ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Picked up this Jeep today....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Picked up this Jeep today.... Empty
PostSubject: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 9:45 pm

Picked up this Jeep today.... Had this as a kid in the 60's... cheers

Picked up this Jeep today.... 100_9913

BAMComix, TNshooter and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 10:09 pm

Nice Picked up sorry I mean Jeep lol! . Pleased that you got a jeep like you once had as a kid in the 60's.

Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 11:12 pm

The Jeep looks in Excellent condition, Along with the figure.
Fantastic Jim . You must be delighted with yourself. I know I would be with a very fine edition to anyone's collection.
I'm really happy for you.  cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 11:38 pm

The Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
Nice Picked up sorry I mean Jeep lol! . Pleased that you got a jeep like you once had as a kid in the 60's.

Thanks Alex... lol

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 11:39 pm

Scottish.Actionman. wrote:
The Jeep looks in Excellent condition, Along with the figure.
Fantastic Jim . You must be delighted with yourself. I know I would be with a very fine edition to anyone's collection.
I'm really happy for you.  cheers cheers cheers

Thanks Scottish Actionman...

Scottish.Actionman. likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 2:00 am

A 5-Star! With the windshield! Nice Jim. I had one as a child also, I was able to get one a few years ago.
I'm still looking to do some work on it. Does yours have the moto-rev sound?

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 6:56 am

Great pick up Jim! The Joe's will love it!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 3:38 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Great pick up Jim! The Joe's will love it!

Thanks Dal!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 3:43 pm

TNshooter wrote:
A 5-Star! With the windshield! Nice Jim. I had one as a child also, I was able to get one a few years ago.

Hi TNShooter, not sure about motor-rev-sound? I opened hood and heres what it looks like...
I'll have to research the various jeeps...

Picked up this Jeep today.... 100_9916

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 7:47 pm

I like the idea of the engine noise maker. We never got that , just the plastic engine bay cover. I think I have come across a Joe plane with the engine noise maker machine at base of the plane where the landing wheels sit. Great for the kids at the time , but not so much for the parents  lol! lol! lol! Picked up this Jeep today.... Img_2724
Picked up this Jeep today.... Img_2723
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 12:20 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
TNshooter wrote:

Hi TNShooter, not sure about motor-rev-sound? I opened hood and heres what it looks like...

Picked up this Jeep today.... 100_9916

You have the battery clip, is there a metal tab with a post sticking up beside it?

Is there a metal lever that moves back and forth that looks like a gear shift between the seats?
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 3:56 pm

Scottish.Actionman. wrote:
I like the idea of the engine noise maker. We never got that , just the plastic engine bay cover. I think I have come across a Joe plane with the engine noise maker machine at base of the plane where the landing wheels sit. Great for the kids at the time , but not so much for the parents  lol! lol! lol! Picked up this Jeep today.... Img_2724
Picked up this Jeep today.... Img_2723

Nice vehicle Scottish.Actionman....broooommmmmmm... lol!
Now going look and answer Daryls
question...

Scottish.Actionman. likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 4:15 pm

TNshooter wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:
TNshooter wrote:

You have the battery clip, is there a metal tab with a post sticking up beside it?

Is there a metal lever that moves back and forth that looks like a gear shift between the seats?

Hi Daryl, I only see a gear shift between seats...

Picked up this Jeep today.... 100_9917
Picked up this Jeep today.... 101_0010
Picked up this Jeep today.... S-l16025

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 5:10 pm

Hey Jim,

I'm kinda stumped. I'm aware of two versions of the 5-Star jeep, the moto rev version and the non moto rev version.

Your jeep has the wiring of the moto rev version, but not the tab or motor of the rev version.

I can only assume that there is a version in between?

I've known the non moto rev version had a cardboard "plate" under the hood. The moto rev version had the battery
clip.

It would seem you have an "in between" version?

One that has the battery clip to supply power to the spotlight?

I'm not aware of that version, you might have a RARE version of the 5-Star jeep!

I have collected some parts for mine, I guess I need to take some photos even though I haven't worked on it yet to
show the moto rev version. The one I had as a child.

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 8:16 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Hey Jim,

I'm kinda stumped. I'm aware of two versions of the 5-Star jeep, the moto rev version and the non moto rev version.

Your jeep has the wiring of the moto rev version, but not the tab or motor of the rev version.

I can only assume that there is a version in between?

I've known the non moto rev version had a cardboard "plate" under the hood. The moto rev version had the battery
clip.

It would seem you have an "in between" version?

One that has the battery clip to supply power to the spotlight?

I'm not aware of that version, you might have a RARE version of the 5-Star jeep!

I have collected some parts for mine, I guess I need to take some photos even though I haven't worked on it yet to
show the moto rev version. The one I had as a child.

Yes if you get time photos of your Rev version would be nice to see... Very Happy

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2023 2:26 am

Hey Jim,

I dug mine out (been a while since I looked it over) and realized that yours is definitely different.

Under the hood of mine:

Picked up this Jeep today.... Moto_r10

The tab under your hood is where the thin metal blade attaches, but the floor is flat where mine
has an electric motor well. I didn't think to photograph the underside. Here is another angle:

Picked up this Jeep today.... Moto_r11

The small black post is what is left of the part that hits the blade. It had two arms with a ball on the
ends, but they are broken off on the one I have. I'm hoping to one day get a complete one.

Here is the lever, when pulled all the back toward the figure is the off position. Push it toward
the dash is the on position, that's when the motor would spin to make the sound.

Picked up this Jeep today.... Moto_r12

If I remember correctly, in the middle position you could turn on the spotlight without the motor
sound. I need to clean the contacts on my battery clip to check the wiring to see if the motor will
spin. I've been able to get a spotlight, I need to check it as well.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 11:15 pm

WOW Daryl they are different... Thanks for sharing your pics and letting me know... Very Happy
Hummmm

PostSubject: Re: Picked up this Jeep today....   Picked up this Jeep today.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up this Jeep today....
Page 1 of 1