Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Thank you Alex & Steve for the great comments.
Steve I think you'd best settle for a screen saver of the Sarge my friend as he has settled in so very well here.
Besides , who would there be to keep the remaining Grunts in check?

I very much appreciate the comment & quotes you have left Steve . I have tried as best I know how to get this thread right & it pleases me no end to recieve all of these really nice comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:28 pm

To follow is the conclusion to this tour for the Sarge & his (cherry) Grunts. He's 1 man down & if there's one thing that doesn't sit well with the Sarge, It's losing a man !
You , I hope may have noticed that one of the 'DINKS' managed to get some shots off & then make good his escape into an underground tunnel system. The Sarge knows he's in there , but doesn't have in his company a single Grunt with the experience to go in after him & he knows all to well without him being on the ground. He may well lose more of his platoon to this VC's trigger finger.
So he has a choice to make: Does he seek out this 'DINK' & try to ease his concious for losing a man OR , Does he save those in his care & get them back to the LZ double time?
What follows is the decison the Sarge made .
Do enjoy the pictures & the outcome. Thanks so very kindly to everyone that has commented along this thread.

Last edited by ghost recon on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:47 pm

The Sarge has made the decision to wait it out for the VC to come from his hole.
He has sent two Grunts in advance back to the LZ with the fallen commrade.
The wait is on as the Sarge & two of his Grunts lay in wait. The sarge has what he feels is a very personal score to settle !!
He doesn't wait long , The 'DINK' makes his appearnace from an alternate entrance to the tunnel.
The Adrenalin makes the heart pick up, The Sarge is set. His Grunts are ready at the trigger , always glancing across to the Sarge for his nod to ease it back & let the bullets flow freely.
Here's the 'Dink' as he emerges.

Last edited by ghost recon on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:49 pm

The Sarge is set to strike !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 pm

The Grunts are ready !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Now you know................The Sarge makes his move.........Silently , ever closer. He wants this up close & personal. That's how it's all left him feeling afterall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm

STEVE..............Here you are , this ones for you !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Now & only now , does the Sarge head back with his Grunts to the safelty of the LZ.
He has contemplated the tour , his up's downs & it's losses & the only thing he feels happy with is that:
Vengance is a dish best served cold !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:10 pm

FINE !!!! As the cartoons would say.................THAT'S ALL FOLKS !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Excellent thread ade from start to finish, well worth all the effort and time you have put into it mate. Good to see Sarge make it out after leading by example. A man on a mission. I really enjoyed it all Ade, top upload
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Thanks Dal , I glad you've enjoyed the thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somekindajoe
Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:46 pm

A fantastic finale to an amazing thread! You've had us on the edge of our seats from start to finnish.

I suppose I should feel a little sorry for the poor soldier of the 'Heroic people's army' of North Vietnam..but better him than the Sarge!

To tell the truth I never doubted the Sarge would make it through OK. They broke the mould when they made him..well actually it wore out in the mid 70's which is why later AM looked different..but thats not the point!!

He has been the embodiment of those AM's from our childhood games.. Brave, steadfast heroes who end up saving the day!

Well done Ade, a well thoughtout, well photographed thread we'll be reminiscing about for ages!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Deep Sea Diver

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Thank you Steve your comments throughout have been such great to read. I really do appreciate your views & I'm so very pleased you have enjoyed the thread. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.   

Back to top Go down

VIET-VAM Tour of duty. By Ghost recon.....Ade.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next