Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi guys this is one of my latest customs in a series that I'm going to call the autograph series, hence the white cut out in the grass display stand. As you may know, David James, the ex-England goal keeper is a very keen Action Man collector. I've seen him many times at the old Cheshunt fairs and I've been keeping him up to speed on Action Man days 1 & 2. He couldn't make the first as it was a Saturday and it doesn't look as though he will make this one as he has just signed as a player/coach in Iceland. Just sent these off to David for his approval and hopefully get the base signed asap. This is all VAM and scrap.
OK guys, a few more ideas for celebrities in any walk of life, arts, entertainment, sport, etc. I've got a few in mind but they've got to be distinctive. EG all snooker players look the same unless you added the big Dennis Taylor glasses. See where I'm coming from? So, if you're a football fan, you'll remember David's plaited hair from the 90's.

Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
SCRAMBLE PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Wow! Didn't see this one coming!!!! I would guess he's going to be incredibly flattered, and 'Over the moon!' !!!!

If he's a keen collector, he's going to know straightaway that this isn't just a generic goalkeeper custom, but a great personal tribute, and the cornrow hairstyle is instantly recognizable to any footy fan.

Just needs the signature!! Congratulations, superb work!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:18 pm

that is awesome Vaughan !! WOW !!!!! your attention to detail there is incredible, yet still managing to keep him Vam !! Having seen this one it makes me wonder what other gems are awaiting at ACTIONMAN DAY 2 !!!!! Top job my friend, two thumbs up from me !!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Fantastically well done custom Vaughan. He is just stunning.
As for ideas..........The two Ronnies I'd love to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bond007ca
Armoured Car Commander

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Speachless Mate!.

I dont follow UK soccer but your attention to detail is AWESOME

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks guys. the two Ronnies mmmmmmmmmmmm? For our American friends, they were a UK comedy double act. I'm part way through the Abbey Road album cover, proving a bit difficult keeping it all VAM. But I'll get there in the end, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Great stuff Vaughan! Can't wait to see the abbey road album cover! That'll be a treat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:43 am

Two Ronnies???? I love them to Ade but didn't Vaughan say it's a signature set? Might be difficult getting Ronnie Barkers signature unless you have greater powers than your letting on PMSL how about Brucie complete with tash and chin?

By the way Vaughan I hate soccer with a passion yet that was instantly recognisable and a stunning example of your work.

I must be very tired as my mind is pretty sick. You could do a goaly series using Atomic mans dodgy atomic eye for Gordon Banks, Sorry!! :-) and a BP EE with broken neck elastic for that, I think German Goaly playing in England who broke his neck and carried on playing. He must have been well hard so a muscle body would be great Sorry again, just that my meds aren't working so well this evening
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Great stuff Vaughan! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Excellent work!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Forge their signatures Mark. After all , it is supposed to be 66-84 so I reckon Vaughan may get away with it. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Brilliant custom Vaughan 1st class cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Lovely bash, I've watched 'Jamo' play for Liverpool many times, if your bash is fully accurate he will never be able to hold that ball! Very Happy

I was talking to the 'toy' guy at Vectis a while ago at the Bolton show and he mentioned David James was selling all his AM collection, by all accounts the full collection is stunning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s   

Back to top Go down

Seirra1 Custom DAVID JAMES ENGLAND goal keeper 1990s
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1