ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)

Go down 
+3
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
RealSarahdactyl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)   Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 9:38 am

Aside from the box being damaged thr dolls joints loose..
I am happy that Leon has a new enemy. What I'm not happy about is the reminder of how poor quality the Dam Toys Resident Evil figures really are. The hands are like rocks, the guns as fragile as a sugar sculpture.

Small rant ahead, skip if only her for doll pics.
Honestly, I am read for all one sixth figures to loose 50% of the detail, and see them drop 50% in cost. Boxed figures nowadays truly are a one and done thing. Set them up and leave them. Leave them for ten years until they become inevitably brittle and break anyway.
Or do as I do and don't set them up, just jump right to leaving them, leaving them in the ****ing box. Strongly considering dumping like 80% of my (boxed) figures on eBay and just being done with it. But if I quite this hobby, there's really not much stopping me from just becoming a miserable old battleaxe.

Size comparison.
Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) F7049497ce29ddaa902fa37f9afd6e1c

Action pose, or as action as I'm willing to take excessively fragile Leon and his fine glass sculpture of a gun..
Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Dd6a0eac71d228c79871315bd8986e83

Between takes.
Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) 31beebd528c48553b7b6063d51f07b9a

BAMComix and Hawkeye like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)   Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 9:57 am

Love the pics Sarah! but by do I feel your pain of the rising cost and poor quality of figures! I would suggest looking for a Dam Toys Gansters body for Leon. They are extremely well made and durable. Might be worth swapping him over? I'm so sad to learn that the bad guy is also on the poor construction side, he looks so cool! I'm like though, I love to play with the figs and not just leave them on a shelf or in the box.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)   Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 10:00 am

First off WOW Mr X is incredibly tall, second he looks incredibly scary looking and thirdly I’m really loving his long black leather jacket and hat. He looks very similar to No Face. I’m really liking the pictures you have taken. I do like Dal love to play with the figs and not just leave them on a shelf or in the box. Toys should be played with and not just left on a shelf or in the box

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)   Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 3:44 am

That is an incredible looking figure! How tall is he? Like Alexander I really like his outfit.

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)   Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 5:51 am

Great photos, Sarah!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)   Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 7:28 am

I’m sure you’d excel at being a miserable old battle-axe! But if you hone your skills for a few more years before going pro, you’ll be even better, so I hope you hold off for now.
Wink

The fragile little accessories included with boxed figures are incredibly annoying. I don’t know why the manufacturers use such brittle plastic. Does it allow for more detailed castings? Or is it a cost-saving measure? All I know is, those beautifully detailed little parts tend to break far too easily, sometimes within seconds.

I try to avoid complete boxed licensed figures now. I start with a head sculpt and body combo and try to piece together characters. I use as many “playline” costume pieces and accessories as I can — Barbie, Sindy, GI Joe, 21st Century, and Dragon — because they tend to be more durable than the “boxed figure” stuff. Depends on your personal aesthetic, though; I’m somewhat more tolerant of “toylike” than some collectors. Of course, then I start whining about my figs and dioramas not looking realistic.
Rolling Eyes

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)   Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 9:22 am

I love the R. E figure I've never played the game,  but i love the film series cheers

I feel your pain with regards to the delicate nature of figures these days. I've got several phicen who are only a couple of years old,  have been looked after and never left in an unnatural pose, but their elbow joints have split   Rolling Eyes

Chris
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)   Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 12:30 am

Thanks Dal! Yeah it's frustrating. Honestly I'll probably leave Leon as is.. if I ever get a second one I might play around with it. He is Dam Toys, so I feel like the body is pretty similar to Gangsters Kingdom if not the same. I like to try and keep my "special" boxed figures stock but swapping the hands is seriously tempting. Why they used this awful hard plastic is beyond me.

Thanks Alex! Some of my figures are out and posed more often. But these collectibles like from games I like. Are so stupidly priced I'm scared to break them.

Thanks Daryl, I think he's about 18" inches tall. I have to measure him haha. This is mnt the last we have seen of him so I'll measure him next time.

Thanks Gary!

Yes Dave, I just need a bit more practice! 😆 I miss 21st Century Toys. My brother had a few of them, Ultimate Soldier and the like. I had some. Mostly ones my brother wasn't interested in but my Dad wanted to play with.😆 Haha. Honestly they were perfect. The price point and the detail, it was all there.

Thanks Chris! Yes I've heard this about phicens! I beleive there is a TPE friendly glue which works well for skin splits. I just do not know off the top of my head which brand or type.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)   Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 2 Villain (Mr X)
Page 1 of 1