ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS

Go down 
+2
Scottish.Actionman.
BAMComix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Empty
PostSubject: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 5:41 am

I've recently been restoring this Tommy Gunn Talking SAS figure his talk box is quite fast if anyone knows how to slow this down it would be great Mad scratch I've kitted him out and added a couple of extra bits and put him on a Recce of the fromt window plant pot flower Suspect

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  401317027-10161348335893554-1755402488715584137-n

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  407200305-10161348335838554-2234766662130219830-n

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  407172866-10161348335618554-4482187064232292238-n

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  407270884-10161348335588554-3429800467146873976-n

BAMComix, TNshooter and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 6:15 am

Really nice figure Ian! The SAS have always been my fave uni.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 6:42 am

Hi there Ian my friend  cheers ,
That's a really nice job you've done with the Tommy Gunn talking S.A.S. commander  Suspect cheers He looks sharp and ready for missions  Ahead  cheers cheers cheers
And I am in agreement with Dal cheers  As The S.A.S. is my favourite unit within the Armed forces. These are the best of the best , And this is why the various Armed forces of the world send there best of there best for Special forces training with the S.A.S in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland 🥶 probably because it's so bloody cold up here 🥶 And that's just the Summer's  lol! lol! lol!
I'll speak to you soon Ian my friend  cheers 
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 2:44 pm

BAMComix wrote:
Really nice figure Ian! The SAS have always been my fave uni.

Thanks Dal He's pretty cool' I'm really getting into the old Tommy Gunn figures theyre pretty Boss king Laughing

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 2:55 pm

Scottish.Actionman. wrote:
That's a really nice job you've done with the Tommy Gunn talking S.A.S. commander  Suspect cheers He looks sharp and ready for missions  Ahead  cheers cheers cheers
And I am in agreement with Dal cheers  As The S.A.S. is my favourite unit within the Armed forces. These are the best of the best , And this is why the various Armed forces of the world send there best of there best for Special forces training with the S.A.S in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland 🥶 probably because it's so bloody cold up here 🥶 And that's just the Summer's  lol! lol! lol!
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Cheers Allan Yes I'm the same with the SAS and other Special Forces figures theyre very cool I've done a few bashes with different Action figures and even made my own version with my Sgt Yorky figures that I make, let me know what you think scratch here he is hope you like him Cheers Ian

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Canvas

Scottish.Actionman. likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 4:05 pm

Hi there Ian my friend  cheers
Your Sgt Yorky's head  reminds me slightly of the Tommy Gunn figures head , on first seeing him ;
I'm not sure about the hands and his body Ian cheers
Is he able to stand up unaided without the figure Stand.
His hands look like he may struggle to hold things , But As a background figure in a post ,I think he might work ok and fit in just fine .
I'll speak to you soon , Ian my friend  cheers
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 4:34 am

Hi there Ian my friend  cheers
Your Sgt Yorky's head  reminds me slightly of the Tommy Gunn figures head , on first seeing him ;
I'm not sure about the hands and his body Ian cheers
Is he able to stand up unaided without the figure Stand.
His hands look like he may struggle to hold things , But As a background figure in a post ,I think he might work ok and fit in just fine .
I'll speak to you soon , Ian my friend  cheers
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hi Allan Thanks for your comments appreciate it my friend, But to fill you in a bit more on this He's one of my own handmade creations done in the Style of the Original Vintage GI Joe Prototype "Rocky" that was originally designed by Don Levine back in the 1960s who was widely known as the Father of GI Joe after creating his Rocky prototype and thus inventing the very first Articulated Action Figure "GI Joe" I've built this Action figure using similar techniques and materials as used by Don Levine from back in the 60s. The head is sculpted and cast from resin and painted. The body is a 12-inch wooden Artists model that I have added my own handcrafted leather chest form to bulk out his slim wooden body, I have always been interested in the history of our Action figures and I wanted to see how it must have felt to work in the same style as Don Levine, his original Rocky was quite a roughly made example, so I try my hardest to make my figures have the same crudeness, down to even making my own boots hand sewn from leather and other materials depending on the style of the figure I make, anyway in a nutshell thats it but thanks for your interest I'll catch up with you later my friend Best Regards Ian

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 7:31 am

I know very little about Tommy Gunn, so I had no idea they made a talker. And I think the flocked heads are rare?

Very nice figure Ian! cheers

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2023 2:00 pm

TNshooter wrote:
I know very little about Tommy Gunn, so I had no idea they made a talker. And I think the flocked heads are rare?

Very nice figure Ian! cheers

Hi Daryl I also don't know a lot about them as I only recently started picking them up, This Talker was made by Zodiac and is a later issue from the series I believe heres a couple of photos showing the body and the talking string position, it is marked Made in Hong Kong

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  S-l1600

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  S-l16001

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  S-l16002

TNshooter and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 2:04 pm

Thank you very much for the very interesting information on your figure based on "Rocky"  by Don Levine. I totally understand now what you have done and think this is very well done by yourself with using the old school method  cheers cheers cheers 
My knowledge of Action man isn't that good at all.
With a memory the size of a gold fish due to my head injury , 
It's very hard to read anything and remember about it. It's a struggle to say the least  .lol! I'm just lucky I can  lol! a lot more about it than I have in the past  What a Face .
Thanks again Ian for the Knowledge on Rocky and your method of recreating him which I found very interesting my friend  cheers

Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2023 4:54 pm

Your Tommy Gunn Talking SAS figure looks awesome Hawkeye!cheers
Great job! cheers

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2023 12:44 pm

Thank you very much for the very interesting information on your figure based on "Rocky"  by Don Levine. I totally understand now what you have done and think this is very well done by yourself with using the old school method  cheers cheers cheers 
My knowledge of Action man isn't that good at all.
With a memory the size of a gold fish due to my head injury , 
It's very hard to read anything and remember about it. It's a struggle to say the least  .lol! I'm just lucky I can  lol! a lot more about it than I have in the past  What a Face .
Thanks again Ian for the Knowledge on Rocky and your method of recreating him which I found very interesting my friend  cheers

Very kind regards ,
Allan

Thank's Allan I'm really glad that you got what I have been trying to do with my Sgt Yorky figure I think your maybe one of a few who actually gets it, sorry that my explanation was quite long winded but I'm so passionate about what and why I did this I get a bit carried away lol! bounce but thanks for that and if I can get one person to understand that's a big lift for me cheers cheers cheers I'm so pleased you are able to laugh as what you have gone through and still living, must be a real nightmare I hope things get a lot better for you any you are able to laugh more Very Happy Take care my friend and catch up later Smile Ian

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2023 12:46 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Your Tommy Gunn Talking SAS figure looks awesome Hawkeye!cheers
Great job! cheers

Thanks Jim and yes he's pretty cool and a great addition to my growing TG team Cool Cool Suspect Cheers Ian

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2023 8:05 am

He looks great! It’s always nice to see a Tommy Gunn! They’re very rare over here. Only seen one in the flesh so to speak.

-Nate

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2023 2:54 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
He looks great! It’s always nice to see a Tommy Gunn! They’re very rare over here. Only seen one in the flesh so to speak.

-Nate

Thanks Nate He was in need of a bit of a repair to the arm socket and does speak a bit fast but I repaired the arm and can slow the talking by letting the string run through my fingers Crazy lol!

PostSubject: Re: Tommy Gunn Talking SAS    Tommy Gunn Talking SAS  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tommy Gunn Talking SAS
Page 1 of 1