ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lieutenant Rhett Butler

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Lieutenant Rhett Butler Empty
PostSubject: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2022 1:00 pm

Picked up a nice older SOTW set and a BBi figure that looks like Clark Gable.I was able to give my naval officer a new pair of shoes and my navy beach battalion figure a new radio to call in naval gunfire support.

Lieutenant Rhett Butler 3875022-D-C116-4-D99-9955-0-F35-BA20-AA88
Lieutenant Rhett Butler 8-D691-C18-8-A1-F-4257-9-E6-A-DBD7-AAABA222
Lieutenant Rhett Butler 1-C408619-7-DFB-4062-98-F9-CCB319891-C63
Lieutenant Rhett Butler 64-C5563-E-BC06-4418-B050-B2-C8751-F1064
Lieutenant Rhett Butler 1-E9-B0-A03-427-D-463-E-90-DB-FB7695-D40-E5-D
Lieutenant Rhett Butler 451-B4453-D1-AA-40-EF-AD2-D-12-B503968068

-Nate

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2022 2:13 pm

Clark Gable actually served in the USAAF during the war and flew bomber missions. He attained the rank of major before being discharged in 1944. His discharge papers were signed by Captain Ronald Reagan.
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2022 3:50 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Clark Gable actually served in the USAAF during the war and flew bomber missions.  He attained the rank of major before being discharged in 1944. His discharge papers were signed by Captain Ronald Reagan.

Yes, ironically after shaving his famous mustache! Interestingly enough, aviation was one of the areas you see facial hair to the end of the war. Ground forces abandoned facial hair as snipers often used it if no rank insignia was visible.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2022 4:31 pm

In the British or Canadian Armies in WWII, you would be hard-pressed to find a field grade officer or above who did not sport a mustache. It seems to have been de rigeur. Supposedly, lieutenants would often grow them to make themselves look older to their men, but I find it difficult to find any photographic evidence of junior officers, especially in the infantry, wearing mustaches, and this is quite possibly because it would identify them as officers to snipers. I suspect that the growing of mustaches among junior officers was more of an peacetime thing.

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2022 4:57 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
In the British or Canadian Armies in WWII, you would be hard-pressed to find a field grade officer or above who did not sport a mustache.  It seems to have been de rigeur.  Supposedly, lieutenants would often grow them to make themselves look older to their men, but I find it difficult to find any photographic evidence of junior officers, especially in the infantry, wearing mustaches, and this is quite possibly because it would identify them as officers to snipers.  I suspect that the growing of mustaches among junior officers was more of an peacetime thing.  

I’d be curious to see the percentage of British/Commonwealth junior officers and NCOS with facial hair after D-Day. Supposedly it was during the bitter fighting to break out if Normandy (where JO and NCO casualty rates were on par with WWI) that intel found out about German snipers using facial hair to help determine useful targets. As you say, field grade or above might be more common.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 2:33 am

Those are great looking figures. bounce
I'm curious where you found the glasses for the one figure.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 7:05 am

Great additions Nate! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 3:41 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Those are great looking figures.  bounce
I'm curious where you found the glasses for the one figure.

The glasses are from an older DML WWII German figure. Dieter I believe. Came with a bicycle.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 3:41 pm

Here's a closeup of the glasses:

Lieutenant Rhett Butler 6A211F83-3A18-494C-80B8-F96BA8276D77

-Nate
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 6:14 pm

Thanks Nate.

I would like to get a pair like that for a figure I have. I was hoping to find a pair without
having to get a figure to get them. Smile

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lieutenant Rhett Butler   Lieutenant Rhett Butler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lieutenant Rhett Butler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Kitbashes-
Jump to: