ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BP EE body leg fix

Go down 
+2
Rossini
Beatlefan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

BP EE body leg fix Empty
PostSubject: BP EE body leg fix   BP EE body leg fix Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:19 pm

I picked up a BP EE headless body on ebay a couple of months ago for a bargain as the right knee joint was broken. It had been repaired with a small nut and bolt through the joint holding it together.
It was a pretty good fix and the leg was still in working order but I wanted something a bit more robust and permanent.

After much thought about what to use for it I had an idea of using a sprue from an old Airfix 1:72 set of figures. (The figures had already been removed but luckily I kept the sprue's)

So...heres my tip.

Cut a small lenght of sprue slightly wider than the whole knee joint and feed it through (the sprue I used was a very good fit but could still be pushed out again)

To make it a permanent repair heat up the tip of a small filler knife or flat head screwdriver, you don't need it red hot just hot enough to melt the ends of the sprue. Carefully rub it over the end of the sprue each side of the knee joint making it nice and flush with the joint. This also widens each end of the sprue to stop it moving out of place.

Finally I gave each side a very light rub over with fine sandpaper to give a nice smooth finish.

BP EE body leg fix 002_zpsb8a65512

BP EE body leg fix 003_zps1b4e1012
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

BP EE body leg fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP EE body leg fix   BP EE body leg fix Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Excellent tip and very neatly done too cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

BP EE body leg fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP EE body leg fix   BP EE body leg fix Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Great tip Richard & very nicely demonstrated.
I won't be rushing out though to buy any EE's lol.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

BP EE body leg fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP EE body leg fix   BP EE body leg fix Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Wow Richard great repair thread my friend, useful to know for the future !! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

BP EE body leg fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP EE body leg fix   BP EE body leg fix Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Nice tip mate

i use these sprues to make pips for the gun holsters but now the uses are endless Smile

Well done Richard top accy points cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Cappy
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

BP EE body leg fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP EE body leg fix   BP EE body leg fix Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Good tip there, you can also do the same with a foot that's come off.

BP EE body leg fix Empty
PostSubject: Re: BP EE body leg fix   BP EE body leg fix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BP EE body leg fix
Page 1 of 1