ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Louis Marques.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Louis Marques. Empty
PostSubject: Louis Marques.   Louis Marques. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 2:03 pm

Where would Professor Victor Champion be without his loyal companion, Louis Marques? Adventurer, explorer, playboy, suave Frenchman, debonair hero and member of the Royal Kadath Society. Many thanks to Dave for helping me track down this elusive Triad sculpt. The character of both Louis and Victor are Dave and mines tribute to the late MiskatonicNick.

Louis Marques. 51638024651_baca38eb37_cLouis arrives at the Ammo Arms. by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Louis Marques. 51645948097_6009d29993_cLouis Marques. (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Louis Marques. 51646994768_c36a0e0431_cLouis Marques. (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Louis Marques. 51645948347_6196d6afed_cAmbushed! by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Louis Marques. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Marques.   Louis Marques. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 2:11 pm

Excellent outfitting and superb posing and lighting! A most appropriate recreation of Louis Marques, eminent member of the Royal Kadath Society.

For those who may miss the reference, the name “Louis Marques” is a play on Louis Marx of Marx Toys, a prominent manufacturer of popular playthings in the 1950s - 1970s, mostly remembered for their miniature molded plastic figures (green army men and others) and the 1970s “Big Wheel” riding toy.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Louis Marques. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Marques.   Louis Marques. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 2:28 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Excellent outfitting and superb posing and lighting! A most appropriate recreation of Louis Marques, eminent member of the Royal Kadath Society.

For those who may miss the reference, the name “Louis Marques” is a play on Louis Marx of Marx Toys, a prominent manufacturer of popular playthings in the 1950s - 1970s, mostly remembered for their miniature molded plastic figures (green army men and others) and the 1970s “Big Wheel” riding toy.

Thanks Dave! bounce . He was a tricky devil to put together, with lots of references back and forth from Mr. Nick's work Very Happy . Hi clothes and accessories are put together from Action Man, Modern Action Man, 21t century toys and BBI stuff. So pleased you like him cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Louis Marques. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Marques.   Louis Marques. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 2:42 pm

The shirt and trousers are perfect and I love that weathered leather jacket!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Louis Marques. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Marques.   Louis Marques. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 2:47 pm

Nicely done Dal. What head sculpt is it? I've never seen it for sale anywhere.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Louis Marques. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Marques.   Louis Marques. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 2:59 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
The shirt and trousers are perfect and I love that weathered leather jacket!

Cheers Dave, I have a pair of trousers that I'm gonna through into a parcel for ya! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Louis Marques. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Marques.   Louis Marques. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2021 2:59 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Nicely done Dal. What head sculpt is it?  I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

I believe he is a Triad Zorro sculpt Gary bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Louis Marques. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Marques.   Louis Marques. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Nicely done Dal. What head sculpt is it?  I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

I believe he is a Triad Zorro sculpt Gary bounce

Well, I always thought he looked more like a Spaniard than a Frenchman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Louis Marques. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Marques.   Louis Marques. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Louis Marques.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Seamless Collections (TBL-Phicen & Jiaou Figures) :: Seamless Figure Collections-
Jump to: