Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!!   Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:49 pm

Right, you know G.I Joe have got two movies out already G.I. Joe: The Invasion of Cobra Island and G.I. Joe: Retaliation so why, why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!! My question is if they ever did decided to make an Action Man movie, who would play Action Man for YOU and what would be the plot look like????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!!   Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:32 pm

I don't know Ackie???
I would like to see an Adventure Team Joe movie... Or 1960's Military Joe movie...
I'm not really into this new Cobra stuff...

I will have to think about your question...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe90
Heavy Weapons

PostSubject: Re: Why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:37 am

Do you mean VAM or MAM movie?

Well, a VAM movie would be basically a War movie because the adventure or football guys wouldn't do a shoot'em up. and that might not be a big box office draw, unless there was lots of sex. Can't think of who would be a great Action Man.

Now, on the other hand, MAM could be a great spy/adventure movie with lots of gun play. I think that the perfect person to play a modern Action Man would be, uhm...

George Michaels! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bond007ca
Red Devil

PostSubject: Re: Why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:35 am

I think that an indy film would be pretty cool..... What I loved and still love about my guys and all of the ones pictured here in your collection and everyone elses is that there is so much left for us to imagine... and picture etc...

I have been a Joe fan from the first 3 3/4 I got who was grunt.... and then my first Muscle Body Adventurer who I thought was Chuck Norris and I agree I am not into the new Joe Movies .... IMHO it takes away from the joes I had and loved...

As for a good AM... Really have to think of that one too... A lot of actors from the 70's come to mind...

Good thread Ackie...

Len
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AManfromcoalville
Heavy Weapons

PostSubject: Re: Why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 am

'..... why, why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!!'

There was a cartoon version with MAM - I've never seen it but a quick search...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_YUasvbvro

I assume it comes down to fan base and how much money can be made?
As I understand it, Modern GI Joe was a successfully marketed toy that appealed to adults and young people. That market via the film industry has been extended with many of it's audience going to see 'Action' movies without necessarily knowing anything about the history of GI Joe.

Modern Action Man was always more successful in Europe, but in the UK he's... well, I'll just say too derisive a figure for many 'collectors'. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

Why DON'T they make an ACTION MAN MOVIE!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1