ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Empty
PostSubject: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 1:11 pm

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! G_i_jo15

So as you know, I was stupid back in the day, didn't take care of My vintage Joes from the 80s & 90s. Then time went by and came 2005, I visited My "the then new" local Big Lots! (yes, the same BL that I have talked about time & time again before!) and they had a really nice action figure selection from many types of well known companies to their own knockoff figures which weren't too bad. So seeing lots of Batman figures and others from major companies, I saw 1 lonely Bareness of G.I. Joe I was like WOW, it's BARENESS Shocked I loved her back in the day. I immediately got her before anybody else did but decided she was gonna be My only choice as a collector's piece and that I WAS NOT gonna go for the whole series again like I did in the 80s and early 90s (cause I loved them then, IMO 87 - 92 was the the best time ever for RAH - I saw the Valor vs. Venom line at My local TRU in 04 - 05 and I was tempted...even years later when the new movies came out never did anything about it as I kept My thinking the same as before) Exclamation Hasbro's change to this newer VVV line was more modern yet with the sculpting (when they took over Kenner & Galoob, their sculpting had major improved especially in their SW line). The way figure is wasn't too far away from the classics IMO as the articulation is about the same and also comes with a generic type of display stand.        

Unfortunately I misplaced her blister card. I think she is just great, her armor is superb and she has a nice looking utility belt. She has a great hand gun a really cool machine gun as well. As always, she is raven-haired with glasses (I just dig that look on women!!). She is gorgeous and her physique is nice and her boobs are of a good size. She looks as good as ever before bounce    

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Barone14
G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Barone13
G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Barone10

Copyright!

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Barone11

Size Comparison: Well, as I had previously showcased My Scarlet figure, she too became just a collector's piece for Me when  got her @ BL too later on and here they are together but there is a bit of a difference in articulation and style compared to each other since they were released a little bit a part and from from two different lines as Hasbro made Scarlet more like a Star Wars figure rather than a G.I. Joe figure!

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Barone12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Guro-p11

So next will be something that hardly anybody talks about now like so many countless things and that it is the great female series that complements G.I. Joe rather well IMO. It is made by Guru*Toyz (no I'm not talking about ToyGuru aka the two-faced turncoat Scott Neitlich of Mattel then Jakks) which is a very underrated company/web store that is a direct seller of Hasbro's G.I. Joe series' and even their own series called Spy Agents/Spylounge that is completely Femdon and really the first and only series of it's kind which in My mind is very poignant. Sure, Joes among others has their "selections" of females characters but there's only a handful when it is all said and done which has always been a darn shame (though Playmates' great Star Trek series in the 90s had more women within the line arguably more than any other line I might add, check out My recent Acquirement topic to see what I mean).

Here is their logo and I will provide more info about them as we progress through this very unique showcase Smile  

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Guro-p10
G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Guro-t10

I got their very first character and she is their main one and her name is Agent Annika! I got her in the middle part of the 2000s:) Her packaging was juts a sealed plastic bag. She is a such a beauty and they went the extra mile with in appearance. Her eyes are a little off but hey, nothing's perfect Smile She originally came with a vest, a machine gun and an alternate masked head but I had misplaced them Rolling Eyes As for as her articulation goes, she moves and feels quite differently compared to a Joe figure. She has wrist cuts and a v-cut hips. While this may serve as an inconvenience for sitting in vehicles, it does make her more realistic appearing.  

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Agent_11

One of the big aspects that caught My selling points was her physique. She has a similar look like Baroness with the long dark hair and the black outfit. She is thick, curvy and well endowed. In fact, her boobs are really nice, shapely and round and they even have sculpted nipples! Oh and she has a nice booty as well Wink Now the intention was to make an adult collector action figure that isn't Anime or anything of that nature and that looks very American and they would still fit in with 1:18 collections Exclamation

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Agent_10
G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Agent_13
G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Agent_14

Her Stand: Her stand is rather nice and has two different pegs. I find that a bit unusual for this type of figure. Her feet pegs in there quite snugly however.

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Agent_15

Copyright!

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Agent_17

Agent Annika & Baroness: Here she is with her Cobra counterpart. She is a bit taller than Baroness. Since Annika is a fellow European also (and even more convincing IMO than Baroness), I pretend that she is an amazon bounce

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Agent_12

Super Size Comparison Group Shot:Ah hah, here they are compared to some others figures that I have in My collection and yet to showcase but in time I will..just think of it as a preview of what's to come Smile  So we have here Baroness & Agent Annika along with the previously seen Scarlet plus Hasbro's Darth Tyranus from Star Wars, Kaiyodo's Hitomi from DOA, Takara's Chun-Li from Street Fighter and ToyBiz' Wolverine from Marvel!

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Agent_16

Unfortunately I was a imbecile as I only got Agent Annika back in the day as I didn't check their online store for a long time when they were expanding upon the series as I was collecting stuff that was super expansive such as Sideshow's Dinosauria and Comic Premium Format figures to name a few that really ran My budget out that I have now since sold on the bay. I still regret it because I didn't wake up about things till recently and if you have been noticing in My Recent Aquirements topic, I have been getting stuff that I missed out on when I much younger in the 90s and that I should have bought during those foolish times collecting things that was hundreds of dollars a piece Rolling Eyes

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Guro-p10
G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Guro-t10

Well, Spy Lounge/Spy Agents is still in stock. There are several variants that makes up a few different babes that has various looks that makes them different and attractive rather than having variants of the same characters over and over again. They would be an ideal female army builder for collectors of small figures that are 3.34". Their prices are a bit high but keep in mind, these are a very limited series and they're made exclusively by Guru*Toyz! While I have no intention at getting them at the moment, if I do get extr mollah, I sure will Exclamation  Here is their WEB STORE! Their store in still very old school much like an old Yahoo store from back in the day of the 2000s as I loved stores like these instead of ones that is higher tech looking of recent days and so forth.

Well, that is all, I hope you have enjoyed this special Baroness & Agent Annika showcase update Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 2:58 am

That's an interesting line of figures Brandon. I looked at the link you provided,
and yes they are a bit pricey.
I didn't know about this line of figures, I find it interesting that the entire line
is all female. But then Hasbro didn't make many women in the RAH line.

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 am

Thanks Daryl. Glad you saw the link. Actually there is probably many people that don't know about them, it's just then when they were new it was kinda cool thing then it isn't. Yep, they kinda are. Oh it is and that's what I really liked about it. I know, Hasbro really only had a handful.

Thanks Daryl Smile

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 4:11 pm

Cool figures and other neat stuff Brandon! cheers

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 11:16 am

Thanks a lot Inntruderr bounce

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 3:25 pm

Interesting and useful comparison between Hasbro fem-figs and the quasi-custom Spy Lounge series.

As always, the "backstory"about your own collecting days are interesting to read about. Yes, I suspect we can all look back at phases of our collecting careers and wonder, "what was I thinking?" It seems that ultimately, once the initial "rush" wears off, we get more enjoyment out of the inexpensive but "fun" figures than we do from the expensive "collector grade" figures.

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 5:07 am

Thanks SCU. Oh yeah, if you noticed, I do that it and compare a lot of stuff in most of My showcases, it's always been an imperative part of showing off figures and IMO you don't see enough of it especially now. I learned how crucial it was when I was a guest reviewer for Michael Crawford aka MWC back in the day as he felt it was very important and still he does that as I speak (I have spoke about him in the past many times on the board, he doesn't get enough credit cause he helped Me out with a lot back then, maybe I'll post a special bout him in the future, we'll see)! So I carry on My style like that just with some upgrades here and there Wink

Well thanks. I hope to excite, entertain, remind and maybe even educate viewers with My showcases and reviews. Your one of the very few people that give Me feedback about it cause sometimes I wonder does anybody ready this? I am doing well? Am I doing what I think I'm doing? With little feedback it's hard to know but thanks SCU Smile

Oh yes, I know what you mean and people are still going through that as I speak with crowd-funding and stuff. I have been there and done that and regretted a lot, not everything but a lot.

Thanks SCU:)

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 1:14 pm

I became aware of Michael Crawford’s reviews relatively recently. He still posts reviews, and occasionally posts to the One Sixth Figures forum. I actually ended up purchasing a figure last year (still unopened) based on one of his reviews.

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 1:43 pm

Oh that's cool Smile

I know he posts recently. He is a HUGE 1/6 collector. He is the one that influenced Me of collecting 12" figures like the Universal Monsters & Reservoir Dogs way back over 20 years ago Shocked I just loved his reviews & pics especially of his Universal Monsters!

Oh not to mention he helped get Me some great MOTU SDCC exclusives!

Nah, forget OSW, their too harsh and expect to much, I quickly left them over a decade ago. They didn't appreciate a dang thing I did Mad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!   G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G.I. Joe Baroness & Guru*Toyz Agent Annika!!
Page 1 of 1