what we used to get up to! No KO figures were harmed in the making of these pictures! lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2021 9:22 am

A sad epitaph to that cool cooker I used for retro pics... Sad

It had to make way for the new kitchen and so got unceremoniously dumped in the back garden.

Incriminating old photo comes to light! Cooker1

..And yesterday I took it to the scrap yard (oops I mean metal recycling centre)! Shocked

Incriminating old photo comes to light! Cooker2

A sad end indeed but it was really heavy and so worth a bit scrap value. I'll call the funds VAM tokens and buy something for my collection in it's honour!

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2021 11:37 am

As you say Steve, a sad end for the cooker, but it will help bolster the vam squads of SKJ-HQ! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2021 11:41 am

I'm sorry to hear that. They don't make things like they used to.
Back in the day they made things to last.

But nice to know it will go to getting more VAMS!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incriminating old photo comes to light!   Incriminating old photo comes to light! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incriminating old photo comes to light!
Page 1 of 1