ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.

Go down 
+4
BAMComix
ak615
Sparklebudgie
brownboots
8 posters
AuthorMessage
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Empty
PostSubject: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:32 pm

The brows need a bit of work still but he's as near as damn finished. I've gone for AT type adventurer look.

Red haired EE Re-paint.
EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. EErepaintredhead_zpsda68b2ee

This was en earlier attempt at a EE mod. I'm probably going to repaint this head (at the moment he's just sanded and Dullcoted)
EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. EErepaintshoreleave_zpsd87dde8c

Same figure with some Fr kit.
EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. EErepaintfrench_zps16b9ac63

Last edited by brownboots on Tue May 21, 2013 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Loving the red head look.

Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:35 pm

brilliant work BB cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:40 pm

awesome mate !!
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks guys, glad you like it, I sweated bullets about posting it Very Happy

p.s I'll fix the eybrows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:53 pm

Looks superb, I have so many ideas already you have just added a few more
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Whats to sweat about you`ve added an extra dimension to the figure. Smile

Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Fuzzybee wrote:
Looks superb, I have so many ideas already you have just added a few more

Watcha' thinking FB? I'm going to try a Blonde Re-paint next.
Have you tried this for the finish...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Testors-Anti-Shine-Dullcote-Lacquer-Overcoat-Topcoat-3-oz-85g-Spray-Can-/390573595470?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item5af0001b4e#ht_1177wt_1078
...it's marvelous for a lovely just new toy dull sheen.
Have at it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:03 pm

ak615 wrote:
Whats to sweat about you`ve added an extra dimension to the figure. Smile

I'm a natural worrier! The head itself was so drawn upon and filthy you wouldn't pick it up in a street, so I guess I can chalk it up
as another one saved cheers
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Oooooohh i really like that, i might have a go myself - did you have to sand his hair as it's all bobbled normally isn't it? And what paint and colour did you use for the black and red (if you don't mind me asking)

Thanks, Damian
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Sgt_Elias wrote:
Oooooohh i really like that, i might have a go myself - did you have to sand his hair as it's all bobbled normally isn't it? And what paint and colour did you use for the black and red (if you don't mind me asking)

Thanks, Damian

No probs..
EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Redheadee_zps0d7f77ae

The hair and skin tone are Citadel paints, the skin is Cadian Flesh the hair is Squig orange ( I'm sure there were other tones either slightly lighter or darker in hue but I went for the average tone) the black is a standard Mars black, all acrylics.
The head is very sanded with a fine wet and dry. It's all about the prep for this kind of paint job. When finished, finish off with Testors Dullcote
matt varnish spray.,
C'mon, save those knackered old heads!
Twisted Evil

Last edited by brownboots on Tue May 21, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:37 pm

AMAZING!! i'm straight off to buy me some paint, i've already got an SAS guy with a shawn head so he just needs sanding and then he's off to the spray shop lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:39 pm

I am looking forward to seeing the result matey !!
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Sgt_Elias wrote:
AMAZING!! i'm straight off to buy me some paint, i've already got an SAS guy with a shawn head so he just needs sanding and then he's off to the spray shop lol!

Good on ya'.......It's very rewarding to do. Let me know if you find any good colours to use.............Oh! and post the results.
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 5:23 pm

great idea, love the look of that.. top effort.... transforms the EE! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Sgt_Elias wrote:

Are you back from the shops yet?.....you've been ages!! lol!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Wow! You do great work! cheers
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 5:47 pm

They look the absolute nuts BB, fantastic work there!!!

Very tempted to have a go...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.   EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EE Red hair re-paint finished and black hair Re-paint test.
Page 1 of 1