ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to make a great looking figure even better

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

How to make a great looking figure even better Empty
PostSubject: How to make a great looking figure even better   How to make a great looking figure even better Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Paul. I hope you don't mind, I've used your figure as a general example. In my humble opinion he is stunning and has got everything. But just to make him that little bit better, a few tips that you all might like to try.
the figure is articulated and meant to pose, and this figure is 95% there. It's just his right hand that worries me. It would look so much better holding the rifle sling or even straight down by his side. None of us stand like this.
Next, if you get clothing that doesn't need cleaning, then you're very lucky, as in Paul's example here. But just wet thumb and forefinger, dampen the collar by squeezing it together and get it to sit properly.
It's individual choice how to you display the scarf on the Jungle Explorer, but as it's a unique scarf to this set, put it on as a neckerchief and have the ties showing so that you can see you have the correct scarf, and not a helicopter pilot one.
Next always line the belt buckle up with the line of buttons. It makes so much difference.
Last, but probably most important, invest in a really sharp pair of nail scissors and trim all those loose cotton threads, around the pockets, hems, sleeves etc. Also rifle slings - trim them up - get rid of all that fluff.
It's really good to see this figure holding his hat to show off his mint head. Just angle his head to left or right slightly so he's not full on, it will give him a much more believable stance.
These are just some of the tips that I'll be listing in the book, that hopefully will help you display your figures just that little bit better.
As i said this isn't a dig at anyone and I've used this picture as an example.

How to make a great looking figure even better IMG_4800

Last edited by Blondeactionman on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

How to make a great looking figure even better Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to make a great looking figure even better   How to make a great looking figure even better Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Top tips! I'm not too proud too say I've learned a couple of new things, and been reminded of a good few others!

Thank you! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

How to make a great looking figure even better
Page 1 of 1