Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome thestoryofactionman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Welcome  thestoryofactionman Empty
PostSubject: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Hiya mate, welcome to ammo !! looking forward to your future posts !
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
NAVY FROGMAN
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello & welcome from me too.
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Action Sailor
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Welcome to the forum!!

Cheers from Canada

Len
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:37 pm

A very warm welcome Tony, from Carol & Vaughan. Please can I introduce this famous name to those of you who don't know him. Tony Roberts (storyofactionman) is Australia's number one collector and writer, director and producer of the forthcoming film, The Story of Action Man, and the chap responsible for getting the old Coalville team back together. Thanks for accepting my invitation to join, Tony, it's the number one forum, believe me. All the best Carol & Vaughan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Welcome mate, I am looking forward to your film
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Hey Tony

Great to have you here. Now post the pics of your fantastic collection Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Now I can't wait to see your collection and your film. oh and welcome from me too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:10 am

Welcome thestoryofactionman to Action Man Mobile Ops Forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome. And a special thanks to Vaughan for such a wonderful introduction. The forum looks fantastic and I'm hoping to become a massive contributor of photos, tips and general Action Man knowledge over the coming months.

For those who don't know me; I am a former British army soldier who worked on the private security circuit in Iraq for over four years. I am also a lifelong fan of all things Action Man (yes, I even appreciate modern AM) although my collection only covers the Palitoy era. I have been seriously collecting since 1996 and my collection features some 250+ figures, vehicles and carded outfits. I collect everything from first issue painted hair figures right through to the swansong that was the "Special Team". I also collect painted hair era GI Joes (my most recent addition being a mint and complete Marine Jungle Fighter which I have been coveting for many years now).

Up until recently I was considered an Action Man "Purist", only collecting Palitoy outfits and displaying them exactly as they had been released back in the day. I wasn't against Action Man customs, they just weren't for me...

... Well that all changed two years ago when I first met Vaughan. I completely understood and appreciated his perspective on customising; using only original Palitoy accessories and a little imagination his customs stood out from the crowd. I think the key reason they appealed to me so much was because they still looked like toys and NOT models. Again, I'm not against the customisers who utilise Dragon Model accessories but for me the hobby had always been about a nostalgic love of toys. I didn't have models as a kid and my Action Man's rifle never had so much detail that it could be stripped for cleaning, so sticking to Vaughan's Guidelines I started customising Action Man figures about 18 months ago and I've never looked.

At present I'm eight weeks away from moving into a new house in Perth, Western Australia and sadly my collection is all boxed up at the moment in preparation for the move. But once my new Action Man headquarters is established in early August I'll be sure to post as many photos as I can.

I've also got a few new customs up my sleeve so watch this space...

Until then, thanks again for the warm welcome and please check out my website www.thestoryofactionman.com I'll hopefully have some news on the film in the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
Joe90
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Howdy! Welcome!

Do you know many of the VAM collectors in OZ?

One long time collector is Woozle. There is another long timer who had a site but I lost track of it and can't remember his name. We corresponded back around 1995 and discussed a chocolate brown MP uniform. I suspected it was a dye job (expertly done) but he claimed that there was a very early, and very rare chocolate brown MP released the first year. I'd like to find him and reconnect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:58 pm

I know of Woozle as well as V8mikey in Melbourne. Another big collector in Sydney was Steve Swan although I lost touch with him many years ago.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Howdy! Welcome!

Do you know many of the VAM collectors in OZ?

One long time collector is Woozle. There is another long timer who had a site but I lost track of it and can't remember his name. We corresponded back around 1995 and discussed a chocolate brown MP uniform. I suspected it was a dye job (expertly done) but he claimed that there was a very early, and very rare chocolate brown MP released the first year. I'd like to find him and reconnect.

All that sounds intriguing Doug, I'd like to know more if you do reconnect and woozle is a name ive not heard for years though i cant think where from maybe UAMHQ ???

Anyways i digress Smile

Great that you have joined us Tony and do you have any old pictures to keep us sated untill the new layout. I remember looking at your collection moons ago and thinking WOW

and that WOW really dont cover it folks

Cmon Tony whet our whistles (lol)

THANKS AGAIN cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers :cheers

I know V8 Mikey and i dont think ive ever seen a picture of ANY of his collection ??????????????

Not a single pic ??????? SPOOKY EH ??
Back to top Go down
Joe90
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Woozle used to post at The Sandbox back during its heyday.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Sandbox another blast from the past Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:29 pm

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif?o=4

Trying to load images from photo bucket using my iPhone but I don't think I've got the hang of it yet lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Anyone got any tips on how I can put my photo bucket images on here using an iPhone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Welcome  thestoryofactionman Bc63ae65-8d76-4c12-a824-b29a44941914_zps3a04935b
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Welcome.

With IPad you just copy the image code, not sure if its the same on an IPhone.

Edit;

I see you've fixed it!
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi Tony and welcome aboard!

I'm sure you will be a great asset to AMMO mate, hope you enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Polar Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:07 am

Welcome aboard Tony, your collection and photos are outstanding

Sir Sid
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Welcome, Tony Smile

Welcome  thestoryofactionman 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome thestoryofactionman   Welcome  thestoryofactionman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome thestoryofactionman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Welcome All New Members To A.M.M.O.-
Jump to: