ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Empty
PostSubject: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2023 7:25 pm

G.I. Joe Day is celebrated on February 1 because the toy was introduced to the market in February 1964 by Hasbro, a toy company... cheers cheers cheers

Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... 100_9011
Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... 100_7512
Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... 100_8618
Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... 100_8714
Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... 100_8916

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2023 7:53 pm

National GI Joe Day? I did not know about that! But I'm happy to learn about it!

Feb First will now go on my annual calendar along with Talk Like a Pirate Day, Pi Day, and Towel Day is a Very Important Day!

Those are some great pics of classic figs to celebrate America's Movable Fighting Man in proper style!

Fighting Man from head to toe!

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2023 10:18 pm

Happy National GiJoe day to you and your Gi Joes Jim Wink.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 12:45 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
National GI Joe Day? I did not know about that! But I'm happy to learn about it!

Feb First will now go on my annual calendar along with Talk Like a Pirate Day, Pi Day, and Towel Day is a Very Important Day!

Those are some great pics of classic figs to celebrate America's Movable Fighting Man in proper style!

Fighting Man from head to toe!

Yep Dave... Joes got his own special day...lol
The Facebook Gijoe forums are celebrating Gijoe big time today...lol

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 12:49 am

The Robot King wrote:
Happy National GiJoe day to you and your Gi Joes Jim Wink.

Thanks Alex! When is happy action man day?

Just looked it up Action Man was released in 1966 but no mention of a day or month???

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 6:56 am

Happy G.I.Joe day! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 8:54 am

inntruderr61 wrote:

Just looked it up Action Man was released in 1966 but no mention of a day or month???

Hi Jim, I’m sorry but I don’t actually know when is happy action man day or even if we have one. It’s a pity that they is no mention what month vam was released. Maybe one of our vam collectors members might know the answer.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 10:55 pm

The Robot King wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:

Hi Jim, I’m sorry but I don’t actually know when is happy action man day or even if we have one. It’s a pity that they is no mention what month vam was released. Maybe one of our vam collectors members might know the answer.

If you ever find out Alex please let me know... thanks!

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2023 1:59 am

This took some online detective work, but I found what I was looking for.

Palitoy Action Man was introduced to the public at the Brighton Toy Fair on 31 January 1966.

You can find promotional photos (copyrighted and watermarked) at these links:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/un-petit-gar%C3%A7on-joue-avec-ses-poup%C3%A9es-mannequin-les-action-news-photo/558674659?adppopup=true

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/seven-year-old-john-rider-examines-a-display-of-action-man-news-photo/52767105?adppopup=true

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2023 3:55 am

That is some great detective work Dave!

So basically Action Man was introduced two years after Joe. Almost to the day.

Just one day apart.

But Action Man lasted about eight years after the 12" Joe. I wish 12" Joe had lasted that long. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2023 1:13 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:

Palitoy Action Man was introduced to the public at the Brighton Toy Fair on 31 January 1966.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/un-petit-gar%C3%A7on-joue-avec-ses-poup%C3%A9es-mannequin-les-action-news-photo/558674659?adppopup=true

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/seven-year-old-john-rider-examines-a-display-of-action-man-news-photo/52767105?adppopup=true

Awesome detective work Dave! cheers

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2023 8:16 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:

That’s awesome detective work detective Dave.

PostSubject: Re: Today is National GiJoe day here in the States...   Today is National GiJoe day here in the States... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1