ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Congratulations your Majesty.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Congratulations your Majesty. Empty
PostSubject: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 8:57 pm

Being the Commander-in-chief of the British Armed Forces makes Queen Elizabeth II Joe and the gang's boss, so they thought they'd toast the occasion of her platinum jubilee!

Congratulations your Majesty. Jubilee

'God save the Queen!'

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix and Dreadnought like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 10:57 pm

Great idea! What a reign by Her Majesty the Queen! Longest EVER anywhere!
Only Charlemagne has sat on the throne longer.....400 years!
Trouble is, ....he was dead for most of the time!
Congratulations your Majesty. XTgBZk
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 7:11 am

Excellent Steve! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 2:50 pm

Good lot of lads, there, loyal to a Queen who is deserving of that loyalty!

Cheers to another 70 years!

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 11:30 pm

Wonder if they'll still be so loyal when we are stuck with Charles the Idiot? No
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 12:02 am

I was watching a replay of the Trooping of the Colour, earlier. I always love watching it as I consider it the most precise and demanding form of military pageantry anywhere. Sure, those July 14 parades down the Champ's Elysée or those march pasts in Red Square or Tien An Men Square involve more troops, plus tanks and all that, but for the sheer precision and traditional pageantry, nothing IMO matches what the Queen's household troops can do at Horse Guards. For me, of course, coming up in the Artillery as I have, the best moment is when the King's Troop, RHA, who own the right of the line, trot past to The Keel Row.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 5:21 am

THE peak for me was a while back when some student fired shots during the Trooping of the Colour.
Her Majesty, rather than diving for cover (she was not to know that the shots were blanks) immediately just calmed her mount and then continued on with the parade.
Talk about coolness under pressure!
The Queen is a true legend!
The incident is available on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 5:12 pm

I remember that incident...it was back in the 80's. The Queen was considered an excellent rider...and don't forget that she rode side saddle to boot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 12:05 am

Yes she was an excellent horse-woman, but her coolness under that situation? I'm not sure just how many soldiers would be able to resist ducking for cover when the shots were heard so close.
And as the reigning Monarch, the Queen would undoubtedly be aware that she was a prime target for an assassination.
No surrounding pack of security like we see with Presidents etc. now either.
And I'm betting no kevlar vest back then.

Never let the ceremony be interrupted.  queen  queen  queen  cheers
The Queen was, is and will always be a LEGEND!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 12:27 am

LeStryge wrote:
Yes she was an excellent horse-woman, but her coolness under that situation? I'm not sure just how many soldiers would be able to resist ducking for cover when the shots were heard so close.
And as the reigning Monarch, the Queen would undoubtedly be aware that she was a prime target for an assassination.
No surrounding pack of security like we see with Presidents etc. now either.
And I'm betting no kevlar vest back then.

Never let the ceremony be interrupted.  queen  queen  queen  cheers
The Queen was, is and will always be a LEGEND!

I doubt she'd be easy to scare, frankly. Don't forget that during WWII, bombs fell on Buckingham Palace while she was in it. Don't forget what her mother told Churchill when he suggested the royal princesses be evacuated to safety.

"The children will not leave without me. I will not leave without the king, and the king will never leave." That is the stuff these people were made of.

And don't forget that her first PM was Winston Churchill. If you can deal with having lunch with Winston Churchill once a week, not much will scare you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2022 5:54 am

After Buckingham Palace was bombed, Her Mother said "I'm glad we've been bombed. It makes me feel I can look the East End in the face."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations your Majesty.   Congratulations your Majesty. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Congratulations your Majesty.
Page 1 of 1