ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV

Go down 
+4
ghost recon
Joe90
inntruderr61
Beatlefan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Empty
PostSubject: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:23 am

I am a massive fan of the AT vehicles and a few weeks back won an MSV which I have uploaded pics of already.

Well......a couple of weeks ago I was on ebay late one night and there was a Big Trapper ending in a few hours time. I messaged the seller to ask if he would ship to the UK and luckily he replied straight away and said yes so I put a bid in and went to bed.
Woke the next morning to find I had won it!

I always worry about getting something so big from overseas and I don't just mean the Customs charges!!!! Will it be packaged properly? Will it get damaged in transit? It was absolute torture waiting for it to arrive lol.

It arrived on Thursday (after handing over some hard earned cash to Customs) and wow! what a great vehicle. It was dirty and a few stickers are missing but I knew this already and ordered a replacement set. I spent a couple of hours yesterday giving it a good clean up to find there isn't a single scratch on it, not even any wear on the wheels. The only dirt was from the garage where it had been stored. There is a crack on one corner of the cage which I knew about already but isn't noticeable unless you look for it. The cage is really fragile on these things, I'm surprised any have survived.

I don't usually make two big purchases so close together but the Big Trapper looked too good to miss, even had the Intruder figure with it. Ever since I have been looking for these vehicles I have noticed the Big Trapper seems much rarer and quite a bit more expensive than the MSV, does anyone know why this is? Were they a less produced vehicle maybe?

Anyway hope you enjoy the pics.

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 008-9_zpsc99412b3

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 009-7_zps70f05514

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 010-8_zps27520ba1

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 011-7_zps9391cd33
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:28 am

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 012-8_zps31d511d3

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 013-7_zpsdd93860d

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 014-11_zps269c8827

The Silver costume Intruder came with the Big Trapper, I picked up the Gold costume version separately for Steve to play with when he comes round Laughing

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 015-7_zpsfcb0ce40
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:31 am

The Intruder in his cage!!

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 016-8_zps940f0f1f

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 018-8_zps6e055b36

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 019-6_zpse040f707

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 021-5_zps4f975442
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:34 am

A few pics of the vehicles together.

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 022-6_zps27772cbb

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 024-6_zps075c683b

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 025-5_zps365f19d4
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:37 am

Didn't get much time to take pics this morning, when I get a chance I will do a story with both vehicles.

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 026-6_zps62707eb8

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 027-5_zps2c9a669b

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 028-5_zps2e1eaf53
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:44 am

Wow those are some great pics! cheers
Intruder captured! cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:57 am

Wow! Richard, I am really impressed that your love of the AT vehicles would inspire you to get these 2 MONSTERS!

Besides being impressed I'm also a tad jealous -- a Big Trapper in that shape with the cage intact. Yup, green with envy. alien

The MSV are much more common because they were produced for 3 years during the peak of AT Mania and a lot of boys needed a Mobile HQ for their Adventure Team.

On the other hand, the Big Trapper was released in 1976, the final year of GI Joe's run. Demand was way down so I assume production was way down too.

Way to go! Those are 2 great vehicles.
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:05 am

FANTASTIC !! These are just so beautiful Richard to see. Love the colour of the AT's & it makes for , I feel a far better thing to have than the AM version. Green is so bland on every dam vehicle !

Great uploads my friend , can't wait to see the story board you do. Do also have to say , The figures set it all off a peach too.

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:48 am

Joe90 wrote:

The MSV are much more common because they were produced for 3 years during the peak of AT Mania and a lot of boys needed a Mobile HQ for their Adventure Team.

On the other hand, the Big Trapper was released in 1976, the final year of GI Joe's run. Demand was way down so I assume production was way down too.

Thanks for the comments and info Doug, that would explain why they are few and far between!

AT Joe certainly had some very nice stuff that we never got on this side of the pond, I have some stuff from Rick (Joeman) too that I need to get pictured and uploaded.

Thanks again Doug.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:53 am

ghost recon wrote:
FANTASTIC !! These are just so beautiful Richard to see. Love the colour of the AT's & it makes for , I feel a far better thing to have than the AM version. Green is so bland on every dam vehicle !

Thanks for the comments Ade, glad you like the pics!

Totally agree, I think the appeal is that they are so different to AM Green. Not that theres anything wrong with green but I don't think I would have bought Big Trapper if it looked the same as our Multi Terrain Vehicle.

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:58 am

1st a MSV and now a Big Trapper!! That's just plain showing off!

It looks fantastic mate. As you say buying things this big from overseas is a nightmare so I'm glad your bravery has paid off.
Well done to the UK 'premier' AT collector lol!

...Although I could have done without seeing this image at 9.00am in the morning. It's put me off my cornflakes!

Beatlefan wrote:

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV 015-7_zpsfcb0ce40

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:50 am

Very nice vehicles, for sure!

Rick
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:51 am

Wow !! Richard, what a great addition !! , It looks mint. You have don a wonderful job cleaning it mate, and I am so pleased it is such great condition. Awesome photos too. So two intruders now eh?, never mind steve coming round, when can I come and play !! lol!
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Great score Richard,you don`t see many of those cages at all in any condition so well done sir and thanks for posting. bounce bounce bounce

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks Gents, glad you like them.
Back to top Go down
Walter1965
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Walter1965

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:28 am

WOW!! outstanding Richard...Doug hit it right on the head about why the Big Trapper is seldom seen.Both vehicles look mint !! I would like to pick up a Big Trapper some day...The ones that I have seen have sold for big $$.Not trying to hijack your thread Richard...I hope that you do not mind me posting a few pictures.I'm bidding on a MSV...Not as nearly as nice of shape as yours....If I win the auction,I think that I can find the missing parts and with some TLC and new AT decals...I can bring here back to her glory days....Walter Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV %2524T2eC16d%252C%2521zQE9s3stYbcBSF%25288ui0c%2521%257E%257E60_57Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV %2524T2eC16J%252C%2521%2529QE9s3HEEghBSF%2528%252B8Cm4%2521%257E%257E60_57Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV %2524T2eC16d%252C%2521%25290E9s37HlpKBSFY%2521%2521%2528NO%2521%257E%257E60_57
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Walts-16-figures-746793052029123/
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:35 am

looks superb, best of luck my friend cheers 
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:03 am

Nice! cheers 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:50 am

just popped back again Richard to check out your post. The Big Trapper is incredible! is it identical to action man's MTV ? apart from the colour and cage? either way it looks the business mate cheers 
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:55 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
just popped back again Richard to check out your post. The Big Trapper is incredible! is it identical to action man's MTV ? apart from the colour and cage? either way it looks the business mate cheers 
Exactly the same vehicle Dal, as you say only the colour and cage (and the all important Intruder) are different.

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Volgan10
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 4:34 pm

It is amazing what a different colour can make a vehicle look so different !! Also I was fascinated to read that they had a limited run Shocked , It is just a shame that Joe makers such as action man makers stopped production Sad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV   Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventure Team Big Trapper & MSV
Page 1 of 1