ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought

Go down 
+3
BAMComix
Professor Gangrene Fan
Chip
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Empty
PostSubject: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2022 11:57 pm

Hi all ,
            I have had these heads rolling around in my collection for years now , they have even survived be in sold at A.M days , both on and off bodies . So I thought it time to get them refurbed , put a post out on here about Re Flockers , and Kev ( Dreadnought ) replied and took the job on . He is top class , the photos here will show you that , and he has posted threads of his own work . Well lets continue ....

Here is my box of bodies , in need of heads and other fixer uppers .....

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150590

Here are two different types of neck posts , I read some place that the shorter necks were from later issue figures , it makes sense , and that any Hybrid figure should have this neck post . i.e. an Eagle Eye head on the old style body .

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150603

So here are the bulk of the heads I had done , I am very pleased with them . I had a few Eagle Eye Bearded heads done , I don`t think they are particularly common , especially the Blonde ones . I also Had a Grey Bearded  , Ginger , Black and some variations on Brown hair colours . I am quite confident that at least two of these were my originals . There is quite a size difference in some of the heads too , interesting , likely to do with year of release , as old painted heads were used for flocking in the first releases I believe .

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150593

This is Paul , he was given to me by my friend who very sadly died from Corvid Christmas before last . He was wearing the remains of a British Infantry set , so I hope to restore him to that . Looks like he liked a puff as there is a pin hole just visible in his lips . Very Happy

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150599

Here comes Qui Con Jinn , I had the idea of getting his beard flocked , I am really impressed ! It`s given him a whole new more realistic look .

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150605

This a Painted Head figure that I managed to get the dreaded felt pen removed from , he also looks superb now .

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150601

BAMComix, Dreadnought and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 12:22 am

Flock-tastic flocks Chip. Very much looking forward to seeing them flocked heads put on actual bodies and then clothes put on them.

Dreadnought likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 7:02 am

They al look superb Chip! Kev did an amazing job of restoring the boys! Really looking forward too seeing them back to active duty! bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 8:13 am

By golly. Some excellent flocking they old chap!! cheers cheers
You have half a platoon to get back in action Shocked Shocked
Look forward to seeing them returned to active duty Cool Cool

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 9:25 am

They look great Chip. Until I looked at the photo of all of the heads, I didn't realize that the
Eagle Eyes heads were slightly larger. I only have one Joe Eagle Eye head, and here they were
only put on the later muscle bodies, which are hard to find and then a bit expensive.

But Hasbro didn't run Joe as long as Palitoy's Action Man. The 1/6 scale Joe ended in 1976.

Great looking blokes that I'm interested in seeing on bodies and uniformed.

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 10:24 am

A very nice lot of re- flocks there, he's been a busy fella by the looks of it.. Interesting to see a ginger flock too

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 11:47 am

Hey Mark,

I hope you are happy with those. Yes Porky, It was busy week!

Not without a mishap either. As I explained to Mark, one of the EEs lost his eye decals in the stripping process.

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  20220729_213023

First time it's happened, I've used this method a lot of times, was working to remove the extremely heavy over-glue flock line on this head.

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  20220729_213050

Had it upside down in alcohol with eyes out, but the vapors may have got them.

Rather than I give that to Mark, I replaced it with an exact match brown bearded which he had requested for this head.

That left me minus a head for my eagle eye sailor, so did some work on this head - eye repaint and full reflock including a beard which it, and most of Mark's indeed, didn't start with.

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  20220812-111444

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  20220812_111354

Puts the old boy back in action.

Qui Gonn Jinn turned out well Mark. I'd like to see this figure in its entirety. All the others too, be interesting to see what you set them up as.

Kev.

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 11:55 am

Brilliant work on repainting his eye and giving him a full reflock including a beard. Your eagle eye sailor looks ready to sale the seven seas.

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 1:35 pm

Thanks for all the interest , obviously the only credit I can take is owning them , all the hard work was down to Kev . I feel a bit guilty now taking his Sailors noggin , I thought it was a spare he had , sorry Kev . His turn around time was very quick , I kind of pressured him a little I think . Very Happy  I have a couple more Ginger haired figures but those have beards , I like the look of the Ginger flock too , A.M was never released with that colour in the U.K . It`s really good to be talking vintage again . I will attempt to keep you posted on their journeys . Kev asked me to get some opinions on the brown variation flock . On the right is the original look , and the left is one of Kev`s variations , I wasn`t sure at first but they are growing on me . What do you guys think ?

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150596

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 5:22 pm

The variegated colour one is good, it's kind of a more natural look.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2022 6:25 pm

Kev, you repainted those eyes? Great Job!!

And as far as the variant brown hair flock, I like it!

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 12:09 am

So to continue their journey ...

Here we have a group shot . You can now see more of the Brown Flock variations . The Ginger flocked guy is rapidly becoming a favourite .  Very Happy  Paul said he was to busy for photos and remained napping on my desk ...actually because I put him back on his body soon after he returned I forgot I had left him there .   jocolor

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150609

All sorted with replacement gripping hands except one who has fixed hands . I was clever enough to keep all the original wrist pegs , just as well as the 40th pegs don`t fit well on vintage figures . So I still have some work to do swapping the wrist pegs over .

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150611

I learnt some time ago , that if you study a Vintage A.Ms forearm , there is a difference between the hole for the Gripping Hands and the Fixed Hands .

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150607

On the left is a fixed hand figures forearm , the recess is less deep , you have likely noticed the ball part of a fixed hand joint is considerably smaller than that of a gripping hand , a gripping hand forearm is shown on the right , the recess looks bigger and deeper .

I also noticed in setting up the group photo , that there are some considerable differences in height for some of them , oddly my two originals , and quite by chance ended up on the shortest figures . Suspect

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  P1150610

If anyone knows the best way to tap out the pins on the wrist joints please advise , till now I have tapped them out with a punch and a pin hammer . I normally tap them out over the slightly opened jaws of my small vice , or a pair of pliers . Also what is the best way to tighten up the loose knees , again I normally use a pin hammer , bend at the figures knee and tap the foot . I have not found this to be very effective and the last thing I want to do is damage to them . Hope your enjoying the update .

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 1:11 am

Great photos there Mark. They look really well. May have to pilfer those for advertising purposes !! Hope those mid brown variations are growing upon you. They look as good as I hoped on a full figure.
Keep the updates coming my friend. I want to see the journey these chaps make in full. It's been a privilege to have contributed to it in some way.
Very interesting points about gripping and pincer hands and recesses. I didn't know that.
Like you said earlier too, great to see some vintage content on the forum. There is far too little of it of late. It's very refreshing to see.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 4:48 am

Your new troops look great Chip. I also find your observations on the size differences very
interesting.

I, too, would like to know the best way to tighten knees.

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 9:09 am

Great group shot, those flocks look fab 👍
Interesting and useful bit of detail re forearm sockets too

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 10:19 am

With them all standing like that they would make a great vam chippendales group Wink.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 11:29 am

Dreadnought wrote:
There is far too little of it of late. It's very refreshing to see.

I agree Kev! it's always great to see the vintage boys! Maybe we can have a resurgence of vintage posting? I will have to take new shots of Jake and the boys now he is back on his vintage body. Don't now when, but soon!

Outstanding work Chip! really looking forward to seeing them progress further! bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 12:02 pm

TNshooter wrote:

Daryl, I usually wrap a bit of heavy cloth around the knee to protect it and then squeeze it with a pair of sliding grips or pliers to tighten up the rivet. You could try it with a vice also.

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 12:17 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:
There is far too little of it of late. It's very refreshing to see.

I agree Kev! it's always great to see the vintage boys! Maybe we can have a resurgence of vintage posting? I will have to take new shots of Jake and the boys now he is back on his vintage body. Don't now when, but soon!
:

I really hope so Dal Very Happy
Can't remember the last time I've seen Jake. All the modern stuff is OK, everybody has their own preferences.
For a forum with a fair percentage of vintage GI Joe/ Action Man collectors though, we have next to zero activity going on.
That's why this thread was such a good one for Mark to start. I hope he goes the distance to show us his completed restorations.
No pressure there Mark !!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2022 3:19 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
TNshooter wrote:

Daryl, I usually wrap a bit of heavy cloth around the knee to protect it and then squeeze it with a pair of sliding grips or pliers to tighten up the rivet. You could try it with a vice also.

Thanks Kev, I'm thinking another member here once mentioned doing it that way. The only Joe from my childhood
can't stand on his own anymore, once I can get his knees tightened I plan on a restring.

How he ended up not being able to stand I once told here, I have a sister and cousin to thank for the excessive
wear. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 12:32 am

Another observation , old Ginge has yellow lips , not sure how common this is in static eye figures , but believe it is relatively common in Eagle Eye figs . I not touched them anymore yet , I really don`t know where the time goes , seems it`s cooling down though hopefully that will help with the enthusiasm . Very Happy

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2022 2:31 am

Chip wrote:
I not touched them anymore yet , I really don`t know where the time goes , seems it`s cooling down though hopefully that will help with the enthusiasm . Very Happy

I hear you on that Chip, this year has been extremely hot.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2022 9:18 am

Chip wrote:
Another observation , old Ginge has yellow lips , not sure how common this is in static eye figures , but believe it is relatively common in Eagle Eye figs . I not touched them anymore yet , I really don`t know where the time goes , seems it`s cooling down though hopefully that will help with the enthusiasm . Very Happy

I'm sure once you start and get stuck in Chip, you'll be on a roll cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought    My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Head Re -Flocks By Dreadnought
Page 1 of 1