Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Rogue-Trooper
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Two quid for a fully articulated JB style mam is a bargain.

Great find Clive cheers

THEY BOUGHT ME A BOX OF TIN SOLDIERS
I THREW ALL THE GENERALS AWAY
I SMASHED UP THE SARGENTS AND MAJORS
NOW I PLAY WITH MY PRIVATES ALL DAY.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm

#Here's something unique and interesting I forgot to mention ages ago,

Amongst my cameraMAM special function figures (Photo Mission) that I found at car boot sales, are some that still hold film inside of them. I reckon they contain images of some lucky fella's back garden play with his Action man figures. Hopefully there will be photos of mixed figures in a battle diorama against the evil Dr. X. I will keep the rolls of film very safe in case in the future someone will recognize them when they hopefully travel the nostalgic Action Man journey like we all do. I will get them developed in the future and hopefully the film is ok... How cool can it get to have childhood photos of you with your Action Man figures inside an Action Man Time Capsule  Cool  Cool  Cool

I also have a MAM with someone's name written on it in permanent ink pen, that figure is stored in a safe place ready to be reunited with it's original owner at some point  Very Happy
I'm also still trying to get my hands on some Super 8? footage of me from my childhood playing at being soldiers with my Action Man owning friends, the footage is in colour and from 1971. Apparently an aunty of mine seems to have misplaced the DVD in her house somewhere, hopefully I will be able to speak to her about it this week  bounce  

Action Man Photo Mission:

Long Live MAM. cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:40 pm

It is an interesting figure Clive

LIKE MY PHOTO'S, CHECK OUT MY FLICKR https://www.flickr.com/photos/116276346@N05/with/39426388644/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Very cool Clive!!!

I would have to get that film developed.

I have a vintage Joe footlocker with some kid's name on it. Never thought of trying to look him up,not sure it could be done.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:17 am

Thanks Dal  Smile

gibri wrote:
Very cool Clive!!!

I would have to get that film developed.

I have a vintage Joe footlocker with some kid's name on it. Never thought of trying to look him up,not sure it could be done.

cheers cheers cheers
That's great Bri, it's always interesting when you have someone's name on an item, it get's you thinking: what life did they have? and where are they now? It'll be quite a task tracking him down, Google his name and G.I.JOE, you never know, he might have mentioned it somewhere on the internet?
Smile

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:21 pm

I found these photos today on my black box, they have been missing from this thread for ages. This is a typical small tidy find for a Sunday morning, I've had some boot sale hauls that needed two trips back to my HQ to get it all home...

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:20 pm

nice one clive!

LIKE MY PHOTO'S, CHECK OUT MY FLICKR https://www.flickr.com/photos/116276346@N05/with/39426388644/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gunner Munro
Mine Detection

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Fantastic update Clive,
Some top finds I must say Cool

The car boots near me are not turning much up at the moment- but I'll keep searching Rolling Eyes

Having said that - got a good bargain I think off e-bay a couple of weeks back . will post separately .. but all I need to say is mortar attack cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks Dal and Gunner, there's far too much to do all the updates of what I have found over the years, it's brought me to a standstill, but one day it will happen.

Since taking the above photo I now know what the orange Y shaped thing is in photo 3, it's a seat belt that I think is for the MAM "Super Turbo" vehicle, which I have hiding under the spare room bed, but I still need the front silver grey coloured crash bumper for it though.

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:02 am

Interesting figures & accessories Clivves! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Thanks Jim,

My thread here is in chaos after the Photobucket (sorry to use a swear word) rear assault. I found some more photos on my black box, some of them are on actionmanworld.com, but there's lots more to still post. Hopefully I can take some new fresh photos very very soon of my collection that came via car boot sales, including all the Shore Patrol carded outfits I found, I'm still in the middle of trying to tub everything up so it will be easier to take pictures of  Very Happy

Watch this space here, and the other place..

Back to top Go down
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:35 pm

clivvers wrote:
Thanks Jim,

My thread here is in chaos after the Photobucket (sorry to use a swear word) rear assault. I found some more photos on my black box, some of them are on actionmanworld.com, but there's lots more to still post. Hopefully I can take some new fresh photos very very soon of my collection that came via car boot sales, including all the Shore Patrol carded outfits I found, I'm still in the middle of trying to tub everything up so it will be easier to take pictures of  Very Happy

Yay that’s Actiontastic news to see typed that you’ve got lots more to still post and that your hopefully I going to take some new fresh photos very very soon of your collection that came via car boot sales. Well it’s just wonderful to see you type that your still in the middle of trying to tub everything up so it will be easier to take pictures of Very Happy.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:27 pm

clivvers wrote:
Thanks Jim,

Ok will be watching... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:14 am

Limited Edition Car Boot Sale Report 29/1/2018:

I finally went to a car boot sale after not going for so long and here's what I found/saw:

1. MAM comic (No.41 Nov 1999) @ 50p.

2. I saw another MAM Toxic red robot X but i had to pass on it, I already have quite a bundle of these already in different colours.

3. I passed on a green army Cherilea armourd car again, I already have a few of these, the gun was missing..

..apart from that, there wasn't anything else of interest at the tiny boot sale on sunday morning, I was only there for half an hour, but at least I enjoyed the bumpy bus ride with my bad back Sad . A few weeks ago I found a factory sealed MAM DVD and another MAM ice skater at a charity shop for £1 each. Apparently, MAM are flying off the charity shop shelves into the hands of ebay dealers £££, that's why it's getting harder to find MAM like I used to. At least i came away from the boot sale with some brand new checked Ben Shirman and Brutus style shirts at £5 for the pair.

clivvers @ You're So Pretty Becky O @ 2018  I love you

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:46 am

clivvers wrote:
Limited Edition Car Boot Sale Report 29/1/2018:

I finally went to a car boot sale after not going for so long and here's what I found/saw:

1. MAM comic (No.41 Nov 1999) @ 50p.

2. I saw another MAM Toxic red robot X but i had to pass on it, I already have quite a bundle of these already in different colours.

3. I passed on a green army Cherilea armourd car again, I already have a few of these, the gun was missing..

..apart from that, there wasn't anything else of interest at the tiny boot sale on sunday morning, I was only there for half an hour, but at least I enjoyed the bumpy bus ride with my bad back Sad . A few weeks ago I found a factory sealed MAM DVD and another MAM ice skater at a charity shop for £1 each. Apparently, MAM are flying off the charity shop shelves into the hands of ebay dealers £££, that's why it's getting harder to find MAM like I used to. At least i came away from the boot sale with some brand new checked Ben Shirman and Brutus style shirts at £5 for the pair.

clivvers @ You're So Pretty Becky O @ 2018  I love you

Thanks for sharing your experience Clivvers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:50 am

Yay it was so lovely to read your Car Boot Sale Report. May it continue my swapping buddy.

Gunner Munro
Mine Detection

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:03 pm

Well done Clivvers for braving the elements !! _ I'm deffo a charity shop guy during the winter lol! lol!

Carry on Booting cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Car Boot Sale Report 4/2/2018:

Don't hold your breath!:

I got to the tiny boot sale by 8:06am late, because of the train service starts late at my local station, so I was going to miss out to the ebay toy hunter dealers, it was a bitterly cold northly wind blowing @ 14mph..

I just missed out on a nice bundle of X8 mint MAM and a small bag of what looked like vam'ish uniforms, I picked up the bag to inspect it and the seller told me that it had been sold to the dealer standing in front of me, if only I had of been 2 minutes earlier then I would of blagged the lot, the cheeky ebay dealer asked me if I wanted to buy them off him, but I delclined at his high would be prices/profit, the funny thing is, he accidently tipped up a large tray full of toy Dinky type cars as he stuffed his haul into his large holdall, they went everywhere, there was about a 100 of them and he had to pick them all up, I had to walk away, he also asked me if vam items can still be found at boot sales £££, I said no, only I'm allowed to find and save them lol!...

There was a few other loose MAM being sold by other sellers but I passed on them as I already have many of them already, the Cherilia armoured car was still on sale at that boot sale, it even has the grey coloured machingun, the wheels are pretty rusty, but could easily be sorted out with a bit of wet 'n dry rubbing paper and some WD40, but I still passed on it... All I came home with was a recent Hasbro Batman figure for £2, I'm a big Batman fan, it has limited articulation on the arms and legs, it'll be good for MAM photo stories... The boot sale season hasn't properly started yet, it's always a slow start for me at the beginning of the year, so it should pick up come springtime..  bounce

A poor showing so far for 2018..

Back to top Go down
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:06 pm

Oh that’s a shame that you missed out on a nice bundle of X8 mint MAM and a small bag of what looked like vam'ish uniforms Sad but hey they is always next time swapping buddy. OMG you you PASSED on a few other loose MAM being sold by other sellers because you already have many of them already, that’s not like you Clive to pass on loose mam, I’m SHOCKED. So after looking around this car boot sale you came home with was a recent Hasbro Batman figure for £2, that’s not bad. I’ve learnt something new about you from reading this car boot sale report that your a big Batman fan.

Thanks for sharing the latest car boot sale report with us, looking forward to reading more in the future, hopefully with some pictures of what you’ve bought.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:48 pm

Crazy experience Clivves! Hope things pick up!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018    

Back to top Go down

My Boot Sale Sorties.. Latest Action Figure Finds! Updated 4/2/2018
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9