Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dismantling a Mercury Capsule?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Winch
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)

PostSubject: Dismantling a Mercury Capsule?   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:49 pm

OK here's a question has anyone here ever successfully taken a Mercury Capsule apart in a manner which allowed it to be re-assembled again and if so would you care to share the information how?

Winch

"Fear not my Lord for Baldrick has a cunning plan!" Twisted Evil

Check out my range of Repro and Custom Items for Action Man and similar 1/6th Scale Figures including many unique items not available anywhere else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winch
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)

PostSubject: Re: Dismantling a Mercury Capsule?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:16 pm

I asked this a few other places including a couple of US Based JOe Groups I'm a member of on Facebook and finally someone came up with this!
Mercury Capsule Dismantling Instructable It's not perfect and it's a shame he didn't use larger photos but it does at least give you an insight into the Capsules assembly and construction!

Winch

"Fear not my Lord for Baldrick has a cunning plan!" Twisted Evil

Check out my range of Repro and Custom Items for Action Man and similar 1/6th Scale Figures including many unique items not available anywhere else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Dismantling a Mercury Capsule?   Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:49 am

I've never taken one apart, but if you do any Back-engineering, It might be best to draw rough diagrams, take snapshots on your mobile phone and make notes.
This will help in remembering how to put it all back together again.
Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak615
ASTRONAUGHT

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Dismantling a Mercury Capsule?   Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:17 pm

I have but it aint easy the lip around the base on mine was already cracked and chipped so with the aid of plenty of hot water I managed to get it apart as I intended to repaint afterwards as it was already damaged before the start of the project I wasn`t too worried about minor damage.

action bob
Mine Detection

PostSubject: Re: Dismantling a Mercury Capsule?   Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi ak615
Does the base twist to take apart, as I would like to renovate my capsule, and may I ask what paint and colour you used as your looks brilliant after your paint job, then all i need to do is get the replacement dashboard sticker!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dismantling a Mercury Capsule?   

Back to top Go down

Dismantling a Mercury Capsule?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1