ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

square press studs ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

square press studs ?  Empty
PostSubject: square press studs ?    square press studs ?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2022 4:01 pm

I was looking for some square press studs to replace some corroded ones on vintage Action Man clothes , it appears you can only buy round ones now ? Anyone managed to source the more authentic square ones ?

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: square press studs ?    square press studs ?  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 7:46 am

They seem to be very tough to find now Chip.
Palitoy seem to have mixed their usage of round and square studs. I have a few old German tunics with round on some and square on some of what appears to be thinner later issue stuff. Items like the VAM mountaineer breeches had really small square press studs too, which might have been specially manufactured?
I use black 7mm round studs for repairs where I can as they seem to blend in best.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: square press studs ?    square press studs ?  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 11:33 am

Thanks , yes I went and looked back at some vintage garments , and your right there is a mix of round and square . I try and keep repairs like this as near original as I can . So I have ordered some silver round ones for now . The earlier stuff as you suggest seems to have round studs , the later stuff has square . I am guessing the period this changed was somewhere around the time , the Gripping hands figures were released . Seems we are for ever learning .....

PostSubject: Re: square press studs ?    square press studs ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

square press studs ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Help and Advice :: Repair, Hints & Tips & Useful Links-
Jump to: