ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doctor No Face

Go down 
+2
FIELD STATION 42
Chip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 11:27 pm

This is my take on No face , I have a story  in mind ( that may never materialise as many of my fantasy ideas don`t ) . But no Face will play as a Scientist / Weapon Designer . Until now every photo I seen of him made me chuckle or smile , but I think I actually got him looking the part of being quite sinister . I am pleased how he looks , sorry for the wait you guys in chat , and Big thanks to Alex for supplying me with Doctor No Face . Wink

Doctor No Face  1-P1140330

Doctor No Face  2-P1140321

Doctor No Face  3-P1140332

Doctor No Face  4-P1140340

Doctor No Face  5-P1140350

Doctor No Face  6-P1140348

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 1:03 am

The German uniform does put a new persona on No Face! Maybe he suffered some sort of explosion in a weapons development facility?
(Alex must have a stockpile of No Face figures as he also gave me my first one!)
Great shots too!

Last edited by LeStryge on Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 2:24 am

Sinister, indeed! Excellent portrait style photos against the black background. The lighting is excellent, revealing the details in the uniform (and in that hideous visage).

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 5:56 am

He turned out great Chip. And great photos!

He has a bit of a Red Skull vibe. He looks great.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 7:35 am

Fantastic work Chip! he really did turn out well! Hope we get to read the story someday bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 10:25 am

Wow Chip. I never expected that you would go down the German WW2 uniform road with your No Face. I actually think the German WW2 outfit really suits your No Face. In that outfit he looks really sinister. I’m really liking LeStryge’s idea on that he suffered some sort of explosion in a weapons development facility.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 3:31 pm

Very cool, Chip. He would fit in so perfectly with my part of the joint comic.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 7:09 pm

Thanks for all those kind comments , thanks to Alex and the other peeps photos of No Face shown here , he has become a rather favourite character of mine .

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 9:53 pm

Just goes to prove you don't have the be beautiful to be popular!
Gotta say that is an amazingly detailed German outfit. Where is it from?
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 10:15 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Just goes to prove you don't have the be beautiful to be popular!

I totally agree with you LeStryge.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 11:18 pm

I believe its made by DiD Barry . ( Dragon in Dreams ) . And is actually a German Medics uniform , but to be honest I am a bit lost on German insignia ect .  

Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2021 11:38 pm

Chip wrote:
I believe its made by DiD Barry . ( Dragon in Dreams ) . And is actually a German Medics uniform , but to be honest I am a bit lost on German insignia ect .  

Let me give you a couple of pointers then.  The tunic is clear for the Heer (Army) with a bottle green collar, though it should have collar spools on it.  The epaulettes are those of a colonel or lieutenant colonel.  The edging on the epaulettes is a shade of blue, which is either medical corps (dark blue) or vehicle troops / service troops (Medium blue)  To my eye, it looks light to be medical, but then again the manufacturer may not be spot on for the colour.

The mismatched item here is the cap which is SS, not Army, though frankly, the Death's Head of the SS makes him all the more frightening. An SS officer's jacket would or should have a black collar, like the black band on his cap, though at times, when uniform replacements were scarce, it would appear that the SS simply raided army stocks and so they also sometimes issued jackets with bottle green collars.  

There were two styles of visor caps; the "crusher" style worn here, which had no chin cords and always a leather visor, and the more commonly seen type which had chin cords, metal insignia, and usually a stiffened crown.  

I hope this helps....
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2021 11:56 am

Thanks Gary , you sure have a very good knowledge of the Germans kit , I will be asking you about another figure in due course now . But to be honest it`s all just fantasy stuff here I was not looking to be spot on historically , though I recall it being listed as a Medical uniform and so it ties in nicely for Doctor No Face . I had a choice of insignia to put on the cap , and the Skull as you mention seemed fitting for him . Thanks very much again it made interesting reading .

Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2021 12:14 pm

I agree that this is not about historical accuracy, and if you look and my Stahltruppe collection, they too have a mish-mash of Army (Heere) and SS uniforms and kit, mixing both ETO and Afrikakorps uniform items.  

The insignia on the cap are actually correct for the cap.  The cap is definitely SS, not Heere, as the Army would have had a bottle green band above the visor, matching the colour of the collar.  I initially thought that SS collars were black, but a little more research shows that they were bottle green, like the army's. The SS eagle is also different from the Army eagle, and the version on the cap is exactly correct for the SS.  Note that the crusher cap could have either metal or cloth eagle and skull, and you've chosen the cloth ones.  

These things being said, the belt buckle is correct for the SS, and so the only thing you need to for this to be complete and accurate would be the SS collar insignia for his rank.
Back to top Go down

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2021 10:22 pm

Chip wrote:
 But to be honest it`s all just fantasy stuff here I was not looking to be spot on historically 
That's why, for me anyway, I tend to shy away from doing any "military" scenes. I like the idea of fantasy as we did when we were kids. Back then no one cared if the insignias were wrong, or some other minutiae were incorrect. The figure was a soldier and he had a mission to do. 
I don't possess the most admirable knowledge of uniforms that Gary obviously has, and even if I went and researched it all, I'd probably have to forage eBay, spend a small fortune to get all the correct stuff together, then wait for it all to arrive by which time the inspiration would have long flown. 

But then I am in total awe of all your 'Nam figures Chip! and their authenticity! cheers

Last edited by LeStryge on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Chip wrote:
 But to be honest it`s all just fantasy stuff here I was not looking to be spot on historically 
That's why, for me anyway, I tend to shy away from doing any "military" scenes. I like the idea of fantasy as we did when we were kids. Back then no one cared if the insignias were wrong, or some other minutiae were incorrect. The figure was a soldier and he had a mission to do. 
I don't possess the most admirable knowledge of uniforms that Gary obviously has, and even if I went and researched it all, I'd probably have to forage eBay, spend a small fortune to get all the correct stuff together, then wait for it all to arrive by which time the inspiration would have long flown. 

But then I am in total awe of all your 'Nam figures Chip!  cheers

I am nothing like an expert on WWII German uniforms as there are so many variations among them it's mind-boggling.  However as my parents grew up in Nazi occupied Belgium and as they watched Hogan's Heroes regularly in the 60's...and as it was something of an article of faith in my family to watch "The Longest Day" every June 6th, I naturally have a strong historical interest in everything connected to WWII.  But as I said, this figure looks awesome and the only thing that is lacking, IMO are the SS collar patches, which are easily obtainable. I would think that he would make a perfect character for a WWII horror film...an experiment gone wrong....a reanimated corpse...or maybe he just got dumped in a vat of corrosive chemicals....
Back to top Go down

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2021 3:17 am

Gary, it kind of amazes me that your parents, actually having seen the Nazis in action would watch a TV series (albeit a comedy) about a Nazi concentration camp. I have read that during movie shoots in the past when towns were temporarily decorated again with the swastika flags, it caused great distress for those who had seen them flying the first time. 
Of course those people are now getting few and far between, but apparently even the flags can rekindle old memories.

I had a relative who spent some time incarcerated in a Japanese Concentration Camp run by a particularly sadistic Commandant. 
He would never say all that much about what was done to him, but until his dying day he could not bear to hear anybody walking in thongs...(the feet type.)
That sound approaching meant you were in for some serious pain.

Chip, what about a monocle to increase the sinister look?
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2021 4:14 am

Hogan' Heros was about prison camp, not a concentration camp, and I suppose my parents watched it because it ridiculed the Nazis which is what Mel Brooks likes to do in virtually all of his films.  

Now about Hogan's Heroes, it may surprise you to know that all the main German characters who appeared in the show were played by Jews.  

1. Werner Klemperer aka Colonel Klink:  Father Jewsih, the famed conductor Otto Klemperer who fled to America in the 1930's.  Werner agreed to play Klink only if he could portray him as a fool who always failed.

2. John Banner, aka Sergeant Schultz: Jewish. Was once asked how could he play a Nazi? Answered that who but a Jew would better know what the Nazi's were like?

3. Howard Caine:  Major Hochstetter:  Jewish, though from America. Played a nasty Gestapo officer.

4. Leon Askin, aka, General Burkhalter: Austrian Jew who lost most of his family in the Holocaust.  Became quite good friends with Robert Clery, aka Cpl Lebeau, a French Jew who also lost most of his family in the Holocaust.  

So what this tells me is that this was their way of getting back at the Nazis...by making them out to be fools.  They were in truth monsters, but as Mel Brooks will tell you, you cannot win a shouting match with a dictator. Shouting is what dictators do for a living and so the best way to beat them is to ridicule them.. When my parents were growing up, standing up to the Nazis was very dangerous.  My mother's father was involved with the resistance, as was his sister. He was arrested by the Gestapo and imprisoned for some months before being released for medical reasons but his sister took his place and was sent to Ravensbrück and Mathausen concentration camps in exchange.  The only weapon that my parents, like so many other people had, was to find something funny about the Nazis and laugh at them.  

Popular WWII joke in Occupied France:  

Hitler and Goring driving through the German countryside when Hitler at the wheel of the car, runs over and kills a pig.  Hitler then tells Goring that they must pay indemnities to the pig's owner.  So Hitler gives Goring some money and sends him off to the farmhouse, but reminds him that Hitler is traveling incognito and his presence must not be revealed.

Goring is gone for two hours.  Finally, he staggers out of the farmhouse, very drunk and with carrying bottles of beer and champagne.  Hitler is very annoyed and says:

"Ach Goring! You fool.  You went and told them I was traveling with you, didn't you?"

Goring answers:

"No Mein Führer! When they answered the door, I shouted 'HEIL HITLER! THE PIG IS DEAD!' and then they gave me all these bottles!
Back to top Go down

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2021 7:48 am

Loved the joke.
Please tell me did the sister survive Ravensbruck and Mathausen? Such an incredible story.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2021 8:16 am

She did.  I met her a few times on trips to Belgium.  Made me the gift of two large flags I still have; The Belgian flag and the Lion of Flanders. She raised dogs incidentally; Malinois aka, Belgian shepherds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doctor No Face  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor No Face    Doctor No Face  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor No Face
Page 1 of 1