ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter

Go down 
+2
Chip
TNshooter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Empty
PostSubject: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 11:28 am

Around 2003, Hasbro did a reproduction of the Australian Jungle Fighter in their Timeless Collection.
As far as I know, this was the only reproduction they did of the 1967 Action Soldiers of the World. It
seems these figures were based on uniforms from WWII.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Ajf110

This figure includes a repro of the "foreign" head sculpt. From what I have been able to ascertain,
this head sculpt at the time, Hasbro considered to have more European features. With the exception
of the Japanese Imperial Soldier, all of the Action Soldiers of the World had this head sculpt, including
this figure and the French Resistance Fighter, the Russian Infantryman, the British Commando and the
German Storm Trooper. Different hair colors of course.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Ajf210

The set is a good reproduction of the original, having all of the same accessories.
A machete with sheath that is on his belt.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Ajf310

A shovel (according to the box) and some grenades. This figure I got loose, there were seven grenades
with him. and of course a medal which all of the figures came with, depending on country. One difference
is this figure came with a camo flame thrower, the original was plain green.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Ajf410

It also has a repro booklet. The covers are nice, but the inside pages are a bit mixed. An illustration of one figure
is next to a description of another. Here I scanned the cover and pages showing all of the original sets.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Ajf510

A close up of the repro medal. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be "punched" into the fabric
(I didn't have any of these as a child), but I found it stays when slid up underneath the pocket.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Ajf610

The first copy I got of this figure was loose, but later found a boxed copy for nearly the
same price.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Ajf710

The inner sleeve of the box removed to better show the contents.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Ajf810

After getting the boxed copy, I realized the loose version I had was missing one piece.
A knuckle knife.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Ajf910

I hope you like him. Considering I have two, I'm wondering about getting a second weapon
for one of them. Maybe someone can tell me which rifle?

BAMComix, Sparklebudgie, action-johnny and Riverside Rhodes like this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 12:51 pm

Nice figure again Daryl , the English version had brown boots , and I think the flame thrower was a cammo version . We also got a 2nd issue Australian Jungle fighter . He came in a lime green uniform , with full length trousers , he also came armed with a Sterling Machine gun , and an ammo / bullet belt , there was certainly some nice accessories with these figures , seeing your photos has made me look at them differently some how . Must be nice having a loose one to play with and a boxed version to admire  . Did the original have those brass buttons ? As our version had proper plastic buttons .

Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 1:20 pm

I saw one of these gi joe ones
for sale recently  somewhere on one of the forums …
But can’t remember where….?

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 1:54 pm

I’m really liking the look of your Australian Jungle Fighter outfit. I’m also liking the look of his head sculpt. He’s very well photographed too.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 2:47 pm

Very nice documentary type photos of this figure clearly illustrating the accessories and details! Very professional. Photos and information like this set forums well above other online venues for value to collectors and fans. Thanks for a great post about an interesting re-release!

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sun May 22, 2022 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 11:37 pm

It is a very broad headsculpt across the bottom of the face isn't it?
Wouldn't mind one of these figures myself!
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 12:48 am

Really great figure Daryl. cheers cheers

I actually have the uniform from the set which I bought loose some years ago. It's very good quality, mine's on a 50th  anniversary figure in these pics. I added bits to it over the years.
Like Chip says, the second issue had a Sterling. Not sure I'd pair that with this uniform ? I'd probably give him a Garand or something similar.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter 20170418_171427

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter 20170418_171520

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter 20170418-171448

I'd love a 'sour faced' Joe like yours - vintage or repro. Great informative post too as Dave has said.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 6:16 am

There area couple of these for sale on eBay at the moment..
Here’s one of them..

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter 42819-F50-BF69-4535-A095-17-EFC63681-A5

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 6:54 am

Chip wrote:
Nice figure again Daryl , the English version had brown boots , and I think the flame thrower was a cammo version . We also got a 2nd issue Australian Jungle fighter . He came in a lime green uniform , with full length trousers , he also came armed with a Sterling Machine gun , and an ammo / bullet belt , there was certainly some nice accessories with these figures , seeing your photos has made me look at them differently some how . Must be nice having a loose one to play with and a boxed version to admire  . Did the original have those brass buttons ? As our version had proper plastic buttons .

Thanks Chip. Looking for photos of the originals, the original figure had the regular plastic buttons and dark brown boots. Joe had another figure, packaging says jungle fighter
but I've always known it as the Marine Jungle Fighter. He had the green uniform with long trousers. A patch over the left breast pocket said USMC. His belt included a canteen
with cover and a .45 with holster besides the machete and sheath. He had a camo flame thrower along with a M-16 rifle.

I found photos of packaged Australian figures, it seems they came with either plain green or camo flame thrower tanks. Photos I've seen of the marine seem to all show the
camo tanks. The Marine figure is very rare, and I've heard the uniform is very bad for fading. I've heard finding shirts and trousers separately it's extremely hard to find ones
that match in color. It seems even reproductions of the uniform are pretty rare. Either way, they bring lots of money.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 7:24 am

Thank you Alexander.

Thank you Dave.

Thank you LeStryge.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 7:43 am

Great looking figure Kev.

I didn't know that Action Man had a "sour face." Or that it was called that.

You mentioned you might like one, even a repro? I have some German soldiers I've been working on off and on
for a time. Some years back I was able to pick up several Dragon uniforms that I've been putting on Cotswold/Elite
Brigade figures. They have what is called the "Vince" head that is their reproduction of the original Hasbro. The
Hasbro figures are very hard to find and very expensive.

But, if you're interested, here is the Cotswold/Elite Brigade head. I didn't realize it would photograph so shiny.

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Vince10

Dreadnought likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2022 9:57 am

Great stuff Daryl . I have seen the Vince head sculpt on WolfPack HQ which is a European stockist of Cotswold I think. It looks very vintage in your shot there. I will pick one up and try and recreate the Timeless version.
The facial expression is stern, it led to the original sculpt being referred to as the 'sour faced Joe' by some collectors I read somewhere.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter   Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Timeless Collection: Australian Jungle Fighter
Page 1 of 1