Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Thu May 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Custom Falklands War SAS Trooper

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Custom SAS Dress Uniform

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Thu May 23, 2013 11:46 pm

More of my customs

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Thu May 23, 2013 11:49 pm

And a few more

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Thu May 23, 2013 11:50 pm

SAS SILENT ATTACK

Back to top Go down
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 12:16 am

They are some great looking customs my friend!! Love the use of the polar explorer boot tops in your UN guy! Also really like your Falklands sas custom! My uncle Nick is a falkland islander and still has the droopy tache that seems to befit all the best falkland conflict era Vam customs I've seen. Great stuff.

Armoured Car Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 am

Amazing Sets....

Thank you for the posting mate!!

Great Work
Len

Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 3:05 am

Great looking custom sets! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeman
Armoured Car Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 am

Damn nice stuff!

Rick
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gijoesquartermaster.webs.com
Ddaydawson
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 6:30 am

Fantastic set of customs, awesome. That is one serious kayak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 am

Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 9:36 am

Wow. Amazing. Jaw droppingly great figures. Impossible to name favourites but I do love the Aussies and the Brit infantry with the Lewis Gun. I'm also partial to German mountain troops, see I said I couldn't choose a favourite. Great upload. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 10:53 am

Fantastic stuff, truly inspirational bashes !! looking forward to seeing more ! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 am

Fantastic customs mate , so great to view these.

ak615
Red Devil

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Lovely stuff more please,great stable belt on the SAS fella.

Beatlefan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Some very nice bashes there, the Germans look superb.

Actually they all look superb, great pics mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joe90
Mine Detection

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 8:27 pm

thestoryofactionman wrote:

This one is unbe--friggin'--lievably Cool!

Too bad Palitoy never made an Enfield No1 Mk III.

Sparklebudgie
Ski Patrol

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Some fantastic looking figures here cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Fri May 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Harry McTavish
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Sat May 25, 2013 12:41 am

Wow Truly amazing bashes cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Sat May 25, 2013 11:34 am

Fantastic bashes ! I really like the modern police man, great use of other vam stuff. Thatts not to say that I do not like the others they are all awesome !
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Sat May 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Wow, fantastic. Blown me away Tony. I can say with hand on heart I've created a monster. Just what I'd set out to achieve. Thanks for taking up the mantle. Please can I just explain to the few on here who may not already know, how this came about and apologies to those who already know. Tony was persuaded by Bob Brechin to visit and interview me for his film, as Bob told Tony that "this guy had carried the Action Man theme where he and Palitoy had left off". So out of obligation to Bob, Tony paid me a visit. As I opened the door to this guy, his first words were "Look mate, I'm not in to customs, I'm a purist collector. I'm only here cos Bob asked me to take a look". After 5 minutes, Tony had changed his mind and just look at him now!! There's some there I'd be really proud of mate. I get a real buzz from seeing your stuff and it's a real pleasure to have you on here Tony. Thanks for coming over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Sat May 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Here you go Vaughan, this is copied from my response to my welcome to the forum;

"Up until recently I was considered an Action Man "Purist", only collecting Palitoy outfits and displaying them exactly as they had been released back in the day. I wasn't against Action Man customs, they just weren't for me...

... Well that all changed two years ago when I first met Vaughan. I completely understood and appreciated his perspective on customising; using only original Palitoy accessories and a little imagination his customs stood out from the crowd. I think the key reason they appealed to me so much was because they still looked like toys and NOT models. Again, I'm not against the customisers who utilise Dragon Model accessories but for me the hobby had always been about a nostalgic love of toys. I didn't have models as a kid and my Action Man's rifle never had so much detail that it could be stripped for cleaning, so sticking to Vaughan's Guidelines I started customising Action Man figures about 18 months ago and I've never looked back."
Back to top Go down
Winch
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Sat May 25, 2013 4:56 pm

It's interesting how attitudes change over the years, when I was first making customised figures similar to this as much as 20 years ago I was often treated with anything from mild amusement to outright disdain as a heretic by many of the "serious Action Man Collectors". lol! That being said most of those Collectors are no longer collecting so I'm not sure what that says about them or me? scratch

Winch

"Fear not my Lord for Baldrick has a cunning plan!" Twisted Evil

Check out my range of Repro and Custom Items for Action Man and similar 1/6th Scale Figures including many unique items not available anywhere else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthecoat
Australian Jungle Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   Sat May 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Winch wrote:
It's interesting how attitudes change over the years, when I was first making customised figures similar to this as much as 20 years ago I was often treated with anything from mild amusement to outright disdain as a heretic by many of the "serious Action Man Collectors". lol! That being said most of those Collectors are no longer collecting so I'm not sure what that says about them or me? scratch

And thankfully they all stuck to one site before they stopped collecting lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures   

Back to top Go down

The Story of ACTION MAN Custom VAM figures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next