ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Conglomeration Of Many Types

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KDM
Painted Head
KDM

A Conglomeration Of Many Types Empty
PostSubject: A Conglomeration Of Many Types   A Conglomeration Of Many Types Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 9:06 pm

The medics at my remote outpost have recently been presented with two new arrivals that need attention. They need a clean and a hair transplant, but their biggest issues are their complete lack of a body.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-1

I had a rummage in my spare parts supply and the best I could find was the torso with one arm from a dynamic physique plus a forearm to supplement the incomplete arm.  I also have the torso and legs of what I presume was originally a Bullet Man. I think these are the same bodies as the GI Joe muscle bodies.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-2

The obvious solution would have been to put the dynamic physique arms on the Bullet Man body, but they do not fit well as the Bullet Man shoulder sockets are bigger and makes the fit loose.
I felt the best plan would be to put the dynamic torso on the Bullet man legs. I split the thighs, which is easier to do on the Bullet Man than on the dynamic physique bodies.
The dynamic torso does not fit well on the Adventure Team labelled underpants, you could make it work, bit it would limit articulation. Therefore he has to keep the Action Man labelled underpants.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-3  

The white discs on the attachments for the legs are too large for the Bullet Man legs, they could be trimmed down, but if the lengths were slightly different I feared it would give a floppy fit. So I got the chaps to cut the piece off, but leave the bar it attaches to intact.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-4

I made a replacement with elastic cord, the knots could be repositioned to finetune the fit and the elasticity would make it a little more forgiving of errors.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-5

Time to rebuild.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-6

I made a neck post from a pen. I did not have a hand, so I filled down the wrist peg on a 40th replacement hand until it fit.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-7

All assembled it seemed to work.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-8

I am not into having scantily clad men wondering about so I grabbed him the first set of kit that came to hand.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-9

Sent him out on patrol to see if he would hold up.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-12

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-11

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM_conglomeration-10

The other chap is still just a head as I have nothing more to give him at the moment beyond a hat.

A Conglomeration Of Many Types VAM-conglomeration-extra-1

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
https://karlmidlanephotography.zenfoliosite.com/my-gallery
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: A Conglomeration Of Many Types   A Conglomeration Of Many Types Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 9:54 pm

I was so pleased that the two vam medics rebuilt and gave attention to one of these two vams new arrivals. It’s action-tastic to see him all assembled, clothed and out and about in the hills.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: A Conglomeration Of Many Types   A Conglomeration Of Many Types Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 11:52 pm

A very informative post, and nice innovation in the repair cheers cheers cheers

Use of the elastic in the leg repair is very innovative, a nice tip to remember.

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: A Conglomeration Of Many Types   A Conglomeration Of Many Types Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:14 am

Yay! another guy saved. Top work fella!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: A Conglomeration Of Many Types   A Conglomeration Of Many Types Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 1:37 am

MEDICS! cheers cheers cheers
Awesome photos! cheers

PostSubject: Re: A Conglomeration Of Many Types   A Conglomeration Of Many Types Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Conglomeration Of Many Types
Page 1 of 1