ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence

Go down 
+2
Professor Gangrene Fan
Hawkeye
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Empty
PostSubject: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2023 8:05 pm

My latest favourite creation 'Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence' 🌅

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence 1

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence 102-5331

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence 102-5335

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence 102-5338

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence 102-5348

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence 350045924-813376070399927-3845611900530481268-n

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Greenwall

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2023 8:33 pm

I have to be honest that I have never heard or seen the movie 'Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence but I’m really really liking the kitbash you have created along with the head sculpt and mould painted hair Hawkeye.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2023 10:15 pm

He came out really good . Well done .

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2023 2:32 am

Great looking figure Ian. cheers cheers cheers

I have to admit I'm not at all familiar with the movie. But the figure looks great.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2023 7:32 am

Fantastic stuff, Ian. he looks great!

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
TasMan
New Recruit
TasMan

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2023 11:01 am

Nice work !

Could even be 20 years or more since I last saw the movie But, I still give the soundtrack a whirl now and then.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2023 11:37 am

Professor Gangrene Fan wrote:
I have to be honest that I have never heard or seen the movie 'Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence but I’m really really liking the kitbash you have created along with the head sculpt and mould painted hair Hawkeye.

Thanks, Alex it's a very powerful emotional film and really sad and also shows the horror and cruelty of the WW2 Prisoner of war camp Sad

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2023 12:10 pm

Chip wrote:
He came out really good . Well done .

Thanks Chip I've been a long time fan of David Bowie and his work and I wanted to do something different so set to work on this Major Jack Cellier figure from the movie

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2023 7:20 pm

TNshooter wrote:

I have to admit I'm not at all familiar with the movie. But the figure looks great.

Thanks, Daryl it's been years since I watched the Movie it is set During World War II, British soldier Jack Celliers (David Bowie) is captured by Japanese forces and held in a prison camp by the honor-bound Capt. Yanoi (Ryuichi Sakamoto). Yanoi and gruff Sgt. Hara (Takeshi) becomes intrigued with Celliers' open defiance in the face of their staunchly old-world ideas about cowardice and shame. Meanwhile, a translator, Lt. Col. John Lawrence (Tom Conti), attempts to find common ground between British and Japanese beliefs.

Storyline
In 1942 British soldier Jack Celliers comes to a Japanese prison camp. The camp is run by Yonoi, who has a firm belief in discipline, honor and glory. In his view, the allied prisoners are cowards when they chose to surrender instead of committing suicide. One of the prisoners, interpreter John Lawrence, tries to explain the Japanese way of thinking, but is considered a traitor.

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2023 7:22 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Fantastic stuff, Ian. he looks great!

Thanks,cheers Dal it's a figure I've been wanting to do for some time now and finally got most of the stuff I needed

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2023 7:42 pm

TasMan wrote:
Nice work !

Could even be 20 years or more since I last saw the movie But, I still give the soundtrack a whirl now and then.

Thanks yes it's proberly been that long since I saw the move, I'm going to have another watch asap Laughing

funny enough my wife found out some of my old single vinyls this morning and look what was amongst them

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence 350141667-1732672507173314-1247703113923761152-n

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence 350375587-636502391328018-7735995429898817137-n

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2023 5:23 am

Hawkeye wrote:
TNshooter wrote:

Thanks, Daryl it's been years since I watched the Movie it is set During World War II, British soldier Jack Celliers (David Bowie) is captured by Japanese forces and held in a prison camp by the honor-bound Capt. Yanoi (Ryuichi Sakamoto). Yanoi and gruff Sgt. Hara (Takeshi) becomes intrigued with Celliers' open defiance in the face of their staunchly old-world ideas about cowardice and shame. Meanwhile, a translator, Lt. Col. John Lawrence (Tom Conti), attempts to find common ground between British and Japanese beliefs.

Storyline
In 1942 British soldier Jack Celliers comes to a Japanese prison camp. The camp is run by Yonoi, who has a firm belief in discipline, honor and glory. In his view, the allied prisoners are cowards when they chose to surrender instead of committing suicide. One of the prisoners, interpreter John Lawrence, tries to explain the Japanese way of thinking, but is considered a traitor.

I didn't know that David Bowie did acting when he was young. I will need to see if I can watch
this movie at some point. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence   Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence
Page 1 of 1