Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Struggling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
Adventurer

PostSubject: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:28 am

Ahhhh fed up. I started my new arthritis meds two months ago and they were brilliant. Slept through the night without waking in pain for the first time in over twenty years!!! Only problem is that they seriously impede your immune system and also when you get I'll you have to come off the meds as it takes longer for you to heal and if you stay on them it can kill you as the infection spirals out of control!!!

I started to feel groggy almost two weeks ago had a sore throat and high tempreture. I was due to take my meds that Tuesday. By Tuesday I felt really rough so had to see the doctor who told me not to take the meds, :-(. Oh well I was hoping to hang in at work for the week as this week I've been on holiday. Well if you can call it holiday. I can't shift the Bally throat infection my sinus's are infected too now, I've a Bally cold and to cap it of my arthritis is flaring. I feel exhausted!

VAM is the only thing keeping me sane. Sara has asked what I want for my birthday on 12th June so I'm hoping... I've got a French Resistance outfit on the way and I'm hoping Dan can help with a figure for it. My Dad and Brother fixed the outboard on the Assualt craft Ade gave Jemma, they had to take the motor apart. I can't wait to see her face. My mum repaired my basic soldier fatigues so when I collect them my combat soldier Ade had helped me with will be almost there.

I just hope I well enough to enjoy my birthday. I really value my AMMO buddies and this great little toy gives me as much pleasure now as it did back then.

Sorry for moaning but thanks for being there :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
joeman
Armoured Car Commander

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:35 am

That's exactly why we are here to help a brother out when in need! Oh, yea, and the little guy!

Keep your chin up.

LMK what you need for FR, I have some US Joe parts here! Might even be having a Foreign guy available soon.

Rick
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gijoesquartermaster.webs.com
Sparkys6887
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:55 am

Thanks Rick. Your message means a lot mate.

As for the FR. It's the SOTC version so the bits I need are going to be tough. Camo radio. I actually need one for my GB too and his medal
Back to top Go down
joeman
Armoured Car Commander

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:21 am

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Thanks Rick. Your message means a lot mate.

As for the FR. It's the SOTC version so the bits I need are going to be tough. Camo radio. I actually need one for my GB too and his medal

I have a camo radio or 2, just negotiating on a deal with another. I'm sure I can spare 1when you are ready!

Rick
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gijoesquartermaster.webs.com
Bond007ca
Armoured Car Commander

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:52 am

Vent away my friend!!

I too love the forum and its a very nice break to have ( makes me take more breaks than I should LOL ) I even asked work IT guys to give me access to it. They laughed and we all over it... One of the guys is a HUGE Transformer Fan and he thinks the site is awesome...

Len

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:29 am

I am sorry to read that you are feeling unwell mate. You started off so well with your new medication. You are a determined chap, sparky so stay positive my friend and maybe plenty of vitimen C, orange juice and the like, I am sure I read somewhere it helps with colds.
I/we are always here mate for when you want a chat cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:55 am

Hey there Mark .
Sorry to read this & see your not so great. Listen though , I think with your family around you & your extended one here too. You'll bounce back & ride this storm out.

On a separate note I'm so pleased to read you have the boat working for Jemma ! PERFECT ! Birthday soon too , so fingers crossed for you on the FR my friend. It's a very nice b/day present to get.
You take very good care of yourself , keep your chin up & say hello here if you feel a little boost is needed.

ak615
Red Devil

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:00 am

I`ve had that poxy throat/chest infection for weeks now it`s left me so bunged up I`m deaf in one ear so I feel for you mate.

AManfromcoalville
SCRAMBLE PILOT

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:17 am

Sorry to read this, Mark. Hang on in there, and ride this out - all best wishes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthecoat
Australian Jungle Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:23 am

No

You vent as much as you like mate Smile

Always here for a chat so chin up youll be feeling better soon Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:58 am

Come on MARK you are my role model, I feel your pain mate hang on in there.
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
Ski Patrol

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Chin up Mark, your a fighter mate.

”As children we form a bond with our toys and a residue of that feeling remains. We give them life and in return they give us joy and forgetfulness.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brownboots
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Stay strong and try to be easier on yourself, I know you may feel the World is a bit S&*t at the moment but you will make it through.....and come on here and vent all you like....have you tried the chatbox? It's great for a bit of craic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beatlefan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Sorry to hear your feeling rough mate, it does get you down when you are ill. As everyone has said though, this is the place to come for a chat and bit of support!

And nearly your birthday too, four days before mine!!!

Don't let this get the better of you Mark, you are a vital member of AMMO and a great contributor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:31 am

I'll have to ask my sister what they are treating her with as it
helps a lot with no side effects...Some type of infusion of whatever...

Hang in there & vent away!
I'll say a prayer for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TALLY HO
Mountineer

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:02 pm

all has been said , I cant realy add anymore ..but all the best mate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:33 am

Wow!!! Thanks everyone. Your kindness and consideration it really helps :-) Sara had been a star and has been desperate to cheer me up so I think I have a couple of VAM suprises on there way :-) Pain is excrutiating at the moment but I feel in a better head space, once I've shifted this damn infection and cold I'll be back on the meds and feeling better :-) and all my VAM friends have really helped so THANK YOU!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Landing Signal Officer

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:11 am

Just been reading this thread Mark, stay strong my friend, everyone on this site is rooting for you.

Sir Sid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zulu1
Flock Head (Hard Hands)

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:15 am

Hang in there Mark!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harry McTavish
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:29 am

Get well soon Mark. I'll be thinking of you on your birthday as mines the day after yours. Hope your feeling better soon mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:22 am

Sparky,

My sister takes Orencia. It works great for her...
But everyones different... Have you tried Orencia yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fuzzybee
Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:51 am

Keep your pecker up mate, you will get through it the human body is an amazing thing. I don't want to hijack your thread but I went through a major health scare in January. A suspected heart attack, at 42 that wasn't something I had envisaged, my life was completely shattered in the space of a doctors visit. She more or less told me my working life may be over, as a very fit not overweight male I had allsorts of thoughts going through my mind, stuff like losing our family home not seeing my young children grow into adulthood.I had to take three months off work have various unpleasant tests and basically went through hell.
The not knowing is the one that did me the most, thankfully after all the tests etc it was discovered all that was wrong with me was my heart wasn't functioning correctly. A course of drugs corrected this now i'm fighting fit again.
The drugs did initially take there toll on me, infact they made me feel terrible, however I got through it as I know you will.
The one thing that came out of my experience was I discovered Action Man again, I sold of my collection back in 2006 just as the 40th range came out.
I do not know why but the experience made me crave owning them again, so in February of this year i decided to track some down, a lucky find on a local flea market reinforced my desire to collect Vintage Action Man once again.
One thing led to another and here I am, a collector who is a member of this great little community, collecting can be a solitary experience as it's not something your average fourty something does.
However discovering this place and it's great members is a great place to be, I am rooting for you mate, just take each day as it comes, stay positive and stay strong for your family but more importantly yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Can't really say any more than these guys have! But!!! I LOVE YOU DUDE!!! Keep fighting!!

Action Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Only just seen the thread Marky. Sorry to hear all this mate. Hope the VAMlove from the forum is helping to lift your spirits. Glad to hear the FR is on its way. I know you have been longing for one for a long time

Take care , mate

Paul
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparklebudgie
Ski Patrol

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:44 am

Chin up fellow Sparky, I can't really add to what been said on here, but thinking of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Struggling   

Back to top Go down

Struggling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next