ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Relacing boots

Go down 
+2
inntruderr61
Kimono Troop Command
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Relacing boots Empty
PostSubject: Relacing boots   Relacing boots Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2023 3:25 pm

I picked up a pair of the lace boots that were missing laces and decided to try to replace them with a needle and thread.

Relacing boots 4-FBB0-C6-C-A321-41-E9-970-A-FDC91-B1-B0-B1-B
Relacing boots B47-FAED5-FDFE-476-D-AA5-C-783-EAC100-E0-E

A little messy for my first time, but now my federal soldier has more ankle support!

Relacing boots 231-D652-F-1-AB3-4-CF2-B9-E4-D41-E3-AFC078-A
Relacing boots 19-C0-D570-0-DF2-4119-94-F9-70659573-CD4-C

-Nate

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Relacing boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relacing boots   Relacing boots Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2023 8:26 pm

What I do to ease the task of getting tips of the laces through the eyelets is to apply a bit of cyanoacrylate to the first 3-4 mm of the lace to create a hardened tip, which goes through the eyelet with greater ease.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Relacing boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relacing boots   Relacing boots Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2023 8:58 pm

What I do to ease the task of getting tips of the laces through the eyelets is to apply a bit of cyanoacrylate to the first 3-4 mm of the lace to create a hardened tip, which goes through the eyelet with greater ease.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Relacing boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relacing boots   Relacing boots Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 12:53 am

Nice boots Nate! They even lace up... cheers
Your federal soldier is looking good! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

Relacing boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relacing boots   Relacing boots Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 6:58 am

Great work Nate!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

Relacing boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relacing boots   Relacing boots Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 7:27 am

As a 6 or 7 year old child, I had a set of boots like those. They were not Action Man, but part of a knockoff
set I got for Christmas for Joe. They gave me the most trouble. Even my tiny fingers had trouble tying them!

I would never have the patience to try to work those now. I wouldn't even try! Nice job Nate!

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Relacing boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relacing boots   Relacing boots Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 11:08 am

TNshooter wrote:
As a 6 or 7 year old child, I had a set of boots like those. They were not Action Man, but part of a knockoff
set I got for Christmas for Joe. They gave me the most trouble. Even my tiny fingers had trouble tying them!

I would never have the patience to try to work those now. I wouldn't even try! Nice job Nate!

They look nice; but I can see why action man only had them with a few sets! Even the newer DiD and soldier story lace boots are frustrating. I lean towards decent looking molded boots.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Relacing boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relacing boots   Relacing boots Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 11:11 am

Very well done on Relacing boots up .

Relacing boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relacing boots   Relacing boots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relacing boots
Page 1 of 1