ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winter Patrol

Go down 
+3
Sparkys6887
inntruderr61
DrDalek6
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 pm

We had some reasonably deep snow Friday/Saturday seeing as I was heading out anyway I decided to take some photos of the guys on patrol on the way back although my hands just wanted to ge tback home and ge twarm so I didn't put a smuch effor tin a sI probably should have.

Unfortunately at the Botanics we've been brushing snow off the plants and checking them for damage and there's been plenty, we had to call in the tree gang for a big branch high up on one of the pines, a Choisya's been split down the stems, an Eriobtrya (Loquat) was damaged just after I pruned it last week Mad as was a Judas Tree and a Rhododendron, we've had several Camellias damaged at least one severly ripped and a Syringia uprooted! goodness only knows what we'll find tomorrow

Winter Patrol P1030412_zps254f26b6

You probably wouldn't know it by these photos and the depth of snow but, Scott's trying out the snowshoes which I managed to poke the elastic or whatever you call it back through the hole so it'll stay on his feet on Friday while I was sorting/tidying

Winter Patrol P1030413_zps8f84053b

Winter Patrol P1030421_zps875282e8

Winter Patrol P1030424_zps76cf9074

Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Finally the view across Rivelin Valley

Winter Patrol P1030410_zpsa49001c6
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Great pics! cheers Sorry to hear about your trees/plants damage... Crying or Very sad
My Joes have Spring fever and want winter to end...lol
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 am

Sorry to hear about the damage caused to the plants and trees at the botanical Scott :-( Though I must say all that snow makes for great Action man play time :-). Great pictures
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 am

super shots scott, they look great cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 am

Fantastic pictures Scott , that's quite a lot of snow you had there.
The last picture of the landscape looks very nice. All the more so in snow I think.
Great to see you made the most of it by getting these lil fella's out. They look very at home out in the snow. Great uploads !
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:59 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great pics! cheers Sorry to hear about your trees/plants damage... Crying or Very sad
My Joes have Spring fever and want winter to end...lol

Thanks mate just shows how bad the snow wa sand probably the wind as well pllus the plants starting into growth, every day we seem to have been finiding more damged stuff No . I've got to agree with you I'm not really much of a one for hot summer weather but, I'm looking forward to the nice gentle warmth of spring to being able to wear some lighter clothes and enjoy the warmth.

Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:05 pm

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Sorry to hear about the damage caused to the plants and trees at the botanical Scott :-( Though I must say all that snow makes for great Action man play time :-). Great pictures

Indeed I love snow but, as I said to the guys at work this time it's crossed the line Evil or Very Mad Smile one of the gardeners had a bit of an overreaction to all the damage it's certainly a real shame that it's damaged so many nice plants so bad and indeed that we've lost a couple and on an area which I normally maintain more the ptiy but, I've got to say I'm not going to get to upset about it and I've enjoyed all the pruning now I'm looking forward to getting back to BTCV our boss was off on holiday last week and we didn't have much cover so we had the week off plus snow cancelled Tuesdays task.
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
super shots scott, they look great cheers

Thanks mate glad you like them Surprised have left the guys out on patrol at Botanics while I'm at BTCV tomorrow I'm planning on going in over the Bank Holidays as usual (weekends are long enough for me I just get bored and lazy) so they won't be on their own to long
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 pm

ghost recon wrote:
Fantastic pictures Scott , that's quite a lot of snow you had there.
The last picture of the landscape looks very nice. All the more so in snow I think.
Great to see you made the most of it by getting these lil fella's out. They look very at home out in the snow. Great uploads !

Thanks we had a reasonable depth there's still plenty left piled up in the garden, outside the gate on Saturday morning where we hadn't shovelled it it was about 28cm Surprised I thought those outfits would look good in the snow
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:48 am

Awesome valley shot.. Its perfect for me as I have not seen the UK before so any local shots are AWESOME!!!!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 am

Great photos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Ice cool photos to help keep you cool on hot days  Cool

As part of AMMO's 5th Anniversary celebrations, I thought it to be a good idea to revisit some of the older posts that helped make this forum grow into one of the friendliest, and diverse Action Man forums available. cheers

Sponsored content

Winter Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Patrol   Winter Patrol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Patrol
Page 1 of 1