ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May Interview - ak615

Go down 
+7
Reddragon
Bond007ca
Joe90
gibri
AManfromcoalville
somekindajoe
BAMComix
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

May Interview - ak615 Empty
PostSubject: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Name ?

Andy

Online name ?

ak615

Location ?

Essex

First vam/joe/mam or 1/6 figure ?

That would be a blonde flock haired hard hand basic soldier.I thought I`d been sold a pup when I first opened it as all the other kids action men had painted heads, I was embarrassed by it I thought the others would laugh at me,kudos was then granted by one of the older boys next door being suitably impressed that I had the latest Action man this was further enhanced when my best friend back then got a flock haired hard hand talking commander.
Favourite figure now ?
That`s a toughie as I`ve got a few,I recently got a few pieces of my childhood Action man stuff back and in it was the head and beret off my first figure and my brothers first Action man (brown haired gripper) so it would have to be these two as they hold great memories.
Most desired item ?

Until recently it would have been my childhood stuff but as that particular Holy Grail has been partially filled I`m into the RMET stuff I`ve been trying to a boat for the set for over year then I get three within two months !!! oh and a team control centre would be nice .
What will you do with your collection as you get older ?
Hopefully get it on display as I now have somewhere to display it and something to display it in,at the moment the cabinet houses 4 figures the rest of my stuff is still exiled in boxes in the shed.

Do you set yourself a budget ?

Yes ,Do I stick to it ? No, as often happens something you have been looking for often turns up while bidding/buying something else.
Worst vam/joe/mam or 1/6 figure ?
Ken come on feller talk about letting the side down.

Views on 40th reproductions ?

I thought they were fantastic although the figures were a let down,they were pitched at the right price I initially started buying them as presents for my youngest and my nephews then one or two for myself that`s how it snowballs.Also being able to stand in Modellers loft and feel 9 years old again while looking at shelves full of Action manstuff was priceless.
Some say it killed the vintage prices , I say they the prices were probably kept artificially high by traders if it means you can get the vintage pieces you want at a fair price as a true collector what`s the problem.

Worst item of the vam/joe/mam or 1/6 range ?

Hmm worst item they all have their good and bad points I suppose if came down to it it would have to be the Action man helicopter,great design let down by poor materials, how any of these survived Christmas morning I`ll never know.

Best thing about collecting vam/joe/mam or 1/6 figures ?

The happy memories it brings back and being able to share those with others who had similar back in the day.
I also enjoy the customising aspect of it all I think it bring greater scope to the hobby.
Do you think your collection will be collectible in the future ?

Probably not as Somekindajoe said the market will shrink as most of the collectors move on to the other side,you might find a few MAM collectors wanting it as part
Of the history of their figure but in about 25 years time that`ll probablly be it so enjoy it now.
If you did not collect vam/joe/mam or 1/6 figures, what would you collect ?
Money LOL
Why do you like ammo ?

It`s great to be amongst like minded people who don`t take themselves too seriously and enjoy the collecting/nostalgia bug and don`t look down their noses at others.
It`s also a broad church what with the stories, customs, collection etc what`s not to like .
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 5:01 pm

awesome interview mate !! thanks for taking the time to do our interview cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Great interview Andy! I could really relate to the story about you getting your 1st fuzzy AM. When I got 'Joe' he was the 1st fuzzy me, my mates and my school friends had ever seen. We sat examining the flock deciding if we actually liked this new 'improvement' or not. The assorted colours you can see in the palitoy brown flock didn't rteally impress us 10 year olds. Still kids are a fickle lot and a few weeks later we were looking down on old fashioned, out dated PH's (yes really Ade!) and demoting them to the things you didn't use your best AM for...parachuting etc!
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Always great to read your thoughts, Andy - and looking forward to hearing them on AMan2 Day! cheers cheers cheers

Flocksters - what are and you and SKJ like? So young, so fickle!!! lol!

I can remember the adverts, and I really wasn't impressed with that realistic hair! LOLOLOL!!! Mind you when the google-eyes were introduced my sneer stre e e e etched to new limits!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:53 am

Great interview, Andy, I always enjoy reading your perspective too. Smile

Loved reading about how you felt looking at the VAM40 sets in Modeler's Loft. That must have been a real treat. We were in London at about that time and I was so hoping to see some Action Man in the stores. We made it to Harrod's but no AM joy there. I knew about Modeler's Loft and went as far as finding the location, but with family and all, and so many things to do and see I was never able to get there.

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:29 am

Well Done!

Rick
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:58 am

Good onteriew, Andy. I remember being unimpressed, as a boy, with the Marine Jungle Fighter which is now a grail piece for many PH collectors.
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 5:06 am

Thanks for sharing

Len
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Very interesting interview, great stuff
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Very good interview Andy. Thanks for taking part & sharing your views.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Great interview Andy, I know exactly what you mean about standing in Modellers Loft!!!

I used to love my regular visits there before the Caterham shop closed Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Great insight to your world Andy!

Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:30 am

Just catching up with the interviews. Really enjoyed reading yours Andy so thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 am

I'm catching up as well Andy, great read mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May Interview - ak615   May Interview - ak615 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

May Interview - ak615
Page 1 of 1