ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sir Sid's Finest

Go down 
+31
Walter1965
Fonnezz
Scramble Pilot
thierry
Jet-
Rossini
Glidah Drivah
AManfromcoalville
vam78
blueboxier
Captian action
Joe90
BrandontheFigureFreak
SJ7
Ddaydawson
action bob
clivvers
Wolf_Soldier64
zulu1
Tof
Sparkys6887
Danthecoat
ak615
BAMComix
somekindajoe
Bond007ca
inntruderr61
SlackElastic
Beatlefan
ghost recon
Professor Gangrene Fan
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 4:18 am

clivvers wrote:
It looks like you're going to need a house extention built, just to house your growing collection!

lol! lol! lol! 

funny you should say that, I'm actually finishing off a room next to The Crypt in the basement which will be 18' by 10', The Crypt is 20' by 10', however the new room is going to be the home of my model railway, a lifelong dream about to finally come true
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm pleased to meet another model railway enthusiast, I've still got some of my childhood 00 Triang/Hornby trains, some are still in their original boxes  Very Happy 

Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 pm

My Dad has a huge hornby three rail layout. I would love to have something similar but it would have to be three rail too and more space!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Sparkys6887 wrote:
My Dad has a huge hornby three rail layout. I would love to have something similar but it would have to be three rail too and more space!!!!

What I like about model railways is: you can lose yourself in your own little world and recreate any era in miniture, it doesn't have to be vintage, the modern stuff is fantastically detailed, I've got a mixture of both Very Happy

I've still got lots of my of 1960's Super4 track, a mint boxed station set from 1967/68, a Triang Nellie in blue, some boxed 1st/2nd issue Pullman coaches/wagons, diesels, and some of my childhood catalogues  Very Happy  Very Happy

My after school Mecca used to be the 'Platform Two' model railway shop down Wimbledon high street (1975), I still dream about that place  Very Happy 

Whilst everyone was out pubbing and clubbing, I was collecting and reliving my childhood past  Very Happy

Must dash, I've got a train to catch!

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 am

clivvers wrote:

I'm pleased to meet another model railway enthusiast, I've still got some of my childhood 00 Triang/Hornby trains, some are still in their original boxes   Very Happy 

I have been planning a model railway for over 30 years and i am determined to have one now that i have plenty of space.
About 15 years ago I sold all my stock, which i partially regret, only because i used the cash to invest in VAM.
These past couple of years though I have been buying items on Ebay, I collect 00 guage British Rail from the 50's 60's period.
my plan is for a 18' by 10' layout.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Sid,

That sounds great!, the 50's & 60's era is my fave too (green diesels and steam locos!). You'll be able to cram loads onto an 18'x10' baseboard, including a must have covered 'Terminus' station and wagon shunting yard. My fave wagons at the moment are, my large 1970's/1980's 'Shell' tankers, I can't get enough of these.

You will find out your real age when you start crawling under your layout to get to the operators hole in the middle, that's when the back and knee joints start giving you jip!  lol!

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Cool deal on the model railway SirSid! Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:59 pm

clivvers wrote:
Sid,

That sounds great!, the 50's & 60's era is my fave too (green diesels and steam locos!). You'll be able to cram loads onto an 18'x10' baseboard, including a must have covered 'Terminus' station and wagon shunting yard. My fave wagons at the moment are, my large 1970's/1980's 'Shell' tankers, I can't get enough of these.

You will find out your real age when you start crawling under your layout to get to the operators hole in the middle, that's when the back and knee joints start giving you jip!  lol!

my favourite period too, I love the mix of steam and diesel.

don't worry I feel my age already

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 11:12 pm

Seeing a OO three rail A Class Sir Nigel Greesly steam along the track with the Duchess of Atholl complete with working royal mail coach steaming in the other direction. A Castle Class taking on water whilst in the sidings a diesel shunter is doing its work as an EMU is waiting at the level crossing. Terriers, Standard Class. The Mallard. I was lucky enough to see my dad's layout grow but now sadly he is packing it away. At 20 X 18 the layout is to big for him to manage. He modeled farms. Army bases, scout camps. Tunnels and bridges. There was a graveyard at the church and a wedding ceremony. The street lamps lit as dusk drew near and the motorbikes gathered outside the pub. I'll miss seeing it when I visit. I still think he should fight for it but he's giving up :-(

Can't wait to see your layout sir Sidney :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 am

Sounds wonderful Mark, it's amazing how many of us VAM enthusiasts have such similar likes.

I'm hoping to have the room finished by the end of next month and start baseboard construction in May.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:27 am

My marine paratrooper. Posted especially for Ade. Hope you like them mate.

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Gijoe1_zps36b8e090

Last edited by sirsidneyruffdiamond on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:28 am

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Gijoe2_zps0d0d001d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:32 am

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Gijoe3_zps12113c41
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:33 am

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Gijoe4_zps3a315b38
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 8:38 am

Cracking example mate! Well tidy Smile

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:05 am

great figure sid !, a real corker mate  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:49 am

very nice
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:22 am

Looks totally awesome sir Sidney :-)
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:27 am

Nice example, Sirsid!  Very Happy 

ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Thank you kindly Sirsidney. He is so very nice my friend. I am there with the set , Just have the wrong bally ammo pouch lol. Have the M1 carbine somewhere here too , Just memory not what it once was so can't locate the one I have with the strap lol.
Easier if you send this one really , Then I don't have to worry about finding the pouch etc lol. Great uploads my friend. Thank you so much.

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:49 pm

Thx for all the great comments guys, he's in the mail Ade along with the Statetrooper and 1st issue frogman

lol! lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: just arrived today   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:51 am

original vintage silver star, I had one previously which was stolen, it's taken me quite a while but at long last I have another

Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Oshawa-20140325-02066_zps8ad8ef7d
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 12:51 pm

very nice Silver star Sir Sid, i have one on my Green beret,  Very Happy 

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:26 pm

well done sir sid on getting another medal ! top work mate  cheers 
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers 

PostSubject: Re: Sir Sid's Finest   Sir Sid's Finest - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sir Sid's Finest
Page 17 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next