ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dagnabit acetone...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buildadiorama
Heavy Weapons
Buildadiorama

Dagnabit acetone... Empty
PostSubject: Dagnabit acetone...   Dagnabit acetone... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 6:39 pm

So my failed attempt at resizing a hall of famer gijoe airborne mp forced me to try my hand at painting eyes... received some very small brushes today so gave it a go... Not bad... Need to get eyebrow brown for eyebrows then touch up those. Oh...and I flocked him... Love this color blend... pictures don't do it justice...Dagnabit acetone... Img_2036

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dagnabit acetone...   Dagnabit acetone... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 7:46 pm

Nice flock job!

So... the acetone got away from you on the eyes, there, did it? Yeah, that stuff can be unpredictable: nothing happens, nothing happens... the wham! The paint is gone and the plastic goes soft!

The repaint is looking good. I have not had the courage to attempt repainting eyes. It seems like an arcane dark art to me.

Buildadiorama likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dagnabit acetone...   Dagnabit acetone... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 8:31 pm

Nice work Angelo! a friend once gave me a tip for painting eyebrows, hold the head upside down while painting them. Sounds strange I know, but it does work Very Happy . BTW, the flock looks awesome!

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Dagnabit acetone...   Dagnabit acetone... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 1:06 am

Nice work! I have heard that Burnt Umber is the color used for eyebrows on vintage heads.

Back to top Go down
Buildadiorama
Heavy Weapons
Buildadiorama

PostSubject: Re: Dagnabit acetone...   Dagnabit acetone... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 1:19 am

Thanks for the tips...upside down and time to get some burnt umber...
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dagnabit acetone...   Dagnabit acetone... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 5:26 pm

Great work and really good flocking !!! cheers  

I've been there with the acetone !! affraid affraid Very Happy

I usually use a cocktail stick for painting the eyebrows - it's far easier to control than the brush.

Here's some re-flocks I did for Chip recently with an eyebrow touch in.

Dagnabit acetone... 20220804-175558

Kev.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dagnabit acetone...   Dagnabit acetone... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dagnabit acetone...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: G.I.Joe - America's Movable Fighting Man - 1964 -1969 / Adventure Team 1970 - 1976 :: Joe Random Images-
Jump to: