ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Operation: RECALL (please read and spread the word)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Operation: RECALL (please read and spread the word) Empty
PostSubject: Operation: RECALL (please read and spread the word)   Operation: RECALL (please read and spread the word) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2022 2:39 am

Yea, I know, I've been out for a while. Things have been busy. I was hesitant to even post this here, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3djoes/operation-recall-legendary-creators-back-on-active-duty/description

Several members of the old GI Joe Brand Development team has gotten back together again with the intent of making more O-Ring styled action figures, just like GI Joe from 82-94.

But this time the figures are all based on fan-submitted concepts.

The initial funding goal is already met, now it's just a matter of funding additional figures. There's potential for 18 All New action figures!

If you can't support this financially, please SPREAD THE WORD!

The more people that know, the more likely we all are to meet the top, final goal of 480,000 USD.

(At the time of this posting, the funding is slightly under half that, sitting in the midway point of the campaign)

SO GET THE WORD OUT!

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Operation: RECALL (please read and spread the word) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation: RECALL (please read and spread the word)   Operation: RECALL (please read and spread the word) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2023 7:17 pm

This has been brought up a few times in the chat. So let me throw in a few more details.

These are getting produced, no doubt. They are getting made in nearly the exact same way they did back in the 80's, with a few technological advancements (new swiveling wrists, etc.).

Summary of the process (check for links for more info!):

Ron Rudat and Mark Penington - Ideation and Figure Design. These guys sketch out a bunch of concepts, and refine them after review and notes from...

Kirk Bozigian - Brand Management. He reviews the ideation by Ron and Mark, and approves or denies certain features and details. After a few rounds of back and forth, the completed line art and engineering drawings go to...

Bill Merklein - Sculptor. He sculpted over 70 GI Joe characters back in the day, on double sized sculpting bucks (2Up Scale). From the 2Up scale, they will be scaled down by means of a Pantograph, which I had to look up. I provided a link so you don't have to.

After Bill sculpts the figures, copies are made. 2 of which go on to get painted, one as a paint master for the factory, one for promotional photos and such. For this project a fellow named Matthew LeCroy is doing that.

On the packaging side of things, the final line art and color studies go from Kirk to Doug Hart. He paints the artwork that goes on the blister pack, adjacent the figure.

Larry Hama writes the file cards/dossiers for all the characters.

And Ed Morrill art directs his son Shawn in the packaging layout and overall design.

Deviating slightly from the old ways, most accessories will be modeled in 3D, and printed before going off to be molded. Adam Freeman is responsible for this side of the project.

An example of this whole process with a lot more details can be found HERE, Carson (the guy behind 3DJoes, which is not to be confused with Vintage3DJoes) used his concept "Retelo" (which he created when he was 10) to break the ice with the old crew during some interviews. They took his concept through every step of the process, and agreed to do it for as many figures as the fan base is willing to buy/fund.

How do I know so much about this project? They selected one of my concepts, and I've been really invested ever since.

More Details can be found at the brand's website: https://www.operationrecall.com/#/

And you can preorder figures (or the book or documentary about the process here: https://operationrecall.backerkit.com/survey_stores

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films

Operation: RECALL (please read and spread the word)
Page 1 of 1