ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

O Guage Hornby Train set

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

O Guage Hornby Train set  Empty
PostSubject: O Guage Hornby Train set    O Guage Hornby Train set  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2023 2:26 pm

O.k so here is the story behind why I got this set . When I was a nipper , My uncle gave me and my brothers this very train set as far as memory serves , though it was not boxed . I am not sure how long he had owned it , as he was a bit of a train enthusiast , and had a large 00 gauge set in his garage . Anyway as the years went by , like so many of our toys , I think this set must of been given away . I have often thought of getting a similar set in the past , and for some unknown reason , not that long ago , I started collecting vintage Britain's Zoo Animals , something else I had a large collection of as a kid that disappeared over time . Anyway the cogs turned , and I thought wouldn`t it be cool to have a train running around my Zoo . Smile  I am still a long way off getting this to come together , but at least I have a lot of components ready for it . Anyway here is a set I recently scored on eBay , I brought a boxed set of straight track , as the box of track I got with the set had a lot of bends . I also got a bonus railway crossing with the set that was not pictured , it`s a little dinged and banged but in working order and I think it adds to the sets charm , it also came with original key . My Misses is itching to see it running , so when we do set it up , will add some more pics .

O Guage Hornby Train set  P1170502

O Guage Hornby Train set  P1170504

O Guage Hornby Train set  P1170505

O Guage Hornby Train set  P1170508

O Guage Hornby Train set  P1170510

O Guage Hornby Train set  P1170513

O Guage Hornby Train set  P1170500

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

O Guage Hornby Train set  Empty
PostSubject: Re: O Guage Hornby Train set    O Guage Hornby Train set  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2023 3:44 pm

Oh! It's a clockwork set, not electric! That is TOO much fun!

What marvelous box art!

No wonder you felt compelled to replace this set from your childhood!

O Guage Hornby Train set
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Ammo Off Scale :: Off Scale Random Toys & Photos-
Jump to: