ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jeep Salvage

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
somekindajoe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 9:34 pm

The lads will have a bit of work...

Jeep Salvage IMG-20220718-100805-377

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 9:56 pm

Jeep Salvage Roscpk
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 10:24 pm

Now that's a fixer-upper for sure! . . and of course the rad will leak! lol!

Is that a MARX Jeep?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 11:15 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Now that's a fixer-upper for sure! . . and of course the rad will leak! lol!

Is that a MARX Jeep?
You're correct ! Just re-checked and its marked Marx on the bottom and the tyre sidewalls.. Looks like it's based on a Willys M38 A1 ?
ps I've suggested the boys get a bottle or two of K Seal for the rad Wink
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 2:16 am

Get with the times, lads! Install an electric motor! Then you won't need a radiator! Razz

Looks like a fun project!

Admin
BAMComix

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 7:07 am

Be cool if you can track down the pieces to fix up the jeep!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 10:55 am

Electric ? The chaps may struggle to find a charging point in the bush !
I'm thinking I'll probably scratch build the parts as more viable ( and fun) using my favourite tech "Cardboard Assisted Design" Smile
The front grille panel would be easy enough to fab from a sheet of thick ish plastic card, the bonnet I'll have a go at bending a bit of thin sheet metal perhaps...
Back to top Go down

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2022 11:38 pm

Really enjoying seeing your ideas on restoration of the heap.
I myself have a MAM jeep, and it's in reasonably good condition too, however, as you will soon learn, lots of blokes here have those super-detailed, highly realistic jeeps with all the bells and whistles that they just love showing off!
lol!

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 12:21 am

Porky wrote:
... using my favourite tech "Cardboard Assisted Design" ....

Razz Good one! I'll have to remember that!

A topic worth referencing for your build might be K-Troop's playline Tonka conversion:

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t11225p25-pre-rusted-tonka-off-roader-mad-maxian-conversion-project

Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2022 8:28 am

Thanks for the encouragement gents 👍
I've seen some of the ultra posh realistic jeeps, they're luvly but our unit doesn't have much of a budget as we're just regular "grunts" and have to make do and mend with re-issued kit and what we can "liberate" Wink
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 1:47 am

Porky wrote:
Jeep Salvage Roscpk

I'm certain if they crack an egg into the radiator it will seal up any holes enough to get from A to B. Smile
Back to top Go down

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 2:44 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
I'm certain if they crack an egg into the radiator it will seal up any holes enough to get from A to B. Smile
....and a banana in the gear box....? lol!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 8:36 am

LeStryge wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:
....and a banana in the gear box....? lol!

As long as the crafty Japs don't stuff a potato up the exhaust... Smile
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 12:45 pm

As there's a bit of work to do I knocked up a few spanners to be getting on with, ( I'll have to sort out a hammer or two, most essential tool Wink )
Ginger casts an experienced eye over the embryonic tool kit....

Jeep Salvage DSCF2845

Jeep Salvage DSCF2847
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 5:30 pm

You made those tools? Out of what material? They look like metal!

Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 5:47 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
You made those tools? Out of what material? They look like metal!
Yes they're metal, I made them out of bits of scrap off the floor at work ( on the sly when I was supposed to be doing "real" metalwork Wink )
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 7:00 pm

Oh wow you made the spanners out of bits of scrap metal off the floor from work. That’s metal-tastic. Even better your going to try and make a hammer or two. I agree a hammer sure is one of the most essential tools Wink )
I’m going to guess that he’s called Ginger because he’s got ginger hair lol. I think all vam’s are really good at casting a experienced eye over a tool kit and a vehicle Wink.

Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 7:30 pm

Spot on, he had to be called Ginger didn't he !
Certainly the hammer is a fine instrument, and essential kit Wink a couple of screwdrivers will be handy too, I'll probably extend the range of spanners a bit, oh and a wheel brace !
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 7:39 pm

As regards "the wreck" I've had a quick go at a simple, very rough,  paper template for the bonnet, paper rather than card as its nicely bendable, it's just to get a shape to cut a piece of tin sheet for the actual bonnet. It's deliberately a bit over size to be on the safe side, I'll have to do much filing and fitting on the real thing obviously.  The front panel's easy as its a flat piece, I'll use plastic card for that i expect.

Jeep Salvage IMG-20220722-193155-927
Back to top Go down

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 3:12 am

Porky wrote:
Certainly the hammer is a fine instrument, and essential kit...
It is well known that a hammer is referred to as a "Birmingham Screwdriver" ...or perhaps an "American Screwdriver"..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 9:23 am

LeStryge wrote:
Porky wrote:
Certainly the hammer is a fine instrument, and essential kit...
It is well known that a hammer is referred to as a "Birmingham Screwdriver" ...or perhaps an "American Screwdriver"..... lol!
Also " Irish Screwdriver " Smile
Back to top Go down

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 2:59 am

As you show elsewhere as well, it is a great advantage to be skilled as you are in metal work!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2022 8:36 am

Generous praise indeed Mr L'S 👍
I've always enjoyed metal bashing, even from when I was a kid, we had a brilliant ex Royal Navy engineering officer as a teacher, from whom we learned stuff like lathe work and oxy acetylene welding etc, all good fun for a 14 year old Smile
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 7:46 pm

Looking back at the pic of poor old Ginger fumbling about with the spanners has persuaded me to treat him to a nice pair of 40th grippy paws, it's the least I could do if he's expected to do a bit of mechanic-ing Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jeep Salvage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeep Salvage   Jeep Salvage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeep Salvage
Page 1 of 1