ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now

Go down 
+8
FIELD STATION 42
TNshooter
Porky
Professor Gangrene Fan
signalman
somekindajoe
Gunner Munro
RealSarahdactyl
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 4:20 pm

Why is Miss V. reporting that when she’s wearing the suit even though it gives her great strength and it's easy to over compensate but she also feels  'emotionally drained after a session ?

I’m liking seeing the pictures of Miss V trying manipulating common objects, workshop tools. What other tests are you going to be giving Miss V ?

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 4:32 pm

We'll be doing electrical / voltage tests and continuing to see what the suit can do with a live person on board, we must be very cautious however...the suit is not fastened in such a manner that it cannot be removed very quickly and disconnected if something untoward happens.
Bear in mind we theorise that the suit has been activated by some of the Borg elements and we may be seeing some sort of hybrid emerging !
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 4:43 pm

Porky wrote:
We'll be doing electrical / voltage tests and continuing to see what the suit can do with a live person on board, we must be very cautious however...the suit is not fastened in such a manner that it cannot be removed very quickly and disconnected if something untoward happens.
Bear in mind we theorise that the suit has been activated by some of the Borg elements and we may be seeing some sort of hybrid emerging !

Thanks for answering my question Porky Very Happy.

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 8:06 pm

Nice work Porky! I like it, it reminds me of Power Armour from the Fallout games! Will it get a paint scheme? Logos? How about a getting gun?😎

I've always loved exo skeletons, like those in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, which is essentially Ukrainian Fallout.

However making one would be so complicated, and the only pre-made one I've seen is the Soldier Story future warrior based on Tom Cruise in Edge of Tommow (Live Die Repeat in some regions.)

But at $300.00 parted out loose. My dolls don't get ro have one.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 8:22 pm

We're just experimenting at the moment, and it will be referenced in passing to a "story arc" on one of the other threads here... Wink
But nevertheless a metal clad invincible Miss Valentinova would be something to behold !

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 12:27 pm

Capt. O'Connor has come in for a bit of a knees and elbows 'tightening'... it was noticed on the NF mission he was getting a bit floppy..
He looks a bit apprehensive at the sheer size of some of the operating instruments..

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3298

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3295

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3293

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 2:49 pm

Ginger has been busy..
The CO has been in meetings with the Americans at the USN patrol boat, he and the PB skipper have in fact become good friends and the CO's often a guest in the officer's mess over there.
anyway the upshot being that the PB skipper has given us, on indefinate loan, a good number of their excellent Garand rifles, plus some carbines (very handy in a jeep) and some 30cal machine guns, all this with of course virtually unlimited ammunition for the above ( they've got a 'boat load' so to speak! ) As the boat is only half an hour from camp, re-supply is a doddle, versus requesting an air drop from Brigade.
..this leaves us in the position to devote all our .303  ammunition solely to the Bren guns ( plus an old Lewis we've got knocking about somewhere)
Ginger now has the task of giving a few of the first batch of US weapons a clean and service...

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3313

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 3:08 pm

I’m loving this picture of Ginger tasked with giving a few of the first batch of US weapons a clean and service.

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 3:10 pm

Naturally everyone's been having some training with the American weapons, the rifles are very popular, it's handy to be able to pretty much fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, compared to the slower bolt action Lee Enfields ( still a V. fine rifle mind you..)
The squad seems to have found itself a talented sniper too... Miss V. has proved to be far and away the best rifle shot of everyone,  there is of course something of a tradition of female snipers from her part of the world !
like the CO said the other day.. "glad she's on our side ! "

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3312

Ed.. "Strewth, that's all 8 rounds through the same hole ! .."

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2022 7:26 pm

The CO was most impressed when he heard of Miss V's performance with a rifle, consequently he decided to establish a proper sniper team, obviously with Miss V as the main protaganist..
The CO had some experience with snipers in the trenches in France as a young junior officer ( including being on the receiving end ! ) and felt it'd be a great asset to the whole unit to have a sniper section.
With this in mind he reached out to the Americans via his friend the patrol boat skipper, reasoning that the Yanks could likely come up with something in the way of a rifle or two with telescopic sights.
He was not disappointed.. the Americans were able to supply, from storage and surprisingly quickly, a couple of rifles thus equipped.
These were, interestingly, weapons captured from the Germans and taken for evaluation... even better, they came with a good supply of ammunition, including some explosive rounds...the potential effectiveness of these needs little imagination !
Miss Valentinova being of rather slight build and stature, ideally needed a rifle with a modified stock to suit, as would a competition shooter for instance...hence we have the redoubtable Ginger making adjustments and modifications.

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3327

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 4:22 pm

Nice one Porky. Old Ginge looks like a whizz with mechanics and munitions. Very Happy

Looking forward to seeing Miss V trying that out for size once he's finished customising it for her!! cheers

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 5:40 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
Nice one Porky. Old Ginge looks like a whizz with mechanics and munitions. Very Happy

Looking forward to seeing Miss V trying that out for size once he's finished customising it for her!! cheers

He's a top man with any of the old school engineering stuff, we'd be a bit stuck without him !

It'll certainly be interesting if Miss V can drop one of those 'orrible Borgs with an explosive bullet ! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 6:11 pm

The latest find the unit have uncovered is an old wrecked motorbike, this would be a great asset if it were a runner... Ed wastes no time in starting to strip the engine, Ginger is not impressed that Ed's using his best screwdriver as a chisel to try and lever the cylinder head off !

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3487

Ginger.. "let's do this properly, we'll have the carb off first ! "

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3489

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 6:19 pm

I've used a screwdriver as a chisel a few times. Sometimes you have to use what you have
on hand. Some of us don't have a complete toolbox! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 6:22 pm

TNshooter wrote:
I've used a screwdriver as a chisel a few times. Sometimes you have to use what you have
on hand. Some of us don't have a complete toolbox! Laughing

Yep, me too I confess ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 6:25 pm

Loving these pictures. So will we see progress pictures of Ed and Ginger working on a an old wrecked motorbike to bring it back on the road ?

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 6:35 pm

The Robot King wrote:
Loving these pictures. So will we see progress pictures of Ed and Ginger working on a an old wrecked motorbike to bring it back on the road ?

Certainly will yes !
..it'll be a very useful vehicle for charging around the bush, Ed is particularly keen on the idea as he used to do a bit of semi-pro speedway riding before his Army days Smile
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 6:49 pm

Those realistic miniature tools are quite remarkable! They remind me of old tools my grandfather had in his work shed.

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2022 7:30 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Those realistic miniature tools are quite remarkable! They remind me of old tools my grandfather had in his work shed.

Thanks Dave, I've been making them occasionally, building up the toolkit slowly !
The wooden handles are in fact slices cut from an old busted 'real life' hammer handle .. we need a few more spanners really Smile
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 1:15 pm

The modest tool kit as it stands, more will be added ongoing..

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3493

Last edited by Porky on Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total

BAMComix and FIELD STATION 42 like this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 1:20 pm

The cleaned up bike carcass ready to paint.. we have the engine, as you've seen above.. will need a seat making and handlebar set etc..
(you can buy the handlebars assembly on evilbay but at £12 plus postage i'll be making those from scratch ! )

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3506

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 1:34 pm

Looking good so far Porky! bounce bounce bounce

Porky likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 5:48 pm

Thank you for the close-up pic of the "modest" tool kit! Great looking miniatures!

Porky likes this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2022 7:21 pm

A couple of chaps just resurrected from the 'eadless carcasses..  I had a couple of nice olde 'hard heads' that really needed using so with cautious application of the heat gun popped them on. these will need new elastic as they're v. floppy but now they look like proper blokes again I'll be inspired to be bothered ! ...they in fact may end up serving in the US Navy aboard the patrol boat... our Yank friends have been most helpful to the unit recently and I suspect we may be doing some combined ops with them soon  Wink

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3539

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 DSCF3543

They've both copped some nasty chest injuries in the past, but they don't seem very forthcoming about what occurred. ..they don't look overly concerned anyway !

Dreadnought and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2022 7:39 pm

I love seeing true "old school" guys coming back to life! Will you equip them with proper "pincher" hands?

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next