ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...

Go down 
+3
Chip
FIELD STATION 42
inntruderr61
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Empty
PostSubject: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 5:29 pm

Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... 100_5912

Last edited by inntruderr61 on Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:31 pm; edited 5 times in total

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 7:07 pm

Classic awesomeness!

GI JOE!
GI JOE!
FIGHTING MAN FROM HEAD TO TOE!
ON THE LAND!
ON THE SEA!
IN THE AIR!

These guys take me back! Nice collection!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:21 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Classic awesomeness!

GI JOE!
GI JOE!
FIGHTING MAN FROM HEAD TO TOE!
ON THE LAND!
ON THE SEA!
IN THE AIR!

These guys take me back! Nice collection!

Thank you Dave! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:43 pm

Certainly great to see how it all started. Wonderful collection Jim.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:48 pm

Oh, how I wished I could have had as many guys as those kids in the TV advertisements had! For most of my childhood I had to be content with one - my painted hair action pilot. When my brother, three years younger than I was, got old enough for Joes, he got two Adventure Team figs "with life-like hair and beard." Then another brother got old enough, and got a couple of guys, so we ultimately had five or six (there was a very cool Marx Chief Cherokee in there) guys who had some epic adventures.

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:52 pm

Yeah, back when boys were allowed to have war toys, play with toy guns and carry out imaginary battles with casualties. A completely different world.....
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:57 pm

They look in lovely condition complete with tags too . Shame the vintage boys seem to be all but forgotten on the forums .

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:57 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Yeah, back when boys were allowed to have war toys, play with toy guns and carry out imaginary battles with casualties. A completely different world.....

We had so many cool toy guns! Including cap guns that went "pop" releasing what would today be considered "toxic" smoke, not to mention the ever-present danger of pinched fingers and powder burns!

Although usually the powder burns came about from trying to "pop" the caps by flicking them with a fingernail rather than from the pistol. You guys remember doing that, right?

I remember some of the older boys in the neighborhood shooting up their GI Joe figs with pellet guns when they felt they had outgrown them. That always made me feel sad.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 1:06 am

LeStryge wrote:
Certainly great to see how it all started. Wonderful collection Jim.

Thanks LeStryge! Very Happy

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 1:07 am

Chip wrote:
They look in lovely condition complete with tags too . Shame the vintage boys seem to be all but forgotten on the forums .

Thank you Chip... Very Happy But you are right.... Sad

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 1:11 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Oh, how I wished I could have had as many guys as those kids in the TV advertisements had! For most of my childhood I had to be content with one - my painted hair action pilot. When my brother, three years younger than I was, got old enough for Joes, he got two Adventure Team figs "with life-like hair and beard." Then another brother got old enough, and got a couple of guys, so we ultimately had five or six (there was a very cool Marx Chief Cherokee in there) guys who had some epic adventures.

YES there were lots of Gijoes and equipment I wanted but never got as a child... Like space capsule
and astronaut Joe etc etc...but got one now...lol

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 1:13 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:

We had so many cool toy guns! Including cap guns that went "pop" releasing what would today be considered "toxic" smoke, not to mention the ever-present danger of pinched fingers and powder burns!

Although usually the powder burns came about from trying to "pop" the caps by flicking them with a fingernail rather than from the pistol. You guys remember doing that, right?

I remember some of the older boys in the neighborhood shooting up their GI Joe figs with pellet guns when they felt they had outgrown them. That always made me feel sad.

Yes I remember all the cool cap guns I had as a child... Very Happy Also remember having black powder burns on
my fingernails from caps... Smile

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 4:18 am

Chip wrote:
Shame the vintage boys seem to be all but forgotten on the forums .
I think it's because they are now seriously old, have suffered damage due to play, degrading materials and the passage of time and thus are no longer completely "original", plus the fact that even if you decided to start a collection now the prices for original stuff (if you can find it!) are prohibitive.
Add to that the sad but true fact that the kids who enjoyed playing with them are now a generation of thinning ranks, ....and I don't mean just the hair.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 4:57 am

Very nice Jim! I only have soldiers and marines, they are still works in progress.

I remember the old cap guns. But my mother didn't like the noise, so I rarely got
any caps for them. I just remember that half of them didn't fire. But the ones that
did, I still remember the smell of the gunpowder. When holidays come that people
are allowed to shoot fireworks here, the smell of the gunpowder reminds me of
those days. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 7:33 am

Fantastic Jim, truly fine examples bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 4:20 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Very nice Jim! I only have soldiers and marines, they are still works in progress.

I remember the old cap guns. But my mother didn't like the noise, so I rarely got
any caps for them. I just remember that half of them didn't fire. But the ones that
did, I still remember the smell of the gunpowder. When holidays come that people
are allowed to shoot fireworks here, the smell of the gunpowder reminds me of
those days.  Very Happy

I still have a capgun and its loaded with caps... YES some still work others
do not..lol... Anyhow I fire the gun once in awhile to remind me of yesteryears... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Oh that smell! Very Happy

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 4:20 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Fantastic Jim, truly fine examples bounce bounce bounce

Thanks Dal! Very Happy

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 4:22 pm

TNshooter, I shoot my childhood capgun once in awhile just to go back in time... lol!

Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... 100_5915
MORE GIJOE! cheers cheers cheers

Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... 100_5914
Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... 100_5913

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 4:32 pm

Great collection you have , it`s really nice to see them .

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 4:40 pm

Great figures Jim.

I don't know how many caps you have left, you might want to ration them.
I haven't seen those old paper caps in YEARS!

Very cool!

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 7:14 pm

Chip wrote:

Thanks Chip! Very Happy

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 2:42 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Great figures Jim.

I don't know how many caps you have left, you might want to ration them.
I haven't seen those old paper caps in YEARS!

Very cool!

I have like 3 boxes left....Yes I know what u mean TNshooter....

Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... 100_5917
Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... 100_5918

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 3:00 pm

I've never seen the "Doughboy" brand caps! Those perforated roll caps are the ones I remember!

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 3:21 pm

Chip wrote:

Brilliant stuff ..as folks have said a great collection... I have 40th anniversary Action Man editions of basic Soldier /Sailor and pilot on the way. Cool Cool

My first VAM was a 1966 Soldier- boy was I made up with that guy !

I also recall the 'whiff of cap cordite in the morning" ... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 10:10 pm

I had a "bomb" where the nose unscrewed and could take several caps. Shaped like a WWII finned bomb it was weighted at the front and you threw it up in the air and the caps went off as it hit the concrete. You had to fold a strip of caps up to fit in it, so packets of caps never lasted very long. Of course we always over-loaded it......ever bigger bangs and smoke!
Great vintage stuff Jim. I am very envious of your collection, and it seems in such great condition too.
Have you had these since childhood?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...   Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic Gijoe Fighting men! Added...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next