ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Wondering If . . . .

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Just Wondering If . . . .  Empty
PostSubject: Just Wondering If . . . .    Just Wondering If . . . .  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:54 am

Hi guys,
           after seeing this image posted by Sirsidneyruffdiamond over in the 50th Anniversary thread I suddenly had a thought! 

I wonder if the Bren/Universal Carrier is inspiration for the early APC with Mine Roller?
Just Wondering If . . . .  NZ_05_HS_Bren_Carrier
Just Wondering If . . . .  759352_1_l
It was the overall shape and 3 Wheel Configuration which made me wonder! Despite intensive Googling of Images I cannot find one of Bren/Universal/Carrier with a Mine Roller attached, although the range of other weapons and attachments used by both the Allies and Axis power is absolutely breath-taking!

Any thoughts or comments?
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Just Wondering If . . . .    Just Wondering If . . . .  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:08 pm

It probably was.

I saw a boxed vam one at a boot sale last week!   I didn't even ask the bloke what he wanted for it after him wanting £20 for a red MAM Ferrari car, I was on my last £5. It's just hit me hard now for not having a go at getting a deal done for that boxed Transport Command vehicle.  I'm still in shock! that chance will never come up for me again at a boot sale, I know it SadSadSad

somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Just Wondering If . . . .    Just Wondering If . . . .  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:33 pm

'It was the overall shape and 3 Wheel Configuration which made me wonder'

Can't see it myself especially as the original GI Joe version of the mine sweeper had four wheels. I'm not sure if the reduction to three wheels was done by Hasbro for the later issues or by Palitoy when they launched the AM version.
Can anyone suggest another real life vehicle that might have been the inspiration for the mine sweeper?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Just Wondering If . . . .    Just Wondering If . . . .  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:22 pm

The Bren Carrier would've been a better choice as it would be more to scale, but that armoured personnel/mine sweeper is based on the M113

M113

Last edited by Joe90 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Wondering If . . . .    Just Wondering If . . . .  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:26 pm

If it was based on the M113 then it was designed by a 1 eyed blind man who'd never seen a M113! affraid
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Just Wondering If . . . .    Just Wondering If . . . .  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:07 pm

I think the design guy at Hasbro used plenty of creative license if the mine sweeper is based on the M113!lol!
The later AM Spartan always reminded me of one though.

As my favourite vehicle, and the only one I had as a kid, I'm now really curious about the mine sweepers origins now.

Is the M113 suggestion an assumption on your part Doug or have you heard it from a reliable source? Personally I've always thought they had more than a passing resemblance to a WW2 Half-Track.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Wondering If . . . .    Just Wondering If . . . .  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Wondering If . . . .
Page 1 of 1