ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flocking service ?

Go down 
+3
Gunner Munro
Dreadnought
Chip
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Flocking service ?  Empty
PostSubject: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 1:56 pm

Hello All ,
I know a couple of members do or did re-flocking on here , Sparklebudgie , I believe only does stuff for himself now , and Dreadnaught I believe toys with it . So can anyone recommend some re-flockers ? I seen a couple on eBay offering there services . I would be happy to use Sparklebudgie or Dreadnaught if they are up to it and offer me some prices .

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 11:49 pm

Leave it with me Chip. I'd need to get some restock on flock fibres from somewhere.
Depends largely on what colours you want. If you give me a heads up on that, I can start looking around for you.

Mind now, I'm no professional, you've seen some of my efforts.
They are best described as competent I'd hope, but there are others far better than I.
I have ever only done for myself but would be very happy to help you out my friend.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 11:53 pm

Kev , can you give me some pics of your re flocks , as I recall they were pretty sharp . I think I would be mainly after standard brown hair , maybe an odd moustache and beard .

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 12:19 am

Here's a few samples Chip.

Flocking service ?  20180215-155605

Flocking service ?  20200514-171000

Flocking service ?  20200514-171016

Flocking service ?  Flock-2

Flocking service ?  Flock-3

Flocking service ?  20180223-200107

Flocking service ?  20180721-182237

Flocking service ?  20200516-125607

Flocking service ?  20200517-154239

As said, I'm by no means a pro. If you want me to have a go for you, best thing to do is pm with a couple of pics of what you want flocked. We can sort something out.

Kev.

BAMComix and Sparklebudgie like this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 12:30 am

o.k , probably be next weekend now , I am back to work Sunday and already have plans for tomorrow . I found this place whilst looking for Flockers . Very Happy

https://www.flocking.biz/index.html

Hope that helps on you re stocking the flocking Very Happy . I had not thought of re flocking non V.A.M figures , but has opened up other opportunities perhaps .

Dreadnought likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 8:06 am

Those flocks do look Uber sharp Kev Cool Cool cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 9:59 am

Thanks Steve, much appreciated my friend. You'll probably remember I only started myself as I had so many beat up old VAM.
I wouldn't be nearly as good as Brian - SparkleBudgie or Action Burt who was a master at it over on AMHQ.
Chip, get back on to me whenever suits you. We can sort out what you need.
Best
Kev.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 10:36 am

Dreadnought I was wondering can you flock the wild man look?

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 5:34 pm

Those guys look fantastic! Or... flocktastic?

No, wait... that was the name of the most fantastic flocker, since retired, right?

Looks like a fascinating process. I suppose the trick nowadays is finding enough heads to practice on.

What is involved in stripping off the old hair?

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 11:06 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
I suppose the trick nowadays is finding enough heads to practice on.
The "trick" nowadays as Kev mentions is NOT to breathe any of those tiny fibres into your lungs!
Those things can be as deadly as asbestos.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 1:04 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
I suppose the trick nowadays is finding enough heads to practice on.
The "trick" nowadays as Kev mentions is NOT to breathe any of those tiny fibres into your lungs!
Those things can be as deadly as asbestos.

They're lethal Barry. Flock worker's lung is an occupational hazard of not using proper PPE. A top quality mask and goggles is an absolute must when doing this. I always wait for a calm day and do it in an shed in a makeshift flocking box.
There are no fumes off flock fibres but a calm day and controlled environment is crucial.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 8:01 pm

I got mine done by vaman ..I think they were well done..

Flocking service ?  3-DDDD895-C67-A-4-C11-ABD0-6-F64-F3-A06-F52

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 9:34 am

They are very nicely done indeed Dean.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 12:52 pm

Can you do Moustaches and the like Kev ?

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 7:52 pm

Chip wrote:
Can you do Moustaches and the like Kev ?

Hi Chip. I don't think a moustache or two should be beyond me. It has to be done into any beard anyhow and I've done those.
It's a matter of getting the glue in the right shape around the mouth for the desired style as you can see from Dean's pics done by vaman.

I use a 30 minute epoxy which also buys me time if I should screw up a particular feature.
It can be cleaned off quickly and redone with a little time to spare The glue is the secret to the look.
Apply it properly on the head and the flock will only stick where it is.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 1:34 pm

Cool ! , I will try and get some photos of the heads I have over the weekend . and we can go from there .

Sparklebudgie likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 7:37 pm

Chip wrote:
Hello All ,
                  I know a couple of members do or did re-flocking on here , Sparklebudgie , I believe only does stuff for himself now , and Dreadnaught I believe toys with it . So can anyone recommend some re-flockers ? I seen a couple on eBay offering there services . I would be happy to use Sparklebudgie or Dreadnaught if they are up to it and offer me some prices .
Too much going on at the moment, I’ve all the kit and flock supplies.
I’ll be back one day, just not yet Mad

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 12:16 am

Well let us know when your up to do some more Brian , I am sure you will get some requests . You done a few of mine in the past that I was very happy with . Wink

In the meantime , Kev , here are my dudes who require new Barnet`s Very Happy I have a strong suspicion that 2 , 3 and 4 are from my childhood , but can not be 100 %  sure sadly . I thought it would be nice to picture them now , and how they end up looking . I would like Qui Con Jinn` s beard flocked in as close a colour to his hair as possible , I am guessing that will be blonde but perhaps a mix of grey and blonde may work . I wonder what colours and lengths of Flock you may get in Kev ? I would consider grey and black maybe , and perhaps as mentioned the odd moustache . I need to try and get the dreaded felt pen off number 4 ideally , if I fail he will end up face camouflaged up , and be used for something appropriate . 2 and 3 probably should go back to their original bearded status . Here is how the poor chaps look at present .

Flocking service ?  Flock-Me-P1150419

I am sure to some it doesn't look worth the effort to many . But is possible to quick fix the patches on these two ?

Flocking service ?  Patches-P1150421

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 1:34 pm

Sparklebudgie wrote:
Chip wrote:
Hello All ,
Too much going on at the moment, I’ve all the kit and flock supplies.
I’ll be back one day, just not yet Mad

Good to hear from you Brian. Hope you get back on soon.

Kev.

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 1:42 pm

Chip, they shouldn't be any real problem. Give me a few days to get some flock ordered - I usually take it from RestoreDoll.com in the U.S as it's preblended for us amateurs. It's a standard 2mm flock for G.I. JOE / Action Man. Have a look on that site at the G.I. Joe section if there are any particular colours you want me to use - p.m. me if there are.  

Liam Neeson should be OK with a 2mm blonde flock which can be blended a little to try and match. I would just wonder how that will look with the painted hair? You might want to think about that one as I normally wouldn't mix both looks - you can imagine it on one of the vintage heads.
The two patch jobs would depend. I would usually strip something like the EE and re flock as from the pic, the flock looks worn and thin all over ? The bearded one is not in a noticeable place so doable, you feel the slight ridge where the new glue line blends into the old flock but visually it should look neat.

I'll get back to you once I get an order delivered - prices for P&P are through the bloody roof everywhere, so it might be a week or so.  

Bear in mind too Chip, you will have to ship the heads - how many you want to me in the Republic of Ireland . That could cost you a bit given Brexit and all the other shenanigans going on around protocols and trade wars with the EU.

Kev.

Last edited by Dreadnought on Sat May 21, 2022 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 1:55 pm

Dreadnought do you flock the wild man look ?

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 2:07 pm

Prof. Gangrene Fan wrote:
Dreadnought do you flock the wild man look ?

Alex, in that situation I'd get you to buy the flock and ship it with your head as it would require something longer - 4 or 5 mm. Anything longer than that and you may need a pro.
I wouldn't have done one before but it's the same process. You'd have to get a reference photo of some sort for me to gauge what you would want

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 12:43 pm

" Liam Neeson should be OK with a 2mm blonde flock which can be blended a little to try and match. I would just wonder how that will look with the painted hair? You might want to think about that one as I normally wouldn't mix both looks - you can imagine it on one of the vintage heads. "

Kev , I am confused , he only has the beard painted , hence I thought Flocking it would improve his look ?

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 2:43 pm

Chip wrote:
 " Liam Neeson should be OK with a 2mm blonde flock which can be blended a little to try and match. I would just wonder how that will look with the painted hair? You might want to think about that one as I normally wouldn't mix both looks - you can imagine it on one of the vintage heads. "

Kev , I am confused , he only has the beard painted , hence I thought Flocking it would improve his look ?

Sorry Chip! I didn't realize that was full Katsilk on the head. I looked at it once on the mobile and the brain just assumed it might have been painted with strands on the end. Of course it's tied back tight. Silly me Embarassed Embarassed

Eminently doable so my friend. Smile

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2022 11:22 am

I guessed you hadn`t noticed his hair was real , thanks Kev .

PostSubject: Re: Flocking service ?    Flocking service ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flocking service ?
Page 1 of 1