Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I can't post PM's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: I can't post PM's   Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Is anyone else having problems sending PM's?

Since today I can't post PM's. If I click on reply to a message, my browser completely locks up/freezes on that screen and I have to use Windows task manager to close it down. Also the reply screen where I type a post with all the post options has gone white instead of the normal black page colour??

The flashing text cursor also feels a bit sluggish/slow too? So I apologize to anyone if I don't reply to your messages.
I've reset my browser, uninstalled and reinstalled MS Silverlight and other web type programs but there's no change. I don't know what to do now other than smash this pc to a pulp with a 15lb sledgehammer. My latest post for here has been put back a day or two through these problems.

Last edited by clivvers on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I can't post PM's   Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:31 pm

I am not sure about pm's clive but my reply box has also gone white. I am still able to post tho. I thought it may have been an update or something that has changed its colour ?? I shall look into it and see if I can work out what is going on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: I can't post PM's   Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks Dal,

It will be intresting to see if anyone else is having these issues.
I still run 'Internet Explorer 8'  I can't afford to run 9 or 10's constant 'super HD' adverts telling me how to live my life! They eat my internet credit at a fast rate Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cappy
Armoured Car Commander

PostSubject: Re: I can't post PM's   Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Looks like the layout of the reply box has changed and it's white.cyclops

Sparklebudgie
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: I can't post PM's   Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:22 am

Yes mine has changed as well, but it still works.

View user profile
Danthecoat
Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: I can't post PM's   Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 am

clivvers wrote:
Thanks Dal,

It will be intresting to see if anyone else is having these issues.
I still run 'Internet Explorer 8'  I can't afford to run 9 or 10's constant 'super HD' adverts telling me how to live my life! They eat my internet credit at a fast rate Sad

Sadly Clivvers you do need to upgrade your browser because of the softwares changes within the forum Sad Have you tried to use Google chrome to access the site or maybe you can click the compatability mode in your version of internet explorer ?? Give those things a try and let me know how you get on Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: I can't post PM's   Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks for your help Dan

I had a right day of it again yesterday with my browser, but It seems to be working a bit better now with no more crashes. I'm now running in compatibility mode and all seems fine but a little different than it used to be. I'm so used to using IE8, it's nice and simple for me to use with everything where I need it. I'm going to give IE9 or 10 a go later and to see if it's any better.
I'll report back soon Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibri
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: I can't post PM's   Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:46 am

Hey Clive, I realize I'm like way late in replying to this thread I only just found it. But, yes, I was having the same problem replying to a PM. Everytime I tried to reply to it my computer locked up. The message area had gone white just as you all described. I was still able to reply to posts, just couldn't reply to a PM I had received from  Andy. I ended up contacting him through another board and then emails. I forgot all about the problem till I stumbled on this thread. Just for the heck of it, I tried to reply to his original PM and this time it worked okay.

Bri
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't post PM's   

Back to top Go down

I can't post PM's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1