ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II

Go down 
+6
BAMComix
Kimono Troop Command
FIELD STATION 42
inntruderr61
Hawkeye
Randam Hajile
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Empty
PostSubject: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 7:02 pm

As the previous "Emulate MiskatonicNick" Photo Challenge was a great success with wonderful original images from several members, I'm gonna try to get you all to do it again. BTW, the original challenge is still open, if you have a photo to contribute but haven't had the time.

In our second challenge, you are being asked to emulate the theme of this photo.

Your entry should show a villain in the foreground being surprised at gunpoint by one of your heroes or heroines.  A heroine is more in the spirit of the original, but if you have only male figures, then that's allowable also. Also, please try to put some fallen henchmen in the background, presumably killed by our hero / heroine. Captions or speech balloons are not required, but encouraged. This is for fun, and not a contest. Just enjoy yourself, and allow your creativity to manifest itself.

Here is my entry.

PS.  While those memebers having a Dr. Diablos kitbash figure in their collections are highly encouraged to use them as he is a MiskatonicNick creation, any villain will do. You don't need a Dr. Diablos figure to participate in this.

BAMComix, Hawkeye and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 7:25 am

Cool idea Gary! I will have to have a think, see what I can come up with! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 11:37 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Cool idea Gary! I will have to have a think, see what I can come up with! bounce bounce bounce

Well Dal, you have Diablos figure, lots of pretty female agents, and plenty of stuff for a background. It would be best if your goons are wearing some sort of uniform, but if you don't have any, then go with what you have.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 2:31 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:

Well Dal, you have Diablos figure, lots of pretty female agents, and plenty of stuff for a background.  It would be best if your goons are wearing some sort of uniform, but if you don't have any, then go with what you have.

I need to dig out Diablos and put him back together bounce . Not so sure about uniforms? scratch
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 3:10 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:

Well Dal, you have Diablos figure, lots of pretty female agents, and plenty of stuff for a background.  It would be best if your goons are wearing some sort of uniform, but if you don't have any, then go with what you have.

I need to dig out Diablos and put him back together bounce . Not so sure about uniforms? scratch

I've noticed something of a general absence of uniforms in your collections.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 1:38 pm

Finally after sorting a few bits and getting a bit of spare time!

MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 53095101834_9f1be2f2c9_cMiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Hawkeye, TNshooter and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 2:18 pm

Diabolos looks great there Dal , I love the explosive he is about to set , very fitting . Great posing too , he really does look a little shocked to of been caught out .

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 2:41 pm

Great photo, Dal. Totally love it! It completely fits the concept while being different enough from mine and the original to make it stand out as yours.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 3:33 pm

Fantastic!

The uniform for your Diablos looks absolutely epic! He's a contemporary bad-*ss now, rather than being stuck in the past!

Diablos has even upgraded his device from some kind of 1960s relic to an LED readout, like something out of the 1980s! Razz

I love the looks of your Agent! She's like an updated version of Lotta Danger or Agent Havoc -- too cool!

And the rocks with the moss -- I can't suppress a fake rock fanboy über-squee when I see that moss! cheers

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 6:01 pm

Loving the entries so far cheers cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2023 7:18 am

Chip wrote:
Diabolos looks great there Dal , I love the explosive he is about to set , very fitting . Great posing too , he really does look a little shocked to of been caught out .

Cheers Chip! That explosive device I believe is a mam item? Pretty sure Alex sent it to me bounce

Chip wrote:
Great photo, Dal. Totally love it! It completely fits the concept while being different enough from mine and the original to make it stand out as yours.

Thanks Gary! it was great fun to do bounce bounce bounce .

Chip wrote:
Fantastic!

The uniform for your Diablos looks absolutely epic! He's a contemporary bad-*ss now, rather than being stuck in the past!

Diablos has even upgraded his device from some kind of 1960s relic to an LED readout, like something out of the 1980s! Razz

I love the looks of your Agent! She's like an updated version of Lotta Danger or Agent Havoc -- too cool!

And the rocks with the moss -- I can't suppress a fake rock fanboy über-squee when I see that moss! cheers

Thanks so much Dave! really pleased you enjoyed my take on the classic shot! I think Jessie works petty well in the hero role!

Chip wrote:
Loving the entries so far cheers cheers

I hope we get to see more too!

Back to top Go down
Randam Hajile
New Recruit
Randam Hajile

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 10:49 am

Great pictures!

Here's my little entry... H.P. Lovecraft-style.

When Sir Maurice Newbury fell under the spell of the Old Ones, Veronica Hobbes had to stop him. Even if it meant to shoot the love of her life...

MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 53114877980_faaf0c7c9a_5kNewbury and Hobbes -- Spell of the old Ones by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

These are fan versions of characters from George Mann's "Newbury & Hobbes" book series.

Hawkeye and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 12:22 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Finally after sorting a few bits and getting a bit of spare time!

MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 53095101834_9f1be2f2c9_cMiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Okay I’m really really liking the complete outfit that you’re Dr Diablos is wearing.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 12:22 pm

That’s very spooky done Randam Hajile.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 2:57 pm

I totally love the Victorian era costumes! The fellow even has a watch chain! The pleated skirt is nice, and I like the detailing on her blouse cuffs. Plus, cape = hawtness. Or coolness. Depends on who's wearing it.

The hovering, glowing Ghost of Cthulhu is very well done.

Nice shattered archway backdrop, too, with fallen brick details on the floor slabs.

The detailing on the eldritch tome the chap is absconding with is excellent!

An eerie and effective image!

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 3:35 pm

Wasn`t till Dave pointed it out , I noticed or realised what an excellent photo Randam Hajile has produced . Good stuff indeed .

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 3:38 pm

Chip wrote:
Wasn`t till Dave pointed it out , I noticed or realised what an excellent photo Randam Hajile has produced . Good stuff indeed .

I agree. Many layers to that pic and a lot of detail. Very nice figures.  cheers cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 5:44 pm

Clever re-purposing of the Peggy Carter head sculpt and Dr. Who figure. The Smith & Wesson Schofield revolver is a nice, retro touch as well. Thanks for contributing
Back to top Go down
Randam Hajile
New Recruit
Randam Hajile

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 9:05 pm

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm really impressed how closely you have looked at the photo. You even recognized the type of pistol. I'm still kind of unsatisfied with the overall framing and photo angle, as I had trouble aligning the background picture nicely. Also, I had to overly increase the aperture number to have a sufficient depth of field, which then forced me to crank up the gain ... But the photo still somewhat works Smile
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 9:11 pm

Randam Hajile wrote:
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm really impressed how closely you have looked at the photo. You even recognized the type of pistol. I'm still kind of unsatisfied with the overall framing and photo angle, as I had trouble aligning the background picture nicely. Also, I had to overly increase the aperture number to have a sufficient depth of field, which then forced me to crank up the gain ... But the photo still somewhat works Smile  

I've been collecting and shooting firearms since the age of 12. If anyone on this site were going to correctly identify that revolver, it would be me.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 7:28 am

Late to the party here Ralf, but thanks for taking part! That is an awesome pic! Love the characters bounce
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 4:19 pm

These are great threads I really enjoy them bounce bounce bounce here's my attempt using HM Armed Forces figure with Dr Who Actress Jodie Whittaker action figure that was made by the same company that produced the HMAF Figs

MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II 366755268-1078561356443210-4896760938404414896-n

Cheers Ian

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 5:30 pm

Great photo! Thanks for contributing!

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 6:53 pm

Great photo!  Thanks for contributing!

Thanks, Gary it's a cool thread and I enjoy taking part it gets the mind ticking Crazy lol! Cheers Ian

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 7:12 am

Great shot Ian!, you can feel the tension!

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II   MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MiskatonickNick Photo Emulation Challenge II
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next