ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Glue for stickers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Glue for stickers Empty
PostSubject: Glue for stickers   Glue for stickers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 1:38 pm

Can anyone recommend a glue to re attach stickers to vehicles ? Obviously I don`t want any glue that`s going to eat into the plastic . I am guessing P.V.A ?

Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Glue for stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glue for stickers   Glue for stickers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 2:03 pm

Chip wrote:
Can anyone recommend a glue to re attach stickers to vehicles ? Obviously I don`t want any glue that`s going to eat into the plastic . I am guessing P.V.A ?

Hi Chip if you are printing your own stickers for your vehicles, you can actually buy printable sticker paper in A4 sizes, you can then print your decals on this paper and cut out and peel off the backing paper and then apply whatever stickers you want onto your vehicles, hope this is helpful Regards Ian

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Glue for stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glue for stickers   Glue for stickers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 8:22 pm

Thanks Ian , but was looking for a glue to re attach original stickers .

Hawkeye

Glue for stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glue for stickers   Glue for stickers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 8:48 pm

Chip wrote:
Thanks Ian , but was looking for a glue to re attach original stickers .

Oh I see! Well you could always use double-sided tape, I've had some success with this before and that would be less prone to damage the vehicle, it's a bit fidgety but if you stick it on the back of the sticker first and then cut away any excess then peel the backing off and stick in place, hope this helps Ian

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Glue for stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glue for stickers   Glue for stickers Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2023 12:29 am

Thanks Ian will give that some thought , the sticker I want to repair has torn at an angle , making the double sided tape idea a bit more fiddly but not impossible .

Hawkeye

Glue for stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glue for stickers   Glue for stickers Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2023 3:05 pm

Chip wrote:
Thanks Ian will give that some thought , the sticker I want to repair has torn at an angle , making the double sided tape idea a bit more fiddly but not impossible .

Yes it's fiddly and best to make sure there is no old glue residue from the old sticker that can sometimes be quite dusty, the double sided tape does work and if there is a rip in the sticker that has partially taken the back off the face of the sticker makbe tape the backing piece down first and then use an accurately cut piece of tape to stick the face back onto the backing, it would be very fiddly to do but would be a neat finish and worth the effort, I use magnifying modellers glasses that go over my own specs to help with small stuff Neutral

Glue for stickers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glue for stickers   Glue for stickers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glue for stickers
Page 1 of 1