ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

50's Retro Astronette

Go down 
+2
FIELD STATION 42
Kimono Troop Command
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

50's Retro Astronette Empty
PostSubject: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 2:50 am

These are the first shots of my retro Astronette. The figure is a TB League S21B large bust with a Super Duck Head Sculpt. The helmet, harness and backpack, wait belt, ray gun and wrist protectors are from a CY Girls Aurora figure. The suit, which was gotten off e-Bay replaces the original CY Girls suit which was falling apart. The boots. The gloves are from VS toys, and the boots...which are soon to be replaced by better ones are parted out from a Tifa set.

Except for the boots, I really like the way this kitbash turned out and she is already one of my favorite figures.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 3:18 am

Your astronette is out of this world! The helmet and laser pistol are beyond epic! The shoulder pads and wrist gauntlets enhance the retro-futuristic appearance.

The boots are pretty good, but to my eye, they lack the size and bulk necessary to blend seamlessly with the other over-sized elements like the shoulder pads and wrist gauntlets. Perhaps you could look at boots for male figures, or at "toy" figure boots. I'm sure you'll find something suitable. You really have an eye for putting together visually interesting figures.

This is what bringing Major Matt Mason in to the 21st Century looks like! Love it!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 3:35 am

Thanks Dave. My problem with the boots is that the straps are held in place by magnets which are not very strong and constantly slipping. The boots aside, I totally love how this figure came out,
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 7:49 am

I’m going to repeat what Dave has typed Your astronette is out of this world. Your astronette looks like she’s stepped out of a Sci Fi cartoon. I’m loving everything about her.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 8:23 am

Wow Gary! really nice work bounce bounce , she looks amazing! She has a very retro/alien vibe to her. I know you said you wanted her for a separate story line, but who cool would it be if she manned some kind of space monitoring station orbiting the Earth?
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 10:38 am

Awesome !!! She looks great Gary , hope you sort the boots soon . I agree with Dave something a little heavier looking may suit . I really like the look of the pistol and helmet too , nice to see something different . Well done .

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 11:58 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Wow Gary! really nice work bounce bounce , she looks amazing! She has a very retro/alien vibe to her. I know you said you wanted her for a separate story line, but who cool would it be if she manned some kind of space monitoring station orbiting the Earth?

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to use her yet.  I has been thinking of a concept, among many, of the Science Patrol in the old Ultraman TV series. There would not be much need for the space suit in the space station orbiting the Earth except when going for space walks, which would be difficult to stage, photographically. An idea that had not previously occurred however is a concept from the old Gerry Anderson TV Series UFO and Space 1999, in which we have bases on the moon. We have not established in our joint comic that we do not as of yet have a base on the moon, or a settlement on Mars.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 4:16 pm

Wow! Cool figure and uniform! cheers

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Unbreathable Atmosphere   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 3:43 am

50's Retro Astronette 51735377865_14c7b8f3dd_b
blue gas
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

BAMComix and FIELD STATION 42 like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 7:32 am

Nice shot!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 8:17 am

That’s one cool smoky background Gary.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 3:23 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 4:15 am

So out of this world excellent I'm at a loss for coherent comment! Love it!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 2:46 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
So out of this world excellent I'm at a loss for coherent comment! Love it!

It's actually a composite of three photos. To achieve the effect, I placed a small electric humidifier behind the figure and below table top level. Behind that was a portable flash, pointed upwards towards where the vapor would rise. The flash had a blue gel filter on it. The figure was placed just to camera right of where the vapor would rise. I shot several photos, choosing the one I liked most for the main background. (figure and vapor stream #1) and then using Photoshop, cut the vapor streams out of a couple of other shots, pasted them into the main photo, and smoothed the edges using the layer masking technique.

FIELD STATION 42 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 2:01 am

50's Retro Astronette 51727206653_ef5b1532f2_b
Page_1
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50's Retro Astronette   50's Retro Astronette Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

50's Retro Astronette