ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Repairing Stress Fractures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

Repairing Stress Fractures Empty
PostSubject: Repairing Stress Fractures   Repairing Stress Fractures Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Over at the UAMHQ somebody had made some decent attempts at repairing broken Joe body parts by melting them with a heated scalpel.

Sound familiar? Who was it that did it? Zulu1?

I want to repair some broken body parts that way. I used ookForJoe's technique of using shrink tubing on fractures but I really want to try the melt and fuse technique.
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Stress Fractures   Repairing Stress Fractures Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:05 pm

I've found a thread over at Action Burt HQ where live talks about it.

Clive, can you post some pictures and do a How To?
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Stress Fractures   Repairing Stress Fractures Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:11 pm

Doug, I've sent a PM to you.

I'm definitely onto it tonight. I've got the photos on my external drives, the photos just need tweeking by adding a text guide.
They should be ready by tomorrow night.
Smile

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Stress Fractures   Repairing Stress Fractures Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:33 am

Doug, I recently bought a variable temp woodburner/soldering iron from Hobby Lobby, it has been useful working with plastics, I just haven't gotten it down to a science yet. $36 and 40% off any one item, killer deal. Walnut Hollow is the mfgr.

Might help.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repairing Stress Fractures   Repairing Stress Fractures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repairing Stress Fractures
Page 1 of 1