Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ddaydawson
Action Pilot

PostSubject: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi Guys,
I have recently purchased a DAK Motorcycle and Sidecar. I just wondered if anyone can let me know if there where different coloured headlamps as mine has the orange glass and some of the ones I have seen have the clear headlamp glass.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Darren

Last edited by Ddaydawson on Fri May 31, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vam78
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Darren,

It sounds to me like you have a headlamp from the Geyperman range.

Is the licence plate "20 GM 77" ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ddaydawson
Action Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 5:41 pm

The motorcycle hasn't got any stickers on it. Its pretty much mint condition, just no stickers. It doesn't look like they have ever been applied. Here is the ebay photo. I have the motorcycle but not taken any photos yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ddaydawson
Action Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 6:09 pm

I think you could be right and if so what else could be different? or did this come out in the Action man range?
I dont know now if I am a little disappionted getting it now as I really collect Action Man. It does look in magic condition though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 6:15 pm

if it is a Geyper version, you have done very well, I believe they are quite rare in such fine condition my friend !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ddaydawson
Action Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 6:38 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
if it is a Geyper version, you have done very well, I believe they are quite rare in such fine condition my friend !
I thought it was a bargain but no to sure as it cost me 38 quid from the UK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 6:44 pm

at £38.00 mate vam or geyper it was a bargain mate. i have seen them go for a lot more cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ddaydawson
Action Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks Dal.
I will get some better photos with the gun mounted. I will also have to get some decals. I have copies of both Action Man and Geyperman decals it is just a matter as to which ones to put on.

Last edited by Ddaydawson on Fri May 31, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vam78
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 6:48 pm

You can tell by the clips as well that hold both (top & bottom that is) sidecarparts toghether it's GM (VAM does not have those clips).

You will see when you get the vehicle at the bottom : the VAM sidecarpar is fixed with brass bolts; the GM one is not. The GM bike itself has a stand, the VAM doesn't.

If you're not happy with the bike, I might be interested depending on price of course.

(Since I'm in a DAK mood after I got my German staff car ... Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
vam78
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 6:50 pm

But believe me, you will regrett selling this one ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ddaydawson
Action Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 6:55 pm

vam78 wrote:
You can tell by the clips as well that hold both (top & bottom that is) sidecarparts toghether it's GM (VAM does not have those clips).

You will see when you get the vehicle at the bottom : the VAM sidecarpar is fixed with brass bolts; the GM one is not. The GM bike itself has a stand, the VAM doesn't.

If you're not happy with the bike, I might be interested depending on price of course.

(Since I'm in a DAK mood after I got my German staff car ... Very Happy )

Thanks VAM78. Certainly confirms its Geyperman, so thanks for your help. Well a little disappointed I am but I am still stoked with it and wont be parting with it sorry. But I wouldn't mind that staff car of yours myself, its very nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vam78
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Fri May 31, 2013 7:24 pm

No problem Darren, glad to help.

I'll let you know if I ever want to get rid of my GSCar. Wink .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
Sailor

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:25 am

Great purchase DD & gotta say............Just LOVE the avatar !!

Ddaydawson
Action Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:04 pm

ghost recon wrote:
Great purchase DD & gotta say............Just LOVE the avatar !!
Thanks GR. Avatar is a picture of My commando I did that actually looks okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
SAS Underwater Attack

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:51 am

Avatar looks better than ok mate :-) And as for the Geyperman Bike and sidecar I'm glad your keeping it. I've only ever regretted selling my VAM stuff as taste change so much in this hobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question   

Back to top Go down

Recent DAK Motorcycle purchase question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1